Let's not start at the bottom

This is irrelevant 

We are going against the best team in the NFC on the west coast. This should be a 60-40 game to the niners that will be decided by 1-2 plays/calls. If we lose so be it, an out of conference road game against an elite team is a good one to cross off. Hope we win though 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

This is irrelevant 

We are going against the best team in the NFC on the west coast. This should be a 60-40 game to the niners that will be decided by 1-2 plays/calls. If we lose so be it, an out of conference road game against an elite team is a good one to cross off. Hope we win though 

If the Jets win in a blowout can we puff out are chests and claim we’re the best team in football?  Asking for @The Voice of Reason

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

We started 1-0 last year and wasn’t all that helpful honestly. 

I was gonna say this... didn't we start "at the top" last year? Pretty sure at minimum Buffalo started at or near the bottom. Either way one thing is guaranteed. Pissed off bltchin Jets fans by 11:30pm lol

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why not get both?

Amazing how many folks have already seemingly given up on winning tonight. So much for all this forums offseason braggadocio lol.

It's called perspective. Legitimate tough game against an elite team in their house. Odds are tipped against us, as they should be, but doesn't mean we don't have a real chance to win. No one is giving up, just being sensible.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

My concern is more with where they are at the end of week 18 than where they are at the end of week 1.

That right, it's not how you start, it's how you finish that really matters in the end.

That said, I'd really like to come out of San Francisco with a Win tonight.

I think we have the team to do it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

It’s a non conference road game against a team favored to make the Super Bowl. Certainly I’d love to see a win, but let’s not over react if start 0-1. It’s where we finish that counts more than where we start.

We will witness an opposite reaction as soon as we hit the rock bottom of the conference, even after post-week one of the NFL's trashy games.

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It's called perspective. Legitimate tough game against an elite team in their house. Odds are tipped against us, as they should be, but doesn't mean we don't have a real chance to win. No one is giving up, just being sensible.

Lol, whatever you say. 

What I'm seeing is a whole lot of the bluster gone out of some posters here at JN, as they start mentally prepping themselves (and their future posts after the fact) to lose tonight after an offseason of uber-hype. 

That and pre-emptively making excuses for why it's totally ok we lose. :roll:

**** that. 

If we're good, and we should be this year, then lets go in to tonight talking about kicking their ass all over the field, not making mealy-mouthed prep for disappointment.  That time was the offseason. 

Today is gameday.  On gameday, we kick ass, end of story. 

Save the excuses and "boy they're good" stuff for tomorrow. 

Go Jets!

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The Pats went into Cincinnati, an elite team in their house.  Odds tipped against them.  Took care of business.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we're good, and we should be this year, then lets go in to tonight talking about kicking their ass all over the field, not making mealy-mouthed prep for disappointment.  That time was the offseason. 

If they win on a last second FG, will that be acceptable? Or does it have to be a blowout to count? I need to know what to root for.

• Upvote 1