OL Still Sucks. JD has failed again

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

All true.  However, I fully expected the o line to take some time to gel.  Pass protection was ok.  You've got 5  guys basically playing together for the first time.  That, plus the niners d line isn't too shabby.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We gave up 1 sack

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

OL was almost the least of our worries.

I think it was Hacketts run scheme that did us in moreso than the blocking. A few plays had blown blocks but most just lacked creativity, and far too many runs came from the shotgun where Hall couldn't get up a head of steam before crossing the LOS. Not using Allen in short yardage or for a few spells also felt confounding, although tbf the offense barely had the ball for long stretches of the game. 

Not defending this OL, but not ready to call them a bust yet either. Far more worried about the defense after this week

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I feel like a lot of fans didn't watch much football on Sunday.

Much of what was put out there by teams was absolute slop.  First few weeks of the season is the new preseason.  These guys don't play any football to get ready to play football until the real games start and more times than not it shows.

Really? Then why was sf in mid season form

• Post of the Week 1

I believe the problem is that they have not played together during the preseason. This oline only played together in practice only and did not see any live contact until they played against the 49ers. This was more a punch to the face for the oline and wakeup call. They better wakeup soon because there is more to come in this season.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I thought the OL was the best unit for the Jets last night.  Unfortunately they were in pass blocking mode and the game plan called for running the ball.

Agree with you on this.  Hall wasn't doing sh*t until Rodgers made a couple completions which seemed to open up the run and then we had a couple of chunk runs.  It works both ways and we really aren't used to seeing the pass game open up the rushing game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What the actual **** are you talking about... The OL was great in pass blocking... Run blocking is a different story... 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Yet the o-line only allowed 5 pressures in 21 drop backs. 

Least of the problems last night, but don’t let facts spoil your chance to moan. 

That was because Rodgers got rid of the ball fast and knows how to navigate the pocket more than the OL. I mean did you watch the game or are you jist looking at a stat sheet?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Much of what was put out there by teams was absolute slop.  First few weeks of the season is the new preseason.  These guys don't play any football to get ready to play football until the real games start and more times than not it shows.

Teams were not getting blown off the ball in the trenches like that Jets were. QB receiver miscues yes- out of shape, soft, and heartless like the Jets were- no.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

100%. It's a tradeoff, coaches are now too afraid to play starters in the preseason. If a coach wanted to get an early advantage he could try playing starters more in the preseason and then ambush the other teams early in the regular season.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The OL wasn't great but it was far from the biggest problem.

Let’s rank the problems so people can then calibrate their outrage in accordance with your vacant understanding of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

“Voice of reason” eh?

Some of you don't understand what voice of Reason is... It's not having wild over reactions to any outcome... Sorry that I don't fall into the crowd here... 

This team is going to beat down a lot of teams... They were outclassed in their first game... 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Let’s rank the problems so people can then calibrate their outrage in accordance with your vacant understanding of the game.

Aaron rodgers being a million years old is a worse problem than the Tyron Smith led o line 

• Haha 1

Because they have a better coaching staff.
And that ... My dear friend ... Is why the team fails. More than any other reason... coaching is this team's albatross ... Last night it was crystal clear where the greatest ineptitude lies.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Really? Then why was sf in mid season form

Continuity. Really no turnover on their roster, plus they are calibrated to excellence given how high they’ve performed year over year. Jets start every season like an expansion team.

• Upvote 3