Top 50 most miserable fanbases in All of Sports

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

At a quick glace I see the Denver Broncos at 33 and the Ohio State Buckeyes at 41.  An absolutely idiotic list!

Agree.  I also see ND up there.   I have been watching ND Football for many years.  They have a winning history, are always getting a great TV deal, bowl games and get polls in their favor.  Why are they up there ??? ND fans are not miserable at all. 

• Upvote 2

This is a really horrible list especially with the hockey teams they have listed. Detroit is 49 on the list yet won 3 Stanley cups between 1997-2002. Seattle is 50 and has been in the league for a whopping 3 years. Toronto, not on the list and one of the biggest markets in hockey, hasn't won the cup in like 57 years and isn't even on the list. I mean WTF? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Commence overanalysis of a completely arbitrary list of things on Twitter...

It’s June, lol.  We’re desperate.  You yourself were forced to post a thread about clothes just the other day due to the slow news cycle.  If ya got something better to talk about NFL-wise I’m all ears!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than these top whatever type polls are stupid, how are the Lions, Dolphins and Raiduhs not ahead of the Jets?  

It's most miserable, not the dumbest fanbase 😅

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 1:09 AM, Beerfish said:

Miserable in what way?  

I may be miserable but the vast majority of jets fans are very loyal, and endlessly optimistic.

Yes, endlessly optimistic until every single year at the time that the bottom falls out.  Be it in September, October, or November.  Year after year, the bottom falls out, and the optimistic Jets fan becomes the miserable Jets fan.  And then we go to the AFC Championship game in those wonderful years, when the Jets lose in the Mudbowl, or falls apart after leading 10-0 at halftime against Denver, or getting blown out in the first half by the Steelers, only to almost come back in the 2nd half, and not have enough to overcome at the end.  

Until the following year, where optimism flourishes again, until the bottom falls out again.

Will this year be different?  I gotta believe that this is the year.  Fingers crossed.  I will be at several games this year, but last year, I watched a pathetic home game against the lowly Patriots, where the Jets sucked big time, and lost.  Thankfully for me, that was the only game I attended last year.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s June, lol.  We’re desperate.  You yourself were forced to post a thread about clothes just the other day due to the slow news cycle.  If ya got something better to talk about NFL-wise I’m all ears!

Poor planning by NFL: a thing that actually happened.

Arbitrary list of things some random person pulled out his ass just to get a rise out of people: even less worthy of discussion than CLOTHES.

• Haha 1

Media: Jets fans are miserable

Me, Jets fan: <first thing in the morning checking tweets to see how much Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton are struggling in their respective camps, fantasizing about the inevitability of them being cut in a few weeks> Oh **** yes this is the best

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me, Jets fan: <first thing in the morning checking tweets to see how much Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton are struggling in their respective camps, fantasizing about the inevitability of them being cut in a few weeks> Oh **** yes this is the best

When you haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years, sometimes schadenfreude is all you have.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess we have no one to blame but ourselves on Becton. Carl Lawson Ragged dolled him on the reg in camp and we(least I did) thought, oh wow Lawson is just that good. Zach was literally a double black cat blip in the Matrix. Shame on anyone surprised at that one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/7/2024 at 1:09 AM, Beerfish said:

Miserable in what way?  

I may be miserable but the vast majority of jets fans are very loyal, and endlessly optimistic.

You can be in a bad, miserable marriage that ruins your whole life but still be faithful….

On 6/7/2024 at 8:32 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

weird that a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade and hasn't made a championship since we were still on a gold standard would have a miserable fan base. I wonder how that happens?

Wait til Aaron Rodgers gets hurt next September.  This place is gonna be hilarious 

Patriots should be number #1 on this list. We had to watch Mac Jones stand where Brady stood and it was mad annoying.

It’s tough being a Patriots fan. We lost an undefeated season to a helmet catch in one of the darkest days in American history. We lost a few more to Gronk injuries, and if Aaron Hernandez doesn’t get caught/do it, that’s easily two more to boot.

Its tough. Not sure you guys would understand having to hang tough with your team through the good times and the bad, like when the replacement refs ****ed us against the Ravens, or never scoring a TD in the 1st quarter of the Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Patriots should be number #1 on this list. We had to watch Mac Jones stand where Brady stood and it was mad annoying.

It’s tough being a Patriots fan. We lost an undefeated season to a helmet catch in one of the darkest days in American history. We lost a few more to Gronk injuries, and if Aaron Hernandez doesn’t get caught/do it, that’s easily two more to boot.

Its tough. Not sure you guys would understand having to hang tough with your team through the good times and the bad, like when the replacement refs ****ed us against the Ravens, or never scoring a TD in the 1st quarter of the Super Bowl.

Must have been tough, I don’t how you coped.

• Haha 2