Aaron Rodgers is sitting at the kids’ table because he’s got one championship. You don’t get to sit with Joe Montana and Tom Brady and multiple Super Bowl winners at the ‘Big Boy Table.’

3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mark Schelereth is running his gaping pie-hole again;

“Aaron Rogers (was) a four-time MVP – one Super Bowl. One.

The dynasty that never was. We called the Green Bay Packers the dynasty that never was.

If you invite the greatest quarterbacks of all time to dinner and it’s like Thanksgiving, and there’s one main table and then the kids’ table on the side – Aaron Rodgers is sitting at the kids’ table because he’s got one championship.

You don’t get to sit with Joe Montana and Tom Brady and multiple Super Bowl winners at the ‘Big Boy Table.’

I’m sorry. Until you find, and I don’t know what the criteria would be, but until you find a better criteria for judging guys.”

New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers Receives Yet Another Brutal Attack (si.com)

I guess Dan Marino has to serve the kids at the kids table, since he never won a Superbowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's hilarious that people feel honor-bound to go to the mattresses for a guy who a.) has a postseason winning percentage that's not quite as good as Donovan McNabb's, and b.) has played a total of four snaps for this franchise

It's pretty much the same thing as when Peter convinced The Bobs not to fire him.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's hilarious that people feel honor-bound to go to the mattresses for a guy who a.) has a postseason winning percentage that's not quite as good as Donovan McNabb's, and b.) has played a total of four snaps for this franchise

For real. He needs the  Clooney treatment big time.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I don't know about going to the mattresses, but I just think the ring culture stuff is out of control. 

Marino is still one of the best 2 or 3 passers I've ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

c. Is (very likely) going to run for this hills of Malibu after this season, leaving the Jets with a bunch of dead cap charges and no QB. 

or

d. Wins the Lombardi, retires and shares a spliff (very likely) with Jets fans in the swamps of Jersey

• Haha 1

Schlereth seems to have some unwarranted issues with the Jets.  He seems to go out of his way to trash us for really no reason.

Wasn’t he on some podcast years ago ripping us while wearing his Broncos helmet or something?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Schlereth seems to have some unwarranted issues with the Jets.  He seems to go out of his way to trash us for really no reason.

Wasn’t he on some podcast years ago ripping us while wearing his Broncos helmet or something?

C. T. E.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The biggest thing I don't get are Jets fans white knighting for Rodgers who has literally done nothing for this organization yet. He hasn't completed a pass. And the idea that he might contribute essentially nothing given his advanced age isn't at all unrealistic.

We're basically just sitting around hoping and praying for the best case scenario.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The biggest thing I don't get are Jets fans white knighting for Rodgers who has literally done nothing for this organization yet. He hasn't completed a pass. And the idea that he might contribute essentially nothing given his advanced age isn't at all unrealistic.

We're basically just sitting around hoping and praying for the best case scenario.

Just because Rodgers came to the Jets and got hurt 4 plays in, it doesn't change his career accomplishments prior to getting here. White knighting would defending what he's done as a Jet. This is a thread about his career. If you want to say he's hasn't had a great one and isn't one of the best passers ever, feel free to do so. But it should have nothing to do with his season last year where he got hurt 4 plays in. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

He got into it with jets fans on twitter 3 years ago after he criticized the Zach Wilson pick on McAfee and Barstool Sports.  His criticism of Zach wasn’t even that bad he was more critical of our management and implying Zach wasn’t set up for success 

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thank god Rodgers has Jets fans to defend his e-honor from sports commentators…

His resume speaks for itself. He doesn't need anyone to defend his records, lol.

23 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mark Schelereth is running his gaping pie-hole again;

“Aaron Rogers (was) a four-time MVP – one Super Bowl. One.

The dynasty that never was. We called the Green Bay Packers the dynasty that never was.

If you invite the greatest quarterbacks of all time to dinner and it’s like Thanksgiving, and there’s one main table and then the kids’ table on the side – Aaron Rodgers is sitting at the kids’ table because he’s got one championship.

You don’t get to sit with Joe Montana and Tom Brady and multiple Super Bowl winners at the ‘Big Boy Table.’

I’m sorry. Until you find, and I don’t know what the criteria would be, but until you find a better criteria for judging guys.”

New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers Receives Yet Another Brutal Attack (si.com)

didn't schlereth block for elllwway?  why didn't he mention elllwway sitting at the big boy table?  many top qb's have failed to win or even appear in a superbowl.  it's just that tough to do.  and it takes playing in a long and grueling season to even get into the playoffs.

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This opinion comes off as extremely disrespectful

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I mean he's not really wrong.

In the context of a "greatest quarterbacks of all time" conversation, Superbowl wins absolutely matter.  And Aaron Rodgers only having 1 is certainly a negative against him.  If he had multiple wins, he's probably in the top 5.  Instead, he's hovering somewhere around the #10 spot.

18 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is all true, and yet, has no bearing on the idiocy of ring counting as a means to rank QBs 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is all true, and yet, has no bearing on the idiocy of ring counting as a means to rank QBs 

At one time, this used to be a valid point.  Having strong defenses and running games were formulas to consistently winning championships.

But there have been so many rule changes that favor scoring points, particularly in the passing game.  Like it or not, it's all about the quarterback in this modern era of football.  Look no further than the shear domination of Brady and Mahomes for the past 25 years.  Combined they have won nearly half the Superbowls this century.

12 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I mean he's not really wrong.

In the context of a "greatest quarterbacks of all time" conversation, Superbowl wins absolutely matter.  And Aaron Rodgers only having 1 is certainly a negative against him.  If he had multiple wins, he's probably in the top 5.  Instead, he's hovering somewhere around the #10 spot.

So then the real question becomes how many seats at the adult table are there at this imaginary Thanksgiving dinner? If it’s less than 10 seems like a pretty sh*t party to be honest.

Also, seems like we’re not factoring in no shows. I mean it’s Thanksgiving, I’d imagine some of these guests would want to spend the holiday with their families. That’s a problem Rodgers (and Brady) doesn’t have, further increasing his chances of finding a seat at the main table.

Really the main takeaway here: Mark Schlereth’s Thanksgiving dinners must suck, which is extremely disappointing for a former offensive lineman.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

So then the real question becomes how many seats at the adult table are there at this imaginary Thanksgiving dinner? If it’s less than 10 seems like a pretty sh*t party to be honest.

Also, seems like we’re not factoring in no shows. I mean it’s Thanksgiving, I’d imagine some of these guests would want to spend the holiday with their families. That’s a problem Rodgers (and Brady) doesn’t have, further increasing his chances of finding a seat at the main table.

Really the main takeaway here: Mark Schlereth’s Thanksgiving dinners must suck, which is extremely disappointing for a former offensive lineman.

I mean it's an expression.  His point is that Rodgers is not in the upper echelon of "greatest of all time," and I think he's right.

11 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

At one time, this used to be a valid point.  Having strong defenses and running games were formulas to consistently winning championships.

But there have been so many rule changes that favor scoring points, particularly in the passing game.  Like it or not, it's all about the quarterback.  One only needs to look at the shear domination of Brady and Mahomes for the past 25 years.  Combined they have won nearly half the Superbowls this century.

even if I bought this argument (I don’t), the problem is that we are comparing QBs across all generations. Guys like Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Fouts, Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, etc., all played in eras where running games and defenses dominated. Hence, I’m not sure how your argument even helps.

Even guys like Brady and Manning played the first half of their respective careers in an era where dominant defenses won plenty of championships. Heck, Brady’s first three SB runs were all supported by a great defense.

and, even in more modern times, I think attributing all success to the QB is over the top. Last year, the Chiefs don’t win the SB without their elite defense. Mahomes was middle of the pack for most of the year.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

even if I bought this argument (I don’t), the problem is that we are comparing QBs across all generations. Guys like Montana, Marino, Elway, Fouts, Bradshaw, Staubach, Tarkenton, etc., all played in eras where running games and defenses dominated. Hence, I’m not sure how your argument even helps.

This is absolutely a fair point.

The "how many championships did he win?" factor needs to be applied differently to quarterbacks of different eras like Rodgers, Marino, and Tarkenton.

Nothing wrong with that.  This is all subjective anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

But there have been so many rule changes that favor scoring points, particularly in the passing game.  Like it or not, it's all about the quarterback in this modern era of football.  Look no further than the shear domination of Brady and Mahomes for the past 25 years.  Combined they have won nearly half the Superbowls this century.

Brady had a top 10 defense his pretty much his entire career. Compare that to Rodgers.

• Upvote 1