NFL Network fire Four TV Personalities

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I hear you. Siciliano is definitely pretentious and a wannabe Breer (also obscenely pretentious) but his Red Zone command was way better. Hanson doesn’t know the rules of football. And he does not stop talking.

to be fair I haven't heard AS on redzone, i just know him as the guy who pretends the Wednesday practice reports are cold war nuclear codes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

to be fair I haven't heard AS on redzone, i just know him as the guy who pretends the Wednesday practice reports are cold war nuclear codes.

His was good. Didn’t talk a lot. Didn’t pretend to not know a touchdown happened right before the switch. Just had a better command. I only had his version for a season though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I have no idea what to think or forecast about them selling out to espn. On one hand, espn is generally pretty ******* awful with all their fake drama and argumentative TV, but on the few occasions that they actually want to produce quality content, they're very good at it. 

GMFB with Kyle Brant, Peter Schrager, Jamie Eardahl and Jason Mccourty was very good; sometimes great; this past August to February. If nothing else, they're all clearly diehard football fans with great recall, so just having them talk knowledgeable football was good to have on TV. Other than that, there really was no draw to NFLN for me. 

Sedate Kyle Brandt and it would be decent. Jamie Erdahl is great. Swapping out Kay Adams for her was a win imo

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

Are guys insane?! What state do you live in.. Andrew comes across as the most disingenuous anchor i've seen since this side of 2000... if he could eat the CEO's sh*t through a straw on lunch, he would. 

I'd much rather have disney's Scott Hanson -- at least i know that guy wakes up with wood and a smile

I’ve never met a soul who likes the Dumbo ears Redzone more than Scott Hanson. Genuinely shocked there are multiple people in this thread who feel that way.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sir, we have some news. The NFL is effectively merging its media arm with ESPN, and they’re chopping costs to get the sale across the line. ESPN is such a garbage network, and it’ll be sad watching them run NFLN into the ground. 

IMG_5080.jpeg

The info is appreciated.  Thanks

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, KRL said:

Can you say "consolidation"???  The media landscape is going to be a bloodsport as networks

merge, there are fewer jobs and management wants to cut costs

Bloodsport? Sir are you advocating violence? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Paradis said:

Are guys insane?! What state do you live in.. Andrew comes across as the most disingenuous anchor i've seen since this side of 2000... if he could eat the CEO's sh*t through a straw on lunch, he would. 

I'd much rather have disney's Scott Hanson -- at least i know that guy wakes up with wood and a smile

Who gives a sheet. I could care less about these 'co-hosts and ex-players turned analysts.  It's not like its foregin diplomacy we're talking about.  Its a damn football game not rocket science. Maybe they will resurrect Dennis Miller.   But I dont think he would want to travel that path again.

DM.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Who gives a sheet. I could care less about these 'co-hosts and ex-players turned analysts.  It's not like its foregin diplomacy we're talking about.  Its a damn football game not rocket science. Maybe they will resurrect Dennis Miller.   But I dont think he would want to travel that path again.

DM.jpg

I've admittedly enjoyed the NFL's attempts to bring in oddball fits like Miller and Kornheiser 

• Upvote 2

The bar has ESPN on and it’s NFL Live and I just had to listen to Barnwell and Mina Kimes break down Caleb Williams and it was like two of the most insufferable nerds you’ve ever seen prattling on and on about their favorite Harry Potter character or some sh*t. I hate that the NFL Network has decided they’d rather have this than actual football talk for people who just like football. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The bar has ESPN on and it’s NFL Live and I just had to listen to Barnwell and Mina Kimes break down Caleb Williams and it was like two of the most insufferable nerds you’ve ever seen prattling on and on about their favorite Harry Potter character or some sh*t. I hate that the NFL Network has decided they’d rather have this than actual football talk for people who just like football. 

Did they bring up the 31 fumbles in 3 years?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Its disgusting. Annually.

I don't understand who the target audience is for this drivel, tbh. Pre-NFLN era, sure there was limited coverage on anything; Draft, Combine, Senior bowl, etc.. so I guess in some sense you wanted the network hype machine to tell what to get excited about... 

But in 2024, who the fck is watching that verbal masturbation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Its disgusting. Annually.

I don't understand who the target audience is for this drivel, tbh. Pre-NFLN era, sure there was limited coverage on anything; Draft, Combine, Senior bowl, etc.. so I guess in some sense you wanted the network hype machine to tell what to get excited about... 

But in 2024, who the fck is watching that verbal masturbation.

The best way to understand ESPN’s model is that they want to create an aesthetic that non-sports fans will watch with the sound off while they’re stuck in an elevator for 26 seconds at a clip. 

• Haha 2

Stark was okay, I did not mind Siciliano to be honest and he does good work in college ball announcing.   I have no idea who the other people are.

As for his ears, what are you people? A bunch of hit the wall 40 year old woman doing ick dating videos on tik tok?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The best way to understand ESPN’s model is that they want to create an aesthetic that non-sports fans will watch with the sound off while they’re stuck in an elevator for 26 seconds at a clip. 

ESPN should hire Mr. Kimball from Green Acres and Mr. Carlin from The Bob Newhart show, pair them together and  systematically drive their last 35 viewers to the nut house.😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah. Mina Kines isn't the problem, though.

She's a SYMPTOM 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:19 PM, Warfish said:

I don't mind an ex-player as one part of a 2 or 3 man booth for game broadcasts.  Brings some real world experience and knowledge, which is often good (albeit maybe not Romo-levels).

But for non-game Football Shows/Analysis Shows, no.  I'd prefer far fewer ex-players/ex-coaches.  Pipe dream tho, the future is a set with a half dozen of the loudest yellers with the loudest outfits that previous played in the league, lol.

and Syracuse grad transfers now that they have a recruiter at HC and know they may not go pro but having a Newhouse degree is a helluva thing

On 4/4/2024 at 9:56 AM, JetsFanatic said:

What’s going on at NFL Network? For a league that prints money why are they going cheap on their network?

I know someone who works for NFL Films.  They are super cheap, make them work ridiculous hours and don't quote me but she said no overtime.  But I'm sure that's a lot of companies.  The CEOs and owners don't like taking pay cuts themselves.