Reddick Tomorrow

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, but you posted something on a public forum on which we share opinion.  You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I am surely entitled to publicly disagree.

Absolutely, wasn't implying otherwise.

But your "public disagreement" has zero influence, on what I said.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hmm surprising. Not sure if true but I would think Joe would not let him dress for the game . He is big on culture and being team first. I would be surprised to see him out there after missing everything and having a  guy who gave it their all get cut days before the game 

There is no team first.  The NFL is a league that generates all of the revenue that the teams share.  That revenue is what pays the players.  The players share in the revenue the league generates. 

The entire point of the NFL pushing fantasy football and legalized gambling, along with shared revenue and a percentage to the players is to dilute the need to generate loyalty to team.  It’s loyalty to the shield, 32 teams.  It makes no difference to the players which team they play for.  They are trying to maximize performances based pay as an NFL player.   

It makes less and less difference to the fans who are now involved in fantasy football and legalized gambling.  The team loyalty is becoming less of a factor for players and fans.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm still not convinced.

Lombardi is the first person I've heard about, that seems to have actually had some communication, with people inside of Reddick's inner circle.

I don't think Lombardi would make those kind of assertions on video, if it wasn't true.

I listened to Lombardi's video a few times & he said he's "been told reliably, by people inside Reddick's camp" that he'll come in either sometime today (which is now yesterday) or tomorrow (which is today) and he stated that those people are & have been, pretty frustrated with Reddick's stubbornness (in not so many words) of not being willing to come in - basically telling him he had to come in and report to the team, to try & get something done and it sounded like they've been telling him this, for quite a while now.

Assuming that's true, that shines some light onto Reddick, as being the real problem and not his agents.

Point being, Reddick hasn't been listening to them all along and he may very well choose, to continue not listening to them.

I agree with a lot of others here, at this point, I'm really hoping he doesn't show up, he deserves nothing from this team. I'm also concerned that he will be completely toxic inside the locker room. The good thing is, we have a boatload of veteran leadership in the locker room, that I feel will be able to keep his negativity in check.

We'll see what - if anything, happens today.

What negativity?  I suspect the players would like Reddick to get paid as much as possible and many probably hate the leverage the teams hold on players.  Don’t be shocked if they welcome him with open arms and see him in a completely different light than you do.  Especially the veterans, many of whom are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the attitude I can't agree with anymore.   It's not your money.  The days of loyalty to team are long gone (barring a small handful of players) now it's about building a winner.

I don't care about the past, if he can help this team win then I want him on the field.

(To be clear, I used to have similar sentiments so I get it but I think as I've gotten older all I want to see is a winner - watching teams win SB's with wife abusers, rapists etc - while the Jets are sitting home on their morals and taking stands)

(To be clear, I used to have similar sentiments so I get it but I think as I've gotten older all I want to see is a winner - watching teams win SB's with wife abusers, rapists etc - while the Jets are sitting home on their morals and taking stands)

While I definitely want to see the Jets win a SB, I don't think I could root for guys like that (nor would I want to).  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

What negativity?  I suspect the players would like Reddick to get paid as much as possible and many probably hate the leverage the teams hold on players.  Don’t be shocked if they welcome him with open arms and see him in a completely different light than you do.  Especially the veterans, many of whom are in the same boat.

Mute point now @Biggs

Reddick's agent just came out with a post on "X" that @shuler82 posted & said Lombardi's report was totally false.

I don't have an "X" account, when I tried to read Dandy's X post, in the link that was posted, it said his posts are protected.....go figure.

What I said, about Reddick's negativity, was based on what Lombardi had reported about Reddick not listening to his representation and not reporting the team, as he was advised to.

Lombradi made it sound as if Reddick was being pushed to report to the team, somewhat against his will - at least that's how I interpreted it.

With that in mind, someone who's doing something against their will to some degree, probably won't be very happy about it.

Pretty strange to me that Lombardi would fabricate a report and go on the record, making claims he talked to people inside of Reddick's camp, if he hadn't.

Or, Reddick's agent is full of it......you decide.

Either way, I'm good if Reddick continues to sit out, we don't need him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the attitude I can't agree with anymore.   It's not your money.  The days of loyalty to team are long gone (barring a small handful of players) now it's about building a winner.

I don't care about the past, if he can help this team win then I want him on the field.

WTF are you talking about Money ??? This is not about the money for the Jets this is about this moron being a toxic presence we do not need. I would cut his ass right now and **** the 3rtd round pick this pile of sh*t deserves nothing at this point

I posted this in the other thread (mods please merge?)

If true now is the time for BOTH the Jets and Reddick to work hard to ensure that he has the very best audition for his next contract by knocking it out of the park in this season..... for the NY Jets !!!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mute point now @Biggs

Reddick's agent just came out with a post on "X" that @shuler82 posted & said Lombardi's report was totally false.

I don't have an "X" account, when I tried to read Dandy's X post, in the link that was posted, it said his posts are protected.....go figure.

What I said, about Reddick's negativity, was based on what Lombardi had reported about Reddick not listening to his representation and not reporting the team, as he was advised to.

Lombradi made it sound as if Reddick was being pushed to report to the team, somewhat against his will - at least that's how I interpreted it.

Pretty strange to me that Lombardi would fabricate a report and go on the record, making claims he talked to people inside of Reddick's camp, when he hadn't.

Or, Reddick's agent is full of it......you decide.

Either way, I'm good if Reddick continues to sit out, we don't need him.

100%

i do think it comes down to his representatives. even if it at this point they want him to go on...they are the ones who planted to poison in his mind so **** them.

if you look at tory dandy's client list, he represents all of the diva receivers who have gotten paid recently, and that's what he probably expected here. someone should tell him that last year big Bob beat the undefeated eagles with Zach Wilson at QB and without a single starting corner....this team does not need his client to win games.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Shows on the Saturday before the first game, knowing he can’t play but requiring the Jets to cut someone (probably a D-lineman who would have been active for this game). So he gets in one last shot to hurt the team before he gets his game check and the rest of the season is guaranteed because he’s on the game one roster. Hard as I’ve tried to stay objective and realize that the NFL is a business, I’m really starting to dislike this guy.

Not entirely sure of all the rules.  It's possible the Jets can place him on some sort of list allowing him to report, get in shape, before placing him on the 53. Again, not entirely sure.

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Jets might apply to the league for a 1-week roster exemption for him. I've seen them granted in similar circumstances.

Agree it would suck if he turns up today and we have to cut someone to accommodate a guy who isn't going to play this week.

I did not know that that might be an option … good info, thank you. Hope that’s how it plays out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Not entirely sure of all the rules.  It's possible the Jets can place him on some sort of list allowing him to report, get in shape, before placing him on the 53. Again, not entirely sure.

You may be right about there being an option to keep in off the 53 for this week … see post from @mrcoops above

59 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

WTF are you talking about Money ??? This is not about the money for the Jets this is about this moron being a toxic presence we do not need. I would cut his ass right now and **** the 3rtd round pick this pile of sh*t deserves nothing at this point

Exactly.

The point is you're clearly taking this personally, and you have every right to do so. 

I am not.  This is a business to them and there's nothing wrong with that.  I am a fan of the NY Jets and want them to field the best team possible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While I definitely want to see the Jets win a SB, I don't think I could root for guys like that (nor would I want to).  

Yeah, the rapist, women abuse issues are far tougher than the hold out situations.  I honestly don't care in the least anymore about these guys fighting for every penny they can get.

But watching guys like Big Ben and Tyreek Hill being adored and win championships and get massive contracts does make you me have to question whether or not I would want them on the Jets.  I can say I was excited when the Jets were pursuing Hill (Maybe I shouldn't have been)

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am sure this has be covered a million times but if he comes in, plays the season and then is lost via free agency do the Jets get a 3rd round compensatory pick from the NFL?

Yes, assuming they lose more players than they bring in during FA next offseason (which seems likely but who knows) and also assuming he signs for a qualifying number (I think it's around $20M+).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, the rapist, women abuse issues are far tougher than the hold out situations.  I honestly don't care in the least anymore about these guys fighting for every penny they can get.

But watching guys like Big Ben and Tyreek Hill being adored and win championships and get massive contracts does make you me have to question whether or not I would want them on the Jets.  I can say I was excited when the Jets were pursuing Hill (Maybe I shouldn't have been)

I wanted nothing to do with Tyreek.  I was glad we didn't get him.  Ultimately we ended up with GW anyway.  He's no Tyreek but he's really good and still on the way up.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I with you there. I get that the NFL is a business, and that owners, TV execs, and nearly everyone involved is rolling in the money. So I don’t begrudge the players, who make the whole thing go, can have their careers end in an instant, and who are risking their future health and wellness, from doing everything they can to get as big a piece of the pie possible. And I also am rooting for the Jets to field the best team possible (although I DID have a hard time embracing the Michael Vick experiment given his past), and am not one of those who think a rookie UDFA or reclamation experiment can give us what Reddick would. So I want him on the team, and I get why he tried to get more money (the apparent stupidity of how he did it notwithstanding), and why he’d want to show up to collect his game check and guarantee his salary for the season.

What I am having a hard time with now would be him choosing the one window of time to show up that might screw the team for their week one game roster decisions. Obviously, we don’t know if this report is true or not, but if he does show today it might (unless their is an exemption the Jets can use for him) mean a player they need to replace him this week gets cut … leaving them short at DE. I could be mistaken about that — maybe one of the DEs would have been inactive anyway (probably Watts), and Reddick just takes his place in street cloths on the sideline. But it seems like he is choosing to intentionally hurt the team, and giving a big F-you to his teammates otherwise. Show up last Monday or Tuesday so you can suit up, or just wait … doing it this way is just unnecessarily being a dick.

• Upvote 1