Hollywood to KC

Not a fan of brown at all.  I know some like him but I don't think he is too good. 

If we get boyd and can draft two WRs we should be okay.

I'd even tolerate obj but if they get scantling it would be an epic fail.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

JD has had a horrible last year but the good news is that he is not mortgaging the future for a 1 year run.

Nor is he making foolish save his job decisions to try to eek out an extra win or 2 this year.

He’s sticking with his principles and at least trying to build the right way.

I do believe he needs to take a shot at a Tyron Smith or another LT because the Jets are NOT filling starting WR & LT via the draft.  

He already mortgaged the future, too damn late.  If the jets do not make the playoffs minimum he is fired.  He is also hamstrung by having to please the QB who has played a whopping 4 snaps for us.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is so freaking depressing.

OBJ and MVS?  I’d literally rather sign nobody and roll with Gipson and Brownlee making a year 2 leap.

Boyd is probably washed.  

Higgins and/or Chase have been hurt for significant stretches the last 2 seasons, yet Boyd has failed to produce much, even with Joe Burrow.

• Ugh 1

26 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

WR round 1.

Becoming clear isn’t it?

Jets are going young at the position in a WR heavy draft rather than overpaying in a weak FA market.  Pretty smart strategy with the recent success of rookies and the rising price tag of vets.  

They also need a slot WR:

Boyd, Davis or Round 3 / 4.

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That is so freaking depressing.

OBJ and MVS?  I’d literally rather sign nobody and roll with Gipson and Brownlee making a year 2 leap.

Boyd is probably washed.  

Higgins and/or Chase have been hurt for significant stretches the last 2 seasons, yet Boyd has failed to produce much, even with Joe Burrow.

Football Fight On GIF by USC Trojans
Seahawks Jsn GIF by hamlet

we could’ve had or pick on rookie contracts but instead we lost huff and got McDonald’s 

Stuff like this is super annoying to me when it was obvious to 90% of the fan base 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not a fan of brown at all.  I know some like him but I don't think he is too good. 

If we get boyd and can draft two WRs we should be okay.

Really curious what OBJs asking price is… doubt anyone gives him $16M like the Ravens did. 1 year/$9-10M? 

18 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Really curious what OBJs asking price is… doubt anyone gives him $16M like the Ravens did. 1 year/$9-10M? 

I think the perceived potential upside of getting a WR1 is gone. He’s clearly a low end 2 / 3 at this point. I’d guess he’s worth around 1 year 6 to 8 mill. Question is, will he play for that kind of money?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

WR round 1.

Becoming clear isn’t it?

Jets are going young at the position in a WR heavy draft rather than overpaying in a weak FA market.  Pretty smart strategy with the recent success of rookies and the rising price tag of mediocre to aging vets.  

They also need a slot WR: Boyd, Davis or Round 3 / 4.

Could be that the top 3 wrs are off the board by pick 10 and we will be staring at fashanu or bowers as the pick

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we're going to get some #3 WR type guy like Boyd or OBJ, whiff on Tyron Smith and sign Bahk then draft a TE at #10.

We are the Jets. This is the way.

Bowers isn't just some TE though!

9 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

JD has had a horrible last year but the good news is that he is not mortgaging the future for a 1 year run.

Nor is he making foolish save his job decisions to try to eek out an extra win or 2 this year.

He’s sticking with his principles and at least trying to build the right way.

I do believe he needs to take a shot at a Tyron Smith or another LT because the Jets are NOT filling starting WR & LT via the draft.  

Yeah, but....

A-A-Ron is 40.  You need to maximize now.  He already went down the rabbit hole.  Too late to be practical.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He already mortgaged the future, too damn late.  If the jets do not make the playoffs minimum he is fired.  He is also hamstrung by having to please the QB who has played a whopping 4 snaps for us.

We never should have traded for Rodgers with a tightwad GM like Joe Douglas.

Via Athletic:

Allen carries a hefty $18.1 million salary and the Jets aren’t willing to spend that much on a wide receiver this offseason.

Brown’s contract looks a little more reasonable, but the Jets never seriously entered the fray for his services. The Jets also weren’t interested in Diontae Johnson before the Steelers traded him to the Panthers this week.

+ a $5m sb for Allen

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Could be that the top 3 wrs are off the board by pick 10 and we will be staring at fashanu or bowers as the pick

It’s a deep WR draft.  1st round grade guys will be available when we pick in round 3.  At least I hope that’s JD’s thinking

28 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s a deep WR draft.  1st round grade guys will be available when we pick in round 3.  At least I hope that’s JD’s thinking

JD sucks. So you can almost guarantee he will f*ck this off-season up

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Very fair, from what I read there is a 4th WR moving up some boards.

Jets need pass catchers and a LT.  Think they grab the latter in FA and if Bowers is available then he might be the guy.

3 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, but....

A-A-Ron is 40.  You need to maximize now.  He already went down the rabbit hole.  Too late to be practical.

They clearly haven’t done enough.  My own order of priority:

1a:  LT (Smith, round 1)

1b:  WR#2 (round 1, Williams or trade)

2a.  WR#3 (Boyd, Davis, trade, round 3)

2b. Swing OT who is serviceable starter when Smith or Bakhtiari {if passes physical} miss the inevitable games (unless AVT will take that role; if so, need a  high level Swing Guard)

3. 3rd Safety; their preference over 3rd LB (Ashtyn, ?)

4. Backup RB (can catch and block)

5. Depth (WR, G, QB, Defense)