Week 1 looking a lot better for the Jets!

I've seen several of Rodgers' teams come out completely flat in recent memory and get blown out week one and then continue to go on to win the MVP.  Not the I expect that to happen, but it would not surprise me if we lose by double digits with the offense seeming "off" in week one, then continue to go on to be one of the better offenses in the league.

If that happens it will be very tiring to see the "Rodgers is washed" all over sports media for that week.

In 21' the Packers got smashed by the Saints 38-3 in game 1 and everyone was saying Rodgers was done.  He won the MVP that year.

• Upvote 1

Purdy will be fine. He has too much around him to not be good.

This will be a hard one for us any way you slice it.

On the Road and traveling far is always hard. I do think playing them Week 1 helps. Because sometimes teams don't look totally like themselves Week 1. So to play arguably our hardest opponent Week 1, IMO is the best case for us.

Still at the end of the day I think we lose this one. But it wont worry me. Because I think we go on a run after this game.

Not sure we have the LB crew speed wise and Ss good enough to stop CMC out of the backfield< Deebo in odd packages and Kittle.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I remember when Tippman had a few bad snaps and half the board blew a gasket.

There was concern.  No one "blew a gasket".  No one said to replace him.  That's you exaggerating again.  Your posts suck.  Your mission here is to belittle other Jets fans. Horrible motive. 

Simply, you are a weirdo.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brock Purdy threw three interceptions Monday in the team’s first padded practice and then threw four a day later.

Its happening jet fans!!!!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brock-purdy-on-training-camp-ints-now-is-the-time-to-experiment

Who cares you know how many he threw last year.,  Raiders joint practices he threw like four against the Raiders alone . Has no bearing what happens in training camp, to the regular season.   ( See Browning Nagle- look like the se cond coming of Joe Namath against vanilla defense, but looked like Zach Wilson in the regular season.  

It’s like starting major league pitching spring training time to work on things - new pitches .   It’s the same thing as NFL Qb as it’s a good way to test yourself.     Passes you wouldn’t even try to complete in the regular season, you more willing to gamble with in the preseason. ( especially when you already established as the teams starting Qb. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Who cares you know how many he threw last year.,  Raiders joint practices he threw like four against the Raiders alone . Has no bearing what happens in training camp, to the regular season.   ( See Browning Nagle- look like the se cond coming of Joe Namath against vanilla defense, but looked like Zach Wilson in the regular season.  

It’s like starting major league pitching spring training time to work on things - new pitches .   It’s the same thing as NFL Qb as it’s a good way to test yourself.     Passes you wouldn’t even try to complete in the regular season, you more willing to gamble with in the preseason. ( especially when you already established as the teams starting Qb. 

R-holic you never addressed my post in other thread about Raiders stinking ,,, they stink.  Like, real bad.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Brett Ratliff confirms this theory.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

R-holic you never addressed my post in other thread about Raiders stinking ,,, they stink.  Like, real bad.  

You’re entitle to your opinion.  When the season over you will be proven wrong .  That will be the time to  gloat.      Say whatever you want because it means very little now.   My opinion means very little too.   The results will speak for themselves.

This Raider defense has a chance to be the very best defense in all of football this year.   They have so many weapons on offense that’s going to be tough for any defense .  New system on offense just going to take a little time.    

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly.  This is all positive news for us.  Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise.

It’s meaningless news to us or anyone come Sept.  it’s a meaningless practice.  
I’m sure Joe Cool started his own “it’s happening” thread on the 49r board celebrating reports of a bad practice by the Jets offense the other day

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You’re entitle to your opinion.  When the season over you will be proven wrong .  That will be the time to  gloat.      Say whatever you want because it means very little now.   My opinion means very little too.   The results will speak for themselves.

This Raider defense has a chance to be the very best defense in all of football this year.   They have so many weapons on offense that’s going to be tough for any defense .  New system on offense just going to take a little time.    

You make a fair amount of good points but I still think RAiders stink sorry

• Haha 2

.... Aiden O'Connell holds the keys to your validation... All else is fluff.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s meaningless news to us or anyone come Sept.  it’s a meaningless practice.  
I’m sure Joe Cool started his own “it’s happening” thread on the 49r board celebrating reports of a bad practice by the Jets offense the other day

We dissect every play of Jet practice all summer but this news of 7 picks in 2 days is meaningless?

Makes total sense.

• Upvote 1

We dissect every play of Jet practice all summer but this news of 7 picks in 2 days is meaningless?
Makes total sense.
Were it August 28th I might experience a twinge of excitement.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Makes total sense.

Totally meaningless and makes 0 sense. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHA.  Ok.  I thought you had already sent the moving truck to the Tippman residence as he clearly just cant snap anymore and wont be on tis team very much longer.

Never commented on your man crush.  I don’t care about his one day, camp yips.  You do

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I know guys.  if we had a qb who threw 7 ints in 2 days we would not be worried or concerned at all.

Fact, I dont think there would be 1 comment on it.

It would all be sunshine and roses on jet nation.

It's absolutely a worthwhile discussion point.  

The QB we'll be playing against in week 1 is struggling in camp.  

It's probably a better  and more relevant discussion than most of what goes on around here this time of year.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

.... Aiden O'Connell holds the keys to your validation... All else is fluff.

PSA

This is an example of using the word "fluff" properly,  in a thread about the niners or the Raiders.

Using it in a Kay Adams' thread, not so much.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brock Purdy threw three interceptions Monday in the team’s first padded practice and then threw four a day later.

Its happening jet fans!!!!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brock-purdy-on-training-camp-ints-now-is-the-time-to-experiment

The Niners laugh at preseason; going 0-5 many years. I have seen them up close for 40 seasons. 

We gonna get thumped by 23. Let's hope Kinlaw is angry enough to care about the middle of the line.