***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Williams hurt again?? I just walked away from the TV for a moment to check tomorrow's workload. 

And the only reason I'm watching this game hobbled off the field a few minutes ago. I needed Nacua to drop 20 for very important FF purposes...

Looked like a scary leg injury for a sec but he was standing on the sidelines a few plays later - may have dodged a bullet there!

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Next time I break my hand ...I'll go to the 'thigh doctor' emoji102.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sir. That’s the inventor of the thigh dance to you. Show proper respect 🫡 lol 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Weird observation... I haven't had a drop of EtOH since before Christmas, and I find that without it, there are some things that are just boring. Watching non-Jets Football is apparently one of those things....

Is this alcohol?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hawk said:

Will Peyton stick with Nix if he can't get it going?  He looks awful.

Post and probably his best play.  Lol

Payton will give Nix 6 more quarters. If he doesn't improve by halftime of Week 3 against the Buccaneers than in comes Stidley. Next week's game for the Broncos does not look like a picnic either, the Broncos are play the Steelers. And the Steelers defense is lookin Mighty Mean !

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I love watching the lions play. Smash mouth football.

They remind me a little of the 2009-2010 Jets. It was a lot of fun having an offensive line that pushed people around every week. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Nix should have 3 interceptions already.  

Yup there were a few beauties that Nix Air Mailed straight into the hands of Seahawk DBs. They were "Shock Drops". They could not believe the ball was thrown to them and went Butterfingers. But Nix did settle down later on in the game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Between Laken giving up a safety already, and George Fant’s “won’t return; knee injury” status for the Seahawks, I don’t understand Seattles strategy of signing ex-Jet offensive lineman.

Actually it was the Jets that signed the ex-Seahawk offensive lineman. Fant got his start in the NFL with the Seahawks in 2016.

Fant has just hit the point in his career where he gets injured almost every year. This year he went out in the 1st Quarter of Week 1.

• Upvote 1

• David Montgomery is looking like the truth in DET.  Gotta keep feeding him the ball when you need tough ground yards.  Definitely hoping Braelon Allen can be that guy here.
  • Is it too early to call Bryce Young a complete bust?
  • Stroud on the other hand, looks like he's picking right up where he left off.  
  • We are sending the Panthers and Giants to represent the NFL in Germany.  Do we still hate them that much?
  • A nice big F-U to the Jags and Cardinals for completely folding in the 4th quarter of their games.  

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

In Payton’s mind, Zach isn’t even good enough to backup Nix

Gameday inactive 🤣

Bwaaa Haaa Haaaaaaa

You guys should really stop to take a critical look at yourselves

One half of the Jet Fanbase is crying tears for fear of losing their football game tomorrow night and being left in the Cellar of the AFC East a game which they haven't even played yet while the other half is talking sh!t about a player they shipped out 5 months ago.

Talk about a collection of neurotics you guys take the cake !

You have no idea what's going on in Denver or what the situation is with Zach.

Zach was designated Inactive with the Emergency Quarterback Designation. Meaning that he dressed for the game and could have enter the game if he was called upon by Sean Payton to do so. Payton will do everything in his power to avoid throwing Zach into the lurch unprepared unlike what happened with the Jets under Saleh.

Zach will play this year and you can take that to the bank. Prior to this weekend the feeling was it would be sometime around around Mid-Season. Even after Nix gets pulled, if he gets pulled, Stidley will be up next.

So Namath's Fur Coat why aren't you so focused on what going to happen Monday Night ? Because there are a considerable number of Jet Fans expressing a considerable amount of anxiety about the outcome of that game.

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

There were 3 rookie QB starters today, Williams on Bears, Daniels on Wash and Nix with Denver. 2 of the 3 lost, the Bears beat Tenn prob more due to poor play of Titans QB than Williams who only threw for 93 yards the other two over 100. I followed the games didn't watch them but the offenses mostly ineffective some of the numbers went up later in games with soft defenses giving up yards. Nix also had two picks and was sacked 2 times. 

As I have said elsewhere Nix airmailed a couple of beauties right into the awaiting hands of Seahawk DBs that promptly dropped them.. Caleb Williams had an awful day and Jayden Daniels put up respectable numbers but could not score a single TD in the Air. The game was not even competitive and the Commanders were thumped.

Add to that both Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence both laid eggs and it shows you nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. Lawrence was considered the creme-de-la-creme of the QB Class that Zach was in. The Jags looked to have a route in the making against the Phish Sunday and Trevor Lawrence could not put the Phishies away scoring a measley 17 Points. But there are people on this board that think its their duty to chase around after Zach while expressing doubt about what the Jets will do with a first ballot Hall of Fame QB to replace him.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:
  • Is it too early to call Bryce Young a complete bust?

Carolina gave up CMC and DJ Moore plus a bushel of draft picks and the future #1 that became the Caleb Williams pick and had the choice between Young or Stroud and they chose Young. He is most definitely a bust and will go down as one of the most colossal draft blunders in NFL history.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach was designated Inactive with the Emergency Quarterback Designation. Meaning that he dressed for the game and could have enter the game if he was called upon by Sean Payton to do so. Payton will do everything in his power to avoid throwing Zach into the lurch unprepared unlike what happened with the Jets under Saleh.

Second overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. 

• Haha 1