Garrett Wilson hanging with our 1st round pick?

33 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Rome Odunze, if he falls to us, would be ideal as a compliment to Garrett Wilson, in the long term, and possibly an X receiver opposite Mike Williams, with Garrett in the slot. 

Personally I like the idea of Odunze over Bowers. Aaron Rodgers would be fine with Conklin at TE. 

They're bot sponsored by Adidas and are doing a photoshoot for the brand, at least that is what it looks like.

22 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think about this picture once a day. He looks so nerdy, goofy. 

IMG_6977.webp

It’s funny that reaction to that pic got called out lol. 

Bowers is now in the thick of silly season where one simple photograph with Rob Gronkowski has people second-guessing their initial feelings and his draft status.

Is he actually built like a tight end?

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Bowers is now in the thick of silly season where one simple photograph with Rob Gronkowski has people second-guessing their initial feelings and his draft status.

He’s smaller than I’d want him to be. I’ve seen mocks with him going in the 20s recently. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He’s smaller than I’d want him to be. I’ve seen mocks with him going in the 20s recently. 

Small for what ?  Oh no not the mocks 😂

Only 44.7% of Bowers’ snaps were from what PFF categorizes as a tight end alignment, which would rank 168th out of 191 qualifying college tight ends, and far lower than other prospects who were categorized as “receiving-first” when entering the NFL. Kyle Pittsaligned as a tight end on 62.9% of his snaps, Dalton Kincaid on 64.5% at Utah and Sam LaPorta on 67% at Iowa (which makes sense given the Hawkeyes' recent offensive philosophy of 1 yard and a cloud of dust).

This can seem like a negative stat, and it would be for some prospects, but when watching Bowers and his role in the Georgia offense, it's more indicative of Bowers’ versatility, athleticism, skill and ability as a pure football player and Georgia’s general reliance on his ability to win from anywhere.Bowers is listed as a tight end and can align there, but he also can line up outside, in the slot, as a wing or even as a rusher in jet motion (he rushed for 193 yards and five touchdowns in college).

Bowers isn’t so much a tight end as an oversized slot player (818 of his snaps came from the slot during his college career, second-most among the 191 qualifying tight ends since 2019) and he is a true mismatch for the poor linebackers and safeties stuck guarding him:

• Post of the Week 2

58 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Most of us would take Odunze over Bowers

Problem is, he’ll likely be gone along with guys like Harrison, Nabers and Alt.

In that case, I’m taking Bowers all day.

There’s going to be a lot of options at 10. The top 20 in this draft is solid as fck. 

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Rome Odunze, if he falls to us, would be ideal as a compliment to Garrett Wilson, in the long term, and possibly an X receiver opposite Mike Williams, with Garrett in the slot. 

Personally I like the idea of Odunze over Bowers. Aaron Rodgers would be fine with Conklin at TE. 

Much prefer the Best OL @ 10 or a trade back & pickup a 2nd. Rodgers isn't throwing to anyone from his back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh no

The point is he defies traditional position names and creates mismatches.  I have no problem with him at 10 because he’s really not a traditional TE. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

The point is he defies traditional position names and creates mismatches.  I have no problem with him at 10 because he’s really not a traditional TE. 

This was likewise terrifying when Dalton Kincaid was going to do it, then the Bills found out he couldn’t get off man to man coverage and went back to Kalil Shakir in the slot

Blewitt from Jet-X is on Asman show right now talking about a question I raised on Bowers, contested catches.

Blewitt has him charted as “2 for 10 at best” for his college tape.

Dude is a complete unknown when it comes to this area, which is absolutely critical at the NFL level for TEs.

Bro got a ton of free releases.  Looked fast because he is fast but how do you judge his route running when he was left literally uncovered / ignored Jace Amaro style in all these highlight plays 🤣

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was likewise terrifying when Dalton Kincaid was going to do it, then the Bills found out he couldn’t get off man to man coverage and went back to Kalil Shakir in the slot

The Office Lie GIF

Only 44.7% of Bowers’ snaps were from what PFF categorizes as a tight end alignment, which would rank 168th out of 191 qualifying college tight ends, and far lower than other prospects who were categorized as “receiving-first” when entering the NFL. Kyle Pittsaligned as a tight end on 62.9% of his snaps, Dalton Kincaid on 64.5% at Utah

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

I doubt CBs will be thinking he looks "nerdy" as he's barreling towards them 

brock-bowers.jpg

Dude is a badass

I’ll take #86 over Bowers in the 7th round.

What a waste of a top 10 pick this kid is going to be.

Not because he won’t be any good but he will never be able to live up to justifying top 10 for Rodgers to have a weapon for a year maybe 2 that he doesn’t even use anyways.

Not to mention the only way Bowers justifies a top 15 pick is by being Kelce day 1 period and I highly doubt he would ever even touch Kelce in his career never mind year 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is why testing is extra important at TE. It’s harder to get opportunities in college than it is in the pros but being good enough to get significant opportunities in college just doesn’t give the same kind of targets sample it does at WR. That being the case, production isn’t quite as meaningful because you can’t really see someone be straight up dominant as easily.

Testing ends up giving an indication of how a guy might be able to get open at the pro level against better athletes. In Bowers’ case he’s a YAC guy. I don’t think he’s going to get YAC in the pros at 240 running a 4.67 but at a 4.47 maybe I buy it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

No 2nd guessing here just helps my confirmation of what I think.

You want to trade back into the 20’s and gamble on this guy while getting a 2nd round pick absolutely but NEVER EVER EVER with the 10th pick.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Office Lie GIF

Only 44.7% of Bowers’ snaps were from what PFF categorizes as a tight end alignment, which would rank 168th out of 191 qualifying college tight ends, and far lower than other prospects who were categorized as “receiving-first” when entering the NFL. Kyle Pittsaligned as a tight end on 62.9% of his snaps, Dalton Kincaid on 64.5% at Utah

Right, meaning he took a lot of snaps from the wing or slot, which he won’t be able to do in the pros. Imagine a rep between him and Michael Carter on third and eight. Is he shaking MCII? Does he hold a physical advantage against Quincy Williams? It’s a different world in there. I’d suggest that the fact Bowers didn’t primarily line up as a traditional TE hurts him, not helps him

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Small for what ?  Oh no not the mocks 😂

Only 44.7% of Bowers’ snaps were from what PFF categorizes as a tight end alignment, which would rank 168th out of 191 qualifying college tight ends, and far lower than other prospects who were categorized as “receiving-first” when entering the NFL. Kyle Pittsaligned as a tight end on 62.9% of his snaps, Dalton Kincaid on 64.5% at Utah and Sam LaPorta on 67% at Iowa (which makes sense given the Hawkeyes' recent offensive philosophy of 1 yard and a cloud of dust).

This can seem like a negative stat, and it would be for some prospects, but when watching Bowers and his role in the Georgia offense, it's more indicative of Bowers’ versatility, athleticism, skill and ability as a pure football player and Georgia’s general reliance on his ability to win from anywhere.Bowers is listed as a tight end and can align there, but he also can line up outside, in the slot, as a wing or even as a rusher in jet motion (he rushed for 193 yards and five touchdowns in college).

Bowers isn’t so much a tight end as an oversized slot player (818 of his snaps came from the slot during his college career, second-most among the 191 qualifying tight ends since 2019) and he is a true mismatch for the poor linebackers and safeties stuck guarding him:

Great.

Now who the **** takes a player at 10 to be their “slot” receiver?

Nobody!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I think this is why testing is extra important at TE. It’s harder to get opportunities in college than it is in the pros but being good enough to get significant opportunities in college just doesn’t give the same kind of targets sample it does at WR. That being the case, production isn’t quite as meaningful because you can’t really see someone be straight up dominant as easily.

Testing ends up giving an indication of how a guy might be able to get open at the pro level against better athletes. In Bowers’ case he’s a YAC guy. I don’t think he’s going to get YAC in the pros at 240 running a 4.67 but at a 4.47 maybe I buy it.

I think it’s weird that Bowers hasn’t tested yet, but I don’t know how much it matters in the end. He’s plenty athletic, but we’ve seen sooooooo many athletic TEs get to the pros and find out that the safeties and LBs they have to beat can comfortable stick with them. What makes LaPorta work is that he’s equally as dangerous blocking down as he is out in the route.