Cut Lazard, Trade for Adams

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

McDonald is getting pushed back 5 yards. 

Against Trent Williams. Sorry, but 2nd year player with 200 snaps under his belt against a HOF LT who weighs 100 lbs. more is expected to have a few bad plays.

While JJ didn’t get a sack, he did get push into the backfield.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Lazard did well after that first drop.  He was one of the bright spots and caught two td passes.  Hopefully he can keep it up.  I was surprised Conklin wasn’t used much and they didn’t throw once to Williams.

He did juggle that first catch a bit, but a catch is a catch. It counts, but it's just enough that I'm still expecting him to butterfingers it every time. 

I don't count, but I do wonder how much that affects Rodgers letting it go his way & maybe instead eating it or forcing it to Wilson or checking down to Breece (Hall's own game 1 jitters/issues yesterday notwithstanding). 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He did juggle that first catch a bit, but a catch is a catch. It counts, but it's just enough that I'm still expecting him to butterfingers it every time. 

I don't count, but I do wonder how much that affects Rodgers letting it go his way & maybe instead eating it or forcing it to Wilson or checking down to Breece (Hall's own game 1 jitters/issues yesterday notwithstanding). 

yep but he did well and better than most expected.  could be a really good sign until williams gets up to speed.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

Lazard did well after that first drop.  He was one of the bright spots and caught two td passes.  Hopefully he can keep it up.  I was surprised Conklin wasn’t used much and they didn’t throw once to Williams.

Garbage time TDs.  Reminds me of when Webb Slaughter caught a touchdown in week 1 of 1996 and we were like “this guy and Keyshawn we are set at WR next 10 years!”

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

image.thumb.jpeg.460cf21f0e070fdb81f92a05cb4b2e00.jpeg

21 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I’d like to see the jets at least go to a Super Bowl.  Once.

Was this posted after he dropped the first pass thrown to him last night?  Other than that, he played very well.  He was one of the very few bright spots last night and I think he's a critical player for this team because we desperately need good WRs.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Garbage time TDs.  Reminds me of when Webb Slaughter caught a touchdown in week 1 of 1996 and we were like “this guy and Keyshawn we are set at WR next 10 years!”

The first one was not in garbage time.  Seems o me people should be happy with his performance considering that last season he couldn’t catch a cold.

• Upvote 2

this aged well. 

Rodgers familiarity with Lazard will make him have a really good year. 

on that TD it was a free play and Rodgers almost like a robot threw it immediately to Lazard like he knew where he was going to be. im not sure if another WR would have caught that pass only because the play was so broken Lazard knew where he was suppose to go and Rodgers knew where he would be.

i kept telling you guys all last year to forget how bad offensive players were with the bad QB play, you cant evaluate anyone with those guys throwing it at them. 

• Upvote 1