New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Typically when you bring on a player you expect them to play. Reddick has made it clear he doesn’t plan on doing that. 

Well... JD decided to retain his rights for a year, knowing he can at least get 6 games to close the year for the equivalent of a 5th rd pick, and recouping the pick used when he leaves in FA. Worth the rental 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

Well... JD decided to retain his rights for a year, knowing he can at least get 6 games to close the year for the equivalent of a 5th rd pick, and recouping the pick used when he leaves in FA. Worth the rental 

I really hope that wasn't his calculation.  

If he didn't expect the guy to show up then he should not have traded for him.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure it wasn't the end goal... just worst case scenario, which seemed highly unlikely and making no sense, based on Reddicks presser alone. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Typically when you bring on a player you expect them to play. Reddick has made it clear he doesn’t plan on doing that. 

Again, The question was stating... if you made this at the trade deadline versus now it would be viewed as a success and right now its viewed as a failure... but either way they will get the same production from him.

Same target, same finish.. same cost...

just 2 different views... Optics are bad but I love the stance that JD is making... No single player is going to force his hand.

JD has paid the guys worth paying... Quinnen, Quincy, and now MC2... all basically home grown... Next will be Garrett and Sauce...

Besides a situational pass rusher is there another talent that this team has let get away that they should have paid?

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

It would only take JD 3 minutes to spin trading Reddick after saying he would not.  

After Reddick had his hissy fit about being wanting to be traded any GM that wanted him would have called JD anyway to see what is up. 

Presumably there wasn’t much of a market for him when Howie was shopping him considering what JD got him for. 

The market has been set. The league has spoken. 

Reddick will only kill his career if he misses more than one game.  There is no coming back from that. There obviously is no GM out there laying in the weeds hoping to give him 3/75 because he would have just beaten JD with Howie originally.  

It’s obviously possible that he goes full L’eveon Bell but I think he’s just morbidly hoping something bad happens Monday night.  

If this goes through Wednesday of next week then Reddick and his agent will be the next cautionary tale and the saying will become “never go full Reddick”

In a way, He is rooting for Jets failure... this is a terrible look for the player and  with the culture JD spent years making in the locker room this does not seem like a player to give a long term contract to...

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I love the stance that JD is making... No single player is going to force his hand.

JD has paid the guys worth paying... Quinnen, Quincy, and now MC2... all basically home grown... Next will be Garrett and Sauce...

And more than those 2! This whole situation is hardly the disaster some want to paint it as... bc it would be way worse if JD had caved and given this guy a ridiculous deal at gunpoint, who never even did a thing for this team. This will have the many agents waiting in line thinking twice about negotiation tactics. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Biggs said:

Why is it a scumbag move?  He’s not playing football for the Jets and the Jets aren’t paying him to not play football for the Jets.  Seems amazingly reasonable.

You realize he is under contract and when you are under contract you are expected to report. If you do not report you face heavy fines for the offseason program and training camp and you do not receive game checks during the regular season. Problem here is the Jets let him know from the beginning if you want a new contract show up and we will negotiate Im sure when we gave up a number 3 draft pick he agreed to these terms and figured it would be better to try and force the situation thinking the Jets were desparate for his services and he figured wrong as did his agents.

Now this seems to be based on pride and not to have egg on his face he continues to play this stupid game losing money in the process. He chose the scumbag route thinking he had the leverage and unfortunately for him he has no leverage. If the Jets pass rush does well Monday night hes going to be in an even bigger world of hurt and the Jets own him for 2 years so he better start ro rethink whats going on because if McDonald goes off the Jets will not trade Reddick for anything less than a 3rd possibly a 4th and if no one offeres anything then whats he gonna do ? The guy is a scum bag his agents are scumbags and I hope we get 10 sacks on Monday night just to laugh in his stupid ******* face.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Again, The question was stating... if you made this at the trade deadline versus now it would be viewed as a success and right now its viewed as a failure... but either way they will get the same production from him.

Same target, same finish.. same cost...

just 2 different views... Optics are bad but I love the stance that JD is making... No single player is going to force his hand.

Besides a situational pass rusher is there another talent that this team has let get away that they should have paid?

Im starting to wonder about this guys health wanting guaranteed money before even stepping on the field for us. Instead we get some bullsh*t abbreviated workout video and thats supposed to push the Jets hand . This guy is a clown and for reasons you mentioned in other posts I ddon't want him anywhere near our young players TBH

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Im sure Reddick said he would show if he said he would hold out no way in hell JD would have signed him 

If in fact Reddick holds out the entire year the best he can possibly hope for is a one year prove it deal while also losing an entire season . Guy is as dumb as a rock because he could have acccomplished that 14 mil richer by just playing out the year. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If in fact Reddick holds out the entire year the best he can possibly hope for is a one year prove it deal while also losing an entire season . Guy is as dumb as a rock because he could have acccomplished that 14 mil richer by just playing out the year. 

He could easily been $20 million better off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

But you can also imagine...

Purdy sitting comfortable in the pocket while picking apart the Jets with Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle and McCaffery.   What happens then to Joe's, I won't even talk to him unless he's here, stand?  

That's a big assumption.

Trent Williams will neutralize one of the pass rushers, but QW should have his way with the interior OL. If they choose double him, which they probably will. That should leave McGriddle or JJII on McKivitz & Kinlaw with a chip on his shoulder against a rookie. Reddick is an excellent player, however the Jets aren't hopeless with what they have.

They also have the best 3 CBs in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

That's a big assumption.

Trent Williams will neutralize one of the pass rushers, but QW should have his way with the interior OL. If they choose double him, which they probably will. That should leave McGriddle or JJII on McKivitz & Kinlaw with a chip on his shoulder against a rookie. Reddick is an excellent player, however the Jets aren't hopeless with what they have.

They also have the best 3 CBs in the NFL. 

We'll see.  I hope you're right.    I'm not saying this will happen or the Jets D isn't good...but we're playing a top 5 team in the league with weapons everywhere and we're missing one of our best defenders.  In a year like this it's just frustrating they couldn't work it out.

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets GM says he has not spoken to him since April 1 (as per ESPN just now)

That, to me, is the most ridiculous part of this whole thing. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Reddick refuses to play for the Jets at all at this point

And the Jets won’t hold his rights hostage next year either, if that’s the case.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t surprise me if Reddick refuses to play for the Jets at all at this point
And the Jets won’t hold his rights hostage next year either, if that’s the case.
If it gets to that point ... The Jets absolutely will hold his rights .. JD spent draft capital on this debacle he's not letting him walk for free.

If what you think will happen .. happens ... jD will wait patiently for a trade partner.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If it gets to that point ... The Jets absolutely will hold his rights .. JD spent draft capital on this debacle he's not letting him walk for free.

If what you think will happen .. happens ... jD will wait patiently for a trade partner.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If he sits out the season and his stance is he will never play for the Jets, they will trade him for whatever they can get. And he will get a crappy deal with some other team.

• Sympathy 1

On 9/5/2024 at 5:20 PM, Jack Straw said:

Reddick even being on the roster prevents the Jets from using any of their cap space for this season. If they did, Reddick can simply show up and blow the cap up.

The Jets spent $15 million acquiring a player who won’t play. That is $15 million they could have spent on someone who could play in 2024.

Yes, they get credit for that space for next season but who gives a sh*t when you’re trying to win a Super Bowl now.

We can afford a player without Reddicks cap space.  Until it’s an issue, it’s not

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets GM says he has not spoken to him since April 1 (as per ESPN just now)

That, to me, is the most ridiculous part of this whole thing. 

It suggests Douglas feels he has major leverage and views Reddick more as a luxury than a necessity 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Here’s the clip from early this morning. It’s pure speculation.  Not a scoop at all.

I'm so done with this sh*t show.  I've expressed my desire to tell Reddick to go **** himself in multiple replies on this thread and others.  Could he make a difference? Yes.  Is it worth the ******* agony and the total disrespect for his teammates? No.  Hey Reddick, Make up your ******* mind or catch a bus to ****off town.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Here’s the clip from early this morning. It’s pure speculation.  Not a scoop at all.

1. I can’t remember the last time Michael Lombardi was right about anything, so I’m not holding my breath.

2. If this is true I think this just begins his “hold-in.”

3. Again, if this true, it sounds like Tory Dandy is trying to distance himself from this absolutely illogical and head scratching decision.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1. I can’t remember the last time Michael Lombardi was right about anything, so I’m not holding my breath.

3. Again, if this true, it sounds like Tory Dandy is trying to distance himself from this absolutely illogical decision.

I have speculated a few times that Reddick might be going against the advice of his agents on this one. It just hasn't made much sense.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'm so done with this sh*t show.  I've expressed my desire to tell Reddick to go **** himself in multiple replies on this thread and others.  Could he make a difference? Yes.  Is it worth the ******* agony and the total disrespect for his teammates? No.  Hey Reddick, Make up your ******* mind or catch a bus to ****off town.

What agony for his teammates?

They don’t know him, he sat out summer camp, and it cost him millions.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

What agony for his teammates?

They don’t know him, he sat out summer camp, and it cost him millions.

I should have replied differently but honestly i'm on my 2nd 3 finger rocks glass of Casamigos.Anjeho.  What I meant was the agony of the fans.  my bad.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

3. Again, if this true, it sounds like Tory Dandy is trying to distance himself from this absolutely illogical decision.

He goes for a hold in they should release him on the spot and pay him nothing I dont want this POS anywhere near this team if he tries to get cute like that. The Jets can also put him up for a trade and make it public how many teams are will to deal with this pile of sh*t. Would be very interesting to see how many teams step up to trade for him 

• Upvote 1