Should Jets Consider Mike White Reunion to Fill QB3 Role?

Mike White

Should the Jets be considering a reunion with quarterback Mike White?  As absurd as it may sound to some, we think the answer may be yes.

With Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor occupying the top two spots on their quarterback depth chart, there are some durability concerns.  Even if you feel current backups Andrew Peasley and Adrian Martinez have some potential, neither appear ready to step in and take live snaps in a real game.

After all of the injuries the Jets dealt with last season, they should be looking to reinforce every position on the roster with as many upgrades as possible.  With Mike White as their QB3, an upgrade is exactly what he would be.

So while he won’t make anyone forget Peyton Manning anytime soon, that doesn’t mean a player like White wouldn’t have any value to Gang Green if they needed him to step in for a game or two.

The post Should Jets Consider Mike White Reunion to Fill QB3 Role? appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He couldn't beat out Skylar Thompson. I'm not sure he's going to have many options.

Might have been a cap saving move though. I believe Mike White makes 8 mill a year. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

No he didn't.

Mike White signed a 2 year , $8,000,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including $3,420,000 signing bonus, $4,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,000,000.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/25272/mike-white

You might be right but reports were saying 2 years, 16 mill.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35851811/sources-dolphins-qb-mike-white-agree-2-year-16m-deal

1 minute ago, Barton said:

That said "up to." But at the end of the day it was 2 years, 8 mil.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40989247/source-dolphins-cut-mike-white-skylar-thompson-wins-qb2-job

"White, 29, signed a two-year deal worth $8 million with Miami last offseason and operated as the Dolphins' backup quarterback throughout the 2023 season."

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s pushing 30 and he just got beat out by Skylar Thompson 

The one thing an emergency QB must have is durability. 

god forbid it happens, but if the Jets have to go to a third QB he has to last more than 6 quarters

go with a young guy that can develop. 

This one. If the cry for a QB3 is that our top 2 aren't durable, bringing in a glass QB3 ain't it.

Anyone got ideas on different QB3? I'm not sure any current free agents strike my fancy, but maybe camp cuts will help.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Mr. Rogers said:

This one. If the cry for a QB3 is that our top 2 aren't durable, bringing in a glass QB3 ain't it.

Anyone got ideas on different QB3? I'm not sure any current free agents strike my fancy, but maybe camp cuts will help.

Iron man 💪💪💪

6396497273ee4.image.jpg

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1