One of the most overrated players in the league - NFL Personnel Evaluator

Good player. Not dynamic. Would think long about giving him a max level CB contract. Defense would be good with or without him. 

I agree.

Sauce is a cool kid seems genuine enough and a good player.

But currently not worth breaking the bank over.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The defense had their best game of the year with Sauce and Reed on the sidelines. 

What exactly qualifies that as their best game? If Jalen Hurts doesn’t throw that miserable pass and the Jets lose, is it still the defenses best game?

The defense was historically level bad without Sauce and Reed

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

What exactly qualifies that as their best game? If Jalen Hurts doesn’t throw that miserable pass and the Jets lose, is it still the defenses best game?

The defense was historically level bad without Sauce and Reed

They’re both good players. For a corner, I don’t know if he does enough to justify a major second contract to. He’s not a dynamic playmaker. 

In terms of Sauce Gardner, he's far too handsy and makes too many plays with his head turned to the guy he's covering, not the ball.  He's lucky, frankly, he hasn't been called for PI more, because he's pretty obvious in his PI as part of his game.

And he gets very few INT's for an elite Corner.  And so far he's not been glued to the opponents #1 WR all game, as the truly elite guys do.

I don't know about "most overrated", but I do, and continue to, think he is overrated by Jets Fans.

He's a very good cover corner who gets away with alot of sloppy handsy play, he's not an elite cornerback primarily because he does not generate elite turnover production.

I'm glad we have him, but I don't know if, when the time comes, he's going to be worth a historic-type contract offer.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In terms of Sauce Gardner, he's far too handsy and makes too many plays with his head turned to the guy he's covering, not the ball.  He's lucky, frankly, he hasn't been called for PI more, because he's pretty obvious in his PI as part of his game.

And he gets very few INT's for an elite Corner.

I don't know about "most overrated", but I do, and continue to, think he is overrated by Jets Fans.

He's a very good cover corner who gets away with alot of sloppy handsy play, he's not an elite cornerback primarily because he does not generate elite turnover production.

I'm glad we have him, but I don't know if, when the time comes, he's going to be worth a historic-type contract offer.

2 years in the league and 2 years as a 1st team all pro.

But you think hes not elite.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.  You could not make this stuff up if you tried.  Too funny.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

"You could call holding on him on every play" isn't much of an argument, since, they don't call holding on him on every play (or very much at all). 

If your star CB gets away with "holding" on every play, that's a good thing, not a bad thing!

A more meaningful grip with Sauce would be his relative lack of interceptions. 

Jealousy is a wasted emotion.

-Sauce

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

2 years in the league and 2 years as a 1st team all pro.

But you think hes not elite.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.  You could not make this stuff up if you tried.  Too funny.

Did you really feel repeating what I just said, but in a detail-less, simplistic manner, was really needed?

Pretty sure my post was VERY clear about how I view Sauce.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Every good player attracts these kinds of comments. As Saleh said, "if you ain't got no haters, you aren't poppin'" and that's true here. 

Do you think Sauce is collecting receipts, like his Coach did?