Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year. What say you?

Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year  

79 members have voted

1. 1. This is simple. Do the Jets go Over or Under 9 1/2 wins in 2024

The optimistic jets fan side of me that believe this team will be mostly healthy believes an 11-12 win season is possible.

the pessimistic jets fan side of me says 8 wins and the team will have problems keeping these injury prone vets healthy. 

voted for 9.5. Will start the season with a positive mindset.

• Upvote 1

Simple question, no right or wrong answer.
FYI I placed my bet months ago and went the same way I have the past few years.
To say it’s been very profitable might be understating things a bit. The Jets have paid for golf trips to Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits to name a few.
phuc ve$@s!
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

The princess is beautiful from afar.  She has beautiful blond hair, blue eyes, and has a body that just wont quit.

As you get closer, you see the plastic surgery on her face, and the fact that she is wearing a straight jacket to hold in her fat.

Then, as she speaks to you, you realize that she is a miserable person, who only cares about herself.

Right now, the Jets are the equivalent of seeing that beautiful princess from afar.

When the games begin, we will begin to see the warts, and whether or not the older vets will stay healthy, or not.

Personally, I think the Jets really need a motivated Hassan Reddick.  They need his pass rush.  That is only my opinion.  Will the offensive line stay healthy?  We will see.

I believe that the Jets will win 10 games.  I would take the over at 9.5.

But there is nothing that is a given.  The Jets haven't won 10 games in a year since I can't remember when.  Taking the under is not crazy.  But at some point, the Jets will once again win 10 games in a season, and I have to believe that this is the year.

The optical illusion “The Young Girl—Old Woman” 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

What say I?

I'd say all the JN big optimists can now put their money where their mouths are, and bet the "obvious" over :) 

I voted under.   Of course, lol.

Despite some real optimism this could in fact be a very good team if everything goes perfectly, as of now I think we get close (9-8) but fall short, no playoffs sadly, and the current regime is thus released at seasons end (JD/Saleh).

I just can't presume/have faith that Rodgers and all the other short-deal and fragile key Vets will play all 17.  I think they may as a group be good for 2 more wins, hence 9-8 instead of 7-10, but any faltering/time missed by Rodgers especially, but also Williams, the O-line (the more likely), Hall or Wilson (less likely) will prove fatal.  I have no faith in Tyrod to be anything but a passing fancy if called upon before he gets hurt.  And I have less faith in many of our backups (the Gipson/Lazard types) than many here do.

So yeah, 9-8, voting under, would be happy and pleased to be proven wrong.  Just like every year the past decade plus.

The 2023 New York Jets won 7 games last year.  Are you saying that the 2024 New York Jets are 2 games better this year?

Even if Rodgers goes down, and Taylor is the guy, we are light years ahead of trotting Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle or whatever trash we ran out there last year.

That's not optimism, that is just reality.  

Of course, anything can happen, but 7 wins with the line issues and qb issues we had, there is reason to believe this could be a special year.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

8-9.

1. Depleted OL (post injuries)

2. QB roulette (see above)

3. Run stop on D (established pattern)

4. Incompetent coaching staff

Throw in a suspect WR corp aside from Wilson and, yeah, I’m betting on 8 wins also.  

5 hours ago, Claymation said:

@San Francisco

@Tennessee - Win

vs New England - Win

vs Denver - Win

vs Minnesota * - Win

vs Buffalo

@Pittsburgh - Win

@New England - win

vs Houston

@ Arizona

vs Indianapolis - win

vs Seattle - win

@Miami

@Jacksonville

vs Los Angeles - win

@Buffalo

vs Miami

Those are 9 games the Jets should win where they are clearly the better team. Split the other 8 and you get 12 wins.

Hey idiot 4 + 9 is 13 not 12.

What a nincompoop.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hawk said:

The 2023 New York Jets won 7 games last year.  Are you saying that the 2024 New York Jets are 2 games better this year?

Even if Rodgers goes down, and Taylor is the guy, we are light years ahead of trotting Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle or whatever trash we ran out there last year.

Of course, anything can happen, but 7 wins with the line issues and qb issues we had, there is reason to believe this could be a special year.

Got to admit, I always laugh a little when I write a somewhat extended, point by point, quite clear post, and someone replies "so are you saying..." as if what I was saying wasn't made pretty crystal clear in the very post they're quoting. :-k

I think you suss out what I am saying and why. 

You just disagree, which is cool.  It's not like the Jets are relying on my optimism to win games, lol.

8 hours ago, PS17 said:

Rodgers healthy = 10-12 wins

Rodgers not healthy = 6-8 wins 

This is close to the mark on Rodgers but keep in mind Tyrod Taylor while not a world beater in any stretch is way better than what we had at QB the last 10 + years. Rodgers would blow more teams out and have much better stats but Im not sure if it would mean a huge difference in wins and losses. I would say Rodgers would win 12 + and Tyrod 10 + simply because we have a great defense and running game 

• Upvote 1

This is the first Zach-less year of the Garrett, Sauce, Breece, JJ era.

Rodgers and OL health is most important aspect of this season.  If OL’s healthy and together for a decent stretch, I think people will be surprised how well they run the ball.

Honestly, my heart tells me the Jets will be able to kick the sh!t out of any team this year.  But my gut tells me our curse will tear its ugly head.

The fate of suck has to stop at some point.

Nobody truly knows what team they have in any real sense until Thanksgiving. If we get lucky with the injury bug I see 11-12 wins. I think the game in buffalo week 17 could be for the division or even home field.  Both teams are built in the trenches, have great QBs, and have similar identity. I think our defense should pull out a tight game. It wouldn't surprise me if we have to play buffalo again in the playoffs.... 

Whoever comes out on top will probably play KC or Cincy in the afc championship. Who knows at that point. I wouldn't bet against mahomes in the playoffs, but with a great defense anything can happen 

Should be a fun year 

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

What say I?

I'd say all the JN big optimists can now put their money where their mouths are, and bet the "obvious" over :) 

I voted under.   Of course, lol.

Despite some real optimism this could in fact be a very good team if everything goes perfectly, as of now I think we get close (9-8) but fall short, no playoffs sadly, and the current regime is thus released at seasons end (JD/Saleh).

I just can't presume/have faith that Rodgers and all the other short-deal and fragile key Vets will play all 17.  I think they may as a group be good for 2 more wins, hence 9-8 instead of 7-10, but any faltering/time missed by Rodgers especially, but also Williams, the O-line (the more likely), Hall or Wilson (less likely) will prove fatal.  I have no faith in Tyrod to be anything but a passing fancy if called upon before he gets hurt.  And I have less faith in many of our backups (the Gipson/Lazard types) than many here do.

So yeah, 9-8, voting under, would be happy and pleased to be proven wrong.  Just like every year the past decade plus.

I have a bit more faith that Rodgers/OL/Williams will stay relatively healthy than I normally would because I’m at my breaking point.  Something has to give.  This stupid team has to get lucky at some point.  We have farmed so much ridiculously humiliating karma this past decade it’s not even funny.

2BDF82D5-EE30-4020-A383-89FED101805C.gif.d381b0ccf0ac9f1241d382f20fc8542d.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Nobody truly knows what team they have in any real sense until Thanksgiving. If we get lucky with the injury bug I see 11-12 wins. I think the game in buffalo week 17 could be for the division or even home field.  Both teams are built in the trenches, have great QBs, and have similar identity. I think our defense should pull out a tight game. It wouldn't surprise me if we have to play buffalo again in the playoffs.... 

Whoever comes out on top will probably play KC or Cincy in the afc championship. Who knows at that point. I wouldn't bet against mahomes in the playoffs, but with a great defense anything can happen 

Should be a fun year 

We had KC on the ropes last year until the refs gave them a couple of bogus calls

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

16 hours ago, PS17 said:

Rodgers healthy = 10-12 wins

Rodgers not healthy = 6-8 wins 

Not having that information in advance is kind of the whole point of the line being where it is, no?

There is no betting line for “if Rodgers is healthy” and another for “if Rodgers misses most of the season again” — the whole point of a preseason spread is making the bettors predict which that’ll be.

In effect, placing a bet on the Jets’ O/U line is betting on “R-4”: how many games Rodgers plays in full, then subtract ~4 losses (give or take, depending which games he misses).

The question is: what’d you bet, armed only with the information you have today.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Hammer the sh*t out of that under (like last year) and break my winnings record (set by last year's under)🤗🤗 

All the Christmas presents last year were signed from JD 😏

I don't get how you could be a fan of a team and be excited about an under hitting for that team you root for. Take the sting off sure, but excited? 

3 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I have a bit more faith that Rodgers/OL/Williams will stay relatively healthy than I normally would because I’m at my breaking point.  Something has to give.  This stupid team has to get lucky at some point.  We have farmed so much ridiculously humiliating karma this past decade it’s not even funny.

2BDF82D5-EE30-4020-A383-89FED101805C.gif.d381b0ccf0ac9f1241d382f20fc8542d.gif

Helps that having a legitimate backup qb and backup 1st round ot if Smith or Rodgers have to miss a game or 2.

11 hours ago, hawk said:

There is an old saying in the NFL, teams dont get better, they get better QB play.  The Jets are going to get better QB play this season, one way or the other and that is easily worth 3-4 wins for this team.  Last year, if they Jets had any life at QB they beat the Falcons, Pats, Raiders w/ ease and probably beat the Chiefs.   They scored 10 points or less, 6 time last year!  6 times!!!  That is so hard to do, it almost impressive.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

There is an old saying in the NFL, teams dont get better, they get better QB play.  The Jets are going to get better QB play this season, one way or the other and that is easily worth 3-4 wins for this team.  Last year, if they Jets had any life at QB they beat the Falcons, Pats, Raiders w/ ease and probably beat the Chiefs.   They scored 10 points or less, 6 time last year!  6 times!!!  That is so hard to do, it almost impressive.

Almost

21 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

There is an old saying in the NFL, teams dont get better, they get better QB play.  The Jets are going to get better QB play this season, one way or the other and that is easily worth 3-4 wins for this team.

Not that we necessary need this but to further illustrate, just how bad of QB play the NY Jets had last season, this is the collective QB stats compared to the rest of the league;

59%, 3300 yards, 11 / 15 TD, 70.5 QBR, 65 sacks

Comp % - 31st in the NFL

TD - 32 in the NFL

INT - 10th most in the NFL

QBR - worst in the NFL

65 sacks 3rd worst in the NFL

Looking at the entire offense, collectively, the Jets scored the least amount of TD's in the entire NFL.

It's actually astonishing the Jets have won any games at all w/ that type of production on offense.  The Jets literally need Rodgers to be half of what he once was to win 10 games.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Not that we necessary need this but to further illustrate, just how bad of QB play the NY Jets had last season, this is the collective QB stats compared to the rest of the league;

59%, 3300 yards, 11 / 15 TD, 70.5 QBR, 65 sacks

Comp % - 31st in the NFL

TD - 32 in the NFL

INT - 10th most in the NFL

QBR - worst in the NFL

65 sacks 3rd worst in the NFL

Looking at the entire offense, collectively, the Jets scored the least amount of TD's in the entire NFL.

It's actually astonishing the Jets have won any games at all w/ that type of production on offense.  The Jets literally need Rodgers to be half of what he once was to win 10 games.

To piggy back off of this. The defense gets better by not being on the field as much. Less snaps should mean less pts given up and yards. As well as if we're playing with a lead teams having to throw more. Meaning possibly more sacks and INTs.

So the defense should be better as well. Just by the offense being vastly better. Especially since we will still be a run 1st team. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

To piggy back off of this. The defense gets better by not being on the field as much. Less snaps should mean less pts given up and yards. As well as if we're playing with a lead teams having to throw more. Meaning possibly more sacks and INTs.

So the defense should be better as well. Just by the offense being vastly better. Especially since we will still be a run 1st team. 

100%.  This defense is designed to protect leads.  

The other factor here and it's kind of wild to think about because he's so good but how much better can Breece Hall be w/ a QB who actually threatens a defense and a massively upgraded OL?  When the Jets are able to put G. Wil, Mike Wil and Lazard on the field together, they will have options across the LOS who can beat you long w/ a QB who can find them and deliver it on time and accurately and/or if they run it, they have strong willing blockers in the run game....it literally, changes everything.  

I get it, there are doubts about Rodgers age and coming off injury but I dont think he's suddenly going to make bad decisions and not have one of the strongest most accurate arms in all of the NFL.  He holds the best all time TD/INT ratio for a reason and I dont think he's lost that because he had a fluke injury last year.

• Upvote 1

This season will be entertaining no matter what happens ... Will either be utter joy watching dominant performances... Or utter hilarity reading this forum after incredible ineptitude leads the team to 6-11.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk