Former #6 overall pick signs with Tennessee Titans

56 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep, but I think @Gastineau Lives should just lean in to it whole hog and get a truly custom (>10 characters if needed) nameplate that says one of these, any of which would make it less embarrassing to wear in public:

- CHIRICO (RB2 during the '87 strike, wore #33)

SAFETYDANCE

- ODIOUSDOOSH

- LOCKEDOUTSIDE

ALL HATE ME

- COOK

4PICKSB4MAHOMES

- 1ST+1ST+3RD=LOLZ

or perhaps the most obvious...

- BEST'NTHENAYSH'N

There’s a Goodwill in Seattle that is willing to pay top dollar for it. In negotiations now.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There’s a Goodwill in Seattle that is willing to pay top dollar for it. In negotiations now.

"If you take that uniform off, ain't no one gonna know you were a Jamalpro buttsniffer. And that don't sit well with us. So I'm gonna give you a little something you can't take off."

image.png

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep, but I think @Gastineau Lives should just lean in to it whole hog and get a truly custom (>10 characters if needed) nameplate that says one of these, any of which would make it less embarrassing to wear in public:

- CHIRICO (RB2 during the '87 strike, wore #33)

SAFETYDANCE

- ODIOUSDOOSH

- LOCKEDOUTSIDE

ALL HATE ME

- COOK

4PICKSB4MAHOMES

- 1ST+1ST+3RD=LOLZ

or perhaps the most obvious...

- BEST'NTHENAYSH'N

We have a winner!:

BEST'NTHENAYSH'N

On 7/12/2024 at 4:24 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

The list is far longer than just those three, and included many who consistently laugh/laughed at the idea of trading any player (with trade value) for draft picks, but in fairness it was some time ago.

It wasn’t that much time but it’s worth noting that John Schneider traded two firsts plus for a safety in 2019 and remains employed as a NFL GM. Some goofballs were wrong on the internet, who cares.

43 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

It wasn’t that much time but it’s worth noting that John Schneider traded two firsts plus for a safety in 2019 and remains employed as a NFL GM. Some goofballs were wrong on the internet, who cares.

Schneider successfully hung that albatross around Carroll’s neck

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s embarrassing to think how recently @Pac claimed, adamantly, that Jamal Adams is a future HOFer.  

Amdrew Luck was headed for HOF career too before similar bad luck with injuries.  Difference is Jamal isn't quitting. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Could be behind the scenes it was really all on Carroll, even if nominally Schneider was the GM. I wouldn't now; I wasn't in the room. 

This was at least interesting, from two months ago:

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/15/pete-carroll-john-schneider-disagreed-on-jamal-adams-position/

It doesn't explicitly state the trade was all on Carroll - it was more about how disagreements on how Adams was to be used . So it doesn't say yeah it was only on Schneider on paper... after the order came in from Carroll to do whatever he had to do to make that trade, meeting any silly demands Douglas may have made. It seems the HC not the GM wore the pants out there, probably since Carroll was hired, and Schneider's hiring followed.

Schneider does seem like a goofball, though, but over time we'll see how he does without Carroll. 

On 7/13/2024 at 1:04 PM, Pac said:

Amdrew Luck was headed for HOF career too before similar bad luck with injuries.  Difference is Jamal isn't quitting. 

Jamal Adams, in 23 games from 2021-present:  

* 0 Sacks (on 67 blitz attempts)

* 0 Forced Fumbles

* 2 INTs

* 8 passes defended

* 77.4 % completions against

* 6 TDs allowed

* 16 Missed Tackles

HOF trajectory babyyyy

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/13/2024 at 2:22 PM, Matt39 said:

Remember when he was drafted and everyone defended it? And then you’d ask what he’s good at and you were told to shut up?

Adams is a great example of why you simply cannot draft/trade for players who require you to change your scheme in order to put them in position to do what they do best.  This usually comes up with offensive players but Adams epitomizes this on defense.

Hes excellent as a blitzer and in run support - great.  In order to take advantage of that you need to basically play him at LB but hes not a LB and then you lose a safety and your entire scheme is completely cooked.  The only way to really use him is in a 4-2-5 as a hybrid OLB who plays in the box, otherwise you have a safety who cant catch or cover.

One of the best trades in the last 10 years of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

Adams is a great example of why you simply cannot draft/trade for players who require you to change your scheme in order to put them in position to do what they do best.  This usually comes up with offensive players but Adams epitomizes this on defense.

Hes excellent as a blitzer and in run support - great.  In order to take advantage of that you need to basically play him at LB but hes not a LB and then you lose a safety and your entire scheme is completely cooked.  The only way to really use him is in a 4-2-5 as a hybrid OLB who plays in the box, otherwise you have a safety who cant catch or cover.

One of the best trades in the last 10 years of the NFL.

The Seahawks didn’t think they were changing anything.  They thought they were getting another Kam Chancellor and were resurrecting legion of boom

I’m always amazed at how the rest of the league overrates jets players and coaches sometimes even though the jets are thought of as a trash bin organization.  Mangini, Herm, Rex all immediately got head coaching jobs after bottoming out here.  Teams actually gave the jets something for Hackenberg and Zach Wilson.  Even Kellen Clemens had a long career as a backup even though he was a horrible quarterback 

• Upvote 2

I saw this dude on my flight home from Orlando to Newark this evening. He was flying coach, I said “whats up Jamal” and he acknowledged me lol. Guess he’s fallen on hard times that he got the league minimum now. And wtf is he doing back in this area? 

• Haha 2