National Enquirer -no wait!- Bleacher Report: "Jets in Dissaray"

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

9FFCC707-6A2F-4040-9DCF-0E9D8BE1655F.jpeg.979372d35d54501445af2c0bd328ff4c.jpeg

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

CLASSIC

Aidan…?

57 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Lost to the sands of time. I'm just glad I had the photo in my "insert existing attachment" folder.

51 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

LOL I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT AIDAN.

44 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Not the finest moment for our Cap'n

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If we make fun of the source we don't have to address the content of the story, most of which is common knowledge 

for years people have been bashing Jets reporters blaming the reporters for wanting clicks and being part of some anti Jets conspiracy 

meanwhile they are the worst team in Major sport  no playoffs for the last 13 plus years 

even this Joe D/Saleh Regime which gets so much praise hasn't even had a winning season and we're in year 5/6

lets be real the Jets aren't well run, the organization is somewhat a joke, Aaron Rodgers is WASHED the Vegas over under is 9.5 wins and everyone's expecting a Super Bowl.

does that just about cover it?

oh wait please delve into my character and resume so they can prove I'm an a$$hole 

same thing people did when I said Zach Wilson sucked before he got drafted

you can bash the source that doesn't change basic facts 

He is a Bills fan and I'm sorry anyone that comes up with lame ass scenarios that doesn't hold any weight I will hold them accountable.

Regarding the Jets who hurt you? Why is it always doom and gloom with you. The Jets are a loaded roster that took a bit of time to construct it's ok to be wrong.  Zach was not in my draft plans actually I always thought he was sh*te. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If we make fun of the source we don't have to address the content of the story, most of which is common knowledge 

for years people have been bashing Jets reporters blaming the reporters for wanting clicks and being part of some anti Jets conspiracy 

meanwhile they are the worst team in Major sport  no playoffs for the last 13 plus years 

even this Joe D/Saleh Regime which gets so much praise hasn't even had a winning season and we're in year 5/6

lets be real the Jets aren't well run, the organization is somewhat a joke, Aaron Rodgers is WASHED the Vegas over under is 9.5 wins and everyone's expecting a Super Bowl.

oh wait please delve into my character and resume so they can prove I'm an a$$hole 

I think the point is nothing is new and they are just rehashing crap that we already now. it's like when I wear a Jet's T shirt and somebody go's,"Jets suck!" I typically go,' No shit what was your first clue?" or if I'm hangry I go," So does your Mom!" 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Just for reference, the Bills went 17 years without making the playoffs. Now look at them.

20240829_105134.jpg

And look how long between playoff wins.

When you don’t win it’s because you’re in disarray.  Not because you just don’t have enough good players.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Jets handled it poorly two months ago. 

how’s Justin fields doing 

So 2 months ago, this was going to be super detrimental and meant everything to the season but now?  We're good!  You're special, Matt.  Never change.

Justin Fields is doing very well.  He's happy and healthy and probably, 3 weeks removed from taking over the starting job and leading the Steelers to the Super Bowl?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

It's one thing to say "they're in disarray" which appears not to be true.

Saying "the vibes are terrible" just feels like the complete antithesis of the truth. This team may underachieve but the vibes are good.

If the Jets start losing that's when we'll know if any real problems. If that happens you hope Rodgers will be the adult in the room. I can see Jets losing some close games like with SF etc. If team plays well but still loses we'll see. 

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Start with Vegas odds are meant to protect bets and aren’t an actual indicator of how many games they believe we’ll win.  
Then more of your usual, carrying on about who’s WASHED or whatever doom and gloom you dump here 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think the point is nothing is new and they are just rehashing crap that we already now. it's like when I wear a Jet's T shirt and somebody go's,"Jets suck!" I typically go,' No sh*t what was your first clue?" or if I'm hangry I go," So does your Mom!" 

yes we already know this - we aren't the target for this article it's for the fans of the other 31 teams who aren't invested in the Jets emotionally and like to go LOL Jets 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Start with Vegas odds protect bets aren’t an actual indicator of what they believe we’ll win.  
Then you can carry on about who’s WASHED or whatever doom and gloom you dump here

The AFC is stacked and the Jets don't know how to win football games. It's amazing watching people forget this every year only to be reminded 1 quarter into game 1 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just adding a bit of detail to this.  The Athletic article he cites is here (nyt link is more accessible) https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5629974/2024/08/29/nfl-agent-survey-best-worst-franchises-patrick-mahomes-dak-prescott/

So moving down to the part about the Jets we get this:

That 'vibe' comment they are referring to is this:  https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5573310/2024/06/20/jets-approach-costs-rodgers-saleh-douglas/ which is dated 6/20.  

So the article they released today is referencing comments made over two months ago. 

And that, my friends, is reason #40198 why there is no sports media site worth paying a single cent to subscribe to.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why Santa Claus has never been gored by a bull with all that red he wears!

Just now, bitonti said:

yes we already know this - we aren't the target for this article it's for the fans of the other 31 teams who aren't invested in the Jets emotionally and like to go LOL Jets 

The AFC is stacked and the Jets don't know how to win football games. It's amazing watching people forget this every year only to be reminded 1 quarter into game 1 

I like your hair way better than Gastineau's. Just saying. 

• Haha 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

I like your hair way better than Gastineau's. Just saying. 

there's no need to rob peter to pay paul 

let's just say Gastineau and I both have majestic hair and leave it at that 

Colorado Rockies Hair GIF by MLB

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You have lost a hair off your fastball mate.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Even Matt thinks this is garbage!  If you lose Matt on stuff like this, you've lost the war.

Jets fans and the team are fully bought in.  It's like were all on the same acid trip at the same time.  That big gumball behind us couldn't possibly be the cops.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there's no need to rob peter to pay paul 

let's just say Gastineau and I both have majestic hair and leave it at that 

Colorado Rockies Hair GIF by MLB

I'm ok with that but I just like yours better. So silky and luxurious looking. Gastineau's looks like Baby Crushers mullet when he was 2.

26DE9D79-02F7-4080-AC50-FEFE2EFBFD78.jpeg

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I mean they won 7 games last year with no OLine or QB. Now we have an all time great QB and beefed up OLine I think I they are ready to win some games? But if you’re not excited about this team I don’t know if you’ll ever be excited about a Jets team?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2