The chargers scare me

6 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

They just signed Ben Mason a bruising full back ( the factor back ) and two physical tight ends in dissly/ hurst. Gus Edwards and Isaiah Spiller are tough between the tackles rbs. I got a feeling they're now taking Alt on the Oline in the draft giving them one of the best young lines in the league. 

I really think with harbaugh and a powerful run game, that team can be awesome. 

I've always said Herbert is a transcendent talent and is a top 3 QB imo. 

I can easily see that team winning 12-14 games if they have a good draft. 

Apple or Android?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you want a guard.

EDIT: Looks like Fautanu doesn’t have short arms — I thought he was the OT who was being projected as a G but might have mixed him on with someone else.

actually its fauga with 33 1/4" arms... fauntanu has 34-1/2" arms hes a LT, RT or G. . the true AVT

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

actually its fauga with 33 1/4" arms... fauntanu has 34-1/2" arms hes a LT, RT or G. . the true AVT

AVT has 32.25 inch arms and is 6-4.5.  HE IS A GUARD.   He gets hurt playing T in the NFL.  Troy Fautanu has more flexibility to play T.  

If I am picking at 10 (and can't trade down), and I want to keep my job and win as many games as possible in 2024, I am picking Fautanu at 10 and best WR available at 72.    That gives the Jets Warren and Fautanu in the event of OT injuries and Schweitzer and Fautanu for G, also covering for AVT while he comes back.  There is also the option of picking an AVT replacement and not exercising AVT's 5th year option.  

What I am really doing is trading down, maybe getting a back up developmental T and IOL, as well as WR.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean that’s exactly how you beat Patrick Mahomes.

Maybe not up the middle every time but keep him off the field, 40 rushing attempts with a good YPC is the blue print (also can not settle for FG’s have to get it in the end zone).

I don't think the gameplan to beat Mahomes includes dumping your 2 best WRs and leaning on a 29 year old career backup RB. 

If the discussion was that the plan is to build a great defense/offensive line and become a great team in 2 to 3 years? Sure, these moves may make a TON of sense. But the OP was suggesting these moves will lead this team to 12-14 wins this year. That's just not going to happen with their talent pool unless they get REALLY lucky in the draft with the WRs they draft later in the draft (since they are using their 1st on an OT). 

35 5/8 arms........Mekhi Becton

33.5 arm length ,,,, Joe Thomas

Joe thomas:  "The combine arm length measurement is bullsh*t: total waste of time. Until guys are poking each other with their middle finger, it has nothing to do with how to block someone "

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They're a talented team (especially at QB) and they just added a great HC.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had a very good year.

Ah, they looked very good against the jets, yet still only won 5 games.. Herbert only missed handful of games. Maybe they win 8 games this yr

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

35 5/8 arms........Mekhi Becton

33.5 arm length ,,,, Joe Thomas

Joe thomas:  "The combine arm length measurement is bullsh*t: total waste of time. Until guys are poking each other with their middle finger, it has nothing to do with how to block someone "

So small hands on OL is a good thing?

1 hour ago, varjet said:

AVT has 32.25 inch arms and is 6-4.5.  HE IS A GUARD.   He gets hurt playing T in the NFL.  Troy Fautanu has more flexibility to play T.  

If I am picking at 10 (and can't trade down), and I want to keep my job and win as many games as possible in 2024, I am picking Fautanu at 10 and best WR available at 72.    That gives the Jets Warren and Fautanu in the event of OT injuries and Schweitzer and Fautanu for G, also covering for AVT while he comes back.  There is also the option of picking an AVT replacement and not exercising AVT's 5th year option.  

What I am really doing is trading down, maybe getting a back up developmental T and IOL, as well as WR.  

So, in other words, good luck in 2026. If we want to win in 2024, we don’t pick an offensive lineman at 10. We pick a playmaker. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ah, they looked very good against the jets, yet still only won 5 games.. Herbert only missed handful of games. Maybe they win 8 games this yr

They basically had a Robert Saleh level HC last year.  Harbaugh should make them a much tougher team instantly.

9 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

They just signed Ben Mason a bruising full back ( the factor back ) and two physical tight ends in dissly/ hurst. Gus Edwards and Isaiah Spiller are tough between the tackles rbs. I got a feeling they're now taking Alt on the Oline in the draft giving them one of the best young lines in the league. 

Doubt that, having a great draft, is fine but that team just lost those offense have a broke QB and no run game. What they going to do draft a great wr or RB you think they will do what as a starter? Do you think any of them even start?

Jet will win more games than them and we will be a much better team 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

In your dreams bud.

They are going to trade back with Minnesota for 11, 23, next years 1st and a 3rd.

Get the best Run mauling OL at 11, and a WR at 23, and grab Blake Corum possibly somewhere.

Herbert won’t need much help if they are averaging 4-5 yards per carry.  He will eat D’s up off PA to whoever is running free.

23 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean that’s exactly how you beat Patrick Mahomes.

Maybe not up the middle every time but keep him off the field, 40 rushing attempts with a good YPC is the blue print (also can not settle for FG’s have to get it in the end zone).

Raiders showed everyone how to beat the  Chiefs.   ( last team to beat Kc , at  Kc )   Raiders defense made life miserable for Mahomes all day.  Their defense ends ( M Crosby, and M Koonce ) were getting to Mahomes consistantly that they had to double team them each every play.  ( T Kelce had to stay in to help block the Des.  Their Dt’s ( Tyree Wilson and Adam Butler controlled rush up the middle where Mahomes couldn’t step up.   As great as Mahomes is you hit him enough,  and even him will start to wilt. 
With C Wilkins at Dt gives the Raiders defense a whole new problem for offenses now.    Chargers can try to run the ball and it’s not happening on the Raiders defense.   This Raider defense a Cb away from being the best defense in football . 

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2024 at 12:51 PM, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Ooooh GIF

image.png.ef19fced9f7520ce0d07f765694939f4.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders showed everyone how to beat the  Chiefs.   ( last team to beat Kc , at  Kc )   Raiders defense made life miserable for Mahomes all day.  Their defense ends ( M Crosby, and M Koonce ) were getting to Mahomes consistantly that they had to double team them each every play.  ( T Kelce had to stay in to help block the Des.  Their Dt’s ( Tyree Wilson and Adam Butler controlled rush up the middle where Mahomes couldn’t step up.   As great as Mahomes is you hit him enough,  and even him will start to wilt. 
With C Wilkins at Dt gives the Raiders defense a whole new problem for offenses now.    Chargers can try to run the ball and it’s not happening on the Raiders defense.   This Raider defense a Cb away from being the best defense in football . 

Well, if you're talking about having the best defense in football (in April) you're on the right forum! :D  

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/8/2024 at 1:30 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

True but priority for LT is always going to be pass pro.

Brick was a so-so run blocker too. If we can draft another Brick at #10, count me in. :-)  

Getting back to the OP, the Chargers should scare people.    Their coach just won the college national championship and he took his NFL team to the Super Bowl.  He knows what he is doing.  

13 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

E8D275AE-246E-451D-8D58-9AF5ABFAA0B2.gif

• Haha 1