Does Reddick get a call from JD today?

On 9/10/2024 at 1:36 PM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

McDonald was invisible last night, 

You need at least three moves as a passrusher.  A power/bull rush, a speed move (either inside or outside), and a counter move.  He has the last two, he just doesn't have the size to really be a major threat with a bull rush unless the OLineman is off balance.  That's a problem IMO.

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Jason Taylor supposedly played DE at 6'6" 244 lbs, and he's in the HOF

Maybe McD just sucks

He could always try jumping over the RT the way he jumped over cars.  Maybe that would work better than his spin move 😅

He might just suck but also the average size of OLman is a lot bigger than in JT’s heyday.

I wonder if he can play box safety lol 

On 9/10/2024 at 6:44 PM, The Crusher said:

Yep, problem with pissing matches is both sides  end up with piss drenched  shoes. 

Except Haason will have the cash to buy new Jordans when it’s all said and done. JD? He’ll get the pink slip by week 8 when the Belichick less Pats beat up on us. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I get that JFM was “overpaid” but this was not the year to be frugal and experiment with the defense 

Meanwhile, JFM is still on the cap for $9M, as his over-payment was in large part due to JD's love for tacking on void years to mortgage the future for his past failures.  Only 5 active players are on the books for more than JFM right now, yet he's still not even the holder of the most dead money (an honor that belongs to Tomlinson).

But I suppose why handle that situation better when you just pay for nothing while trading for a guy who refuses to play?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 9/10/2024 at 7:24 PM, jgb said:

I get why JD demanded the player's physical presence to negotiate, but in hindsight it was a poor move. Teams and agents discuss terms as the rule without the player present. I get that JD exposed himself a bit and now it's an ego deal, but you know, as any married man knows, sometimes you gotta decide if you'd rather be happy or if you'd rather be right.

Time for JD to choose being happy. 

Reddick would have made zero difference on Monday night.  I totally understand why JD wanted Reddick here. IMO if he was going to trade for him without signing him to a new deal, it was the right way to go about it.  You don't trade for a player and give him a big contract without seeing if his speed has dropped off during the offseason, how he meshes with the Jets' scheme, CS and players.  I wouldn't have traded for him.  If a mistake was made, that's where it was made.

Your analogy doesn't fit here.  Neither JD nor the Jets are marrying (extending Reddick), they're using him for a one-year rental.  Reddick is stupid.  He has cost himself a ton of money, and he's not going to get the contract he wants after how he's acted this offseason.  I hope the dumb bastage's career is over.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JKlecko said:

Reddick would have made zero difference on Monday night. 

This is the lamest “counter” that JD screwed the pooch here and needs to rectify it.

I totally understand why JD wanted Reddick here. IMO if he was going to trade for him without signing him to a new deal, it was the right way to go about it. 

Huh? The opportunity cost alone has instantly proven this was an egregious failure.

You don't trade for a player and give him a big contract without seeing if his speed has dropped off during the offseason, how he meshes with the Jets' scheme, CS and players.

That’s why you try to negotiate a short term deal as a condition of the trade and if a deal to the Jets liking can’t be reached… you walk away and allocate those resources elsewhere.

I wouldn't have traded for him.  If a mistake was made, that's where it was made.

THANK YOU. This is the entire point.

Your analogy doesn't fit here.  Neither JD nor the Jets are marrying (extending Reddick), they're using him for a one-year rental.

The analogy is spot on. JD shouldn’t have traded for him which is the alpha and the omega of my entire point which you have just conceded above.

Reddick is stupid.  He has cost himself a ton of money, and he's not going to get the contract he wants after how he's acted this offseason.  I hope the dumb bastage's career is over.

At least this isn’t an emotional issue for you 🙄 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Who is this Reddick ? emoji1787.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The guy who JD naively depended on when letting 2 pass rushers walk and who currently is holding $14M of the team’s money hostage that could’ve been used elsewhere in this all-in year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The guy who JD naively depended on when letting 2 pass rushers walk and who currently is holding $14M of the team’s money hostage that could’ve been used elsewhere in this all-in year.
... Thank you is for the reminder ... I guess Joe didn't realize that Reddick doesn't understand leverage or the value of money in any shape or form ... And that Reddick would be willing to throw away possibly tens of millions of dollars by his own volition while at the same time tank his career.

It's was a good bet that so far didn't turn out.

58 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... Thank you is for the reminder ... I guess Joe didn't realize that Reddick doesn't understand leverage or the value of money in any shape or form ... And that Reddick would be willing to throw away possibly tens of millions of dollars by his own volition while at the same time tank his career.

It's was a good bet that so far didn't turn out.

It was an atrocious bet because the mitigation against the downside risk was incredibly simple to implement.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It was an atrocious bet because the mitigation against the downside risk was incredibly simple to implement.
Yeah .. this I agree with ... There was no emergency plan ... This has happened before .. like when the FQB flamed out there was no plan that included a quality backup ... I agree with you there.

But no one expected the D to be this attrocious... So while the blame does lie with Joe D. Here ... I can understand it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not sure what this bizarre collection of words is supposed to mean, but it stands to reason that Reddick’s people are pushing for a resolution and are ready to start sliming Douglas for his ineptitude. Saw a similar article yesterday where “league execs” suggest Douglas sh*t the bed and the most likely path forward is to trade Reddick at a loss. Better beat them Titans, Joe Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure what this bizarre collection of words is supposed to mean, but it stands to reason that Reddick’s people are pushing for a resolution and are ready to start sliming Douglas for his ineptitude. Saw a similar article yesterday where “league execs” suggest Douglas sh*t the bed and the most likely path forward is to trade Reddick at a loss. Better beat them Titans, Joe Douglas. 

What if Reddick will only sign for 4 for 110... And no less do you do that deal at the expense of sauce. 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What if Reddick will only sign for 4 for 110... And no less do you do that deal at the expense of sauce. 

There’s no world where giving Reddick his ~$20 mil is going to cost you Sauce, but I don’t think you have to give Reddick four years regardless. Josina’s previous reporting suggested Reddick would have come in for the Huff number this year plus an adjustment to cover the fines.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There’s no world where giving Reddick his ~$20 mil is going to cost you Sauce, but I don’t think you have to give Reddick four years regardless. Josina’s previous reporting suggested Reddick would have come in for the Huff number this year plus an adjustment to cover the fines.

How many league sources have you spoken to today is akin to where’s your resume you’ll get from the real fans here. 

anyways what Anderson said so what we’ve said all offseason. Douglas rushed the trade and didn’t read the fine print. Now he’s hiding again. The ass kicking on Monday didn’t help. Hopefully the Jets have identified candidates.

JD wont cave and doesn't have to. Especially if we rattle off some wins these next few weeks. And I see no way Reddick is dumb enough to sit out the whole year and still be a Jet next year with the same deal. So he'll report likely the latest he possibly can for this season to count. Making it to where he makes pretty much nothing after fines this year. So just a crazy dumb move by him. And now after that. His numbers wont be good this year after not playing football for that long as well as very few teams will want to deal with him in FA next year especially if he thinks he can make up his money lost this year on his next deal.

• Upvote 2

JD wont cave and doesn't have to. Especially if we rattle off some wins these next few weeks. And I see no way Reddick is dumb enough to sit out the whole year and still be a Jet next year with the same deal. So he'll report likely the latest he possibly can for this season to count. Making it to where he makes pretty much nothing after fines this year. So just a crazy dumb move by him. And now after that. His numbers wont be good this year after not playing football for that long as well as very few teams will want to deal with him in FA next year especially if he thinks he can make up his money lost this year on his next deal.
It's absolutely one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen ... He could have bet on himself , showed up and dominated , and contributed to at least a playoff season for a losing franchise .. further bolstering his market value while getting paid.

Instead .. he is damaging his image, and losing potentially tens of millions.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

anyways what Anderson said so what we’ve said all offseason. Douglas rushed the trade and didn’t read the fine print. Now he’s hiding again. The ass kicking on Monday didn’t help. Hopefully the Jets have identified candidates.

Yeah I also hope that the Jets have identified new GM candidates. I’ve been waiting a few years for this. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Again… this is why you try to reach a deal as a condition of the trade or you walk.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

But now he is going full nuclear to try to get JD fired... 

Maybe it works and Woody feels the pressure.. 

But now with the fines where they are going to be in a few weeks there is no way that Reddick is coming in without a longer deal... So they are going to wait it out and hope the next GM will release his rights or that they trade him at the deadline... 

The agent here is going to keep putting bad press in the news about JD to pressure Woody.. 

Knowing Woody, he is going to cave to either trading him or paying him... 

The agents play is to **** the Jets over... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cash spending is way down this year. It’s possibly a Woody problem (relatable). Carter’s extension has no new money this year. If woody tightened the purse strings on JD in a “prove it” lame duck year no GM above a C grade will ever interview here ever again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It feels like a trade is the best way out of the situation. 

The issue with a trade, as I have maintained for awhile now, is that you need a team willing to give Reddick what he wants. Reddick was made available in March and the Jets got him for very little draft capital precisely because there weren't a lot of teams knocking down Philly's door to give him 22 Millions (or whatever) a year. 

I think the best shot at a trade is near the trade deadline to a contender, but not sure who that would realistically be. 

8 hours ago, jgb said:

This is the lamest “counter” that JD screwed the pooch here and needs to rectify it.

Huh? The opportunity cost alone has instantly proven this was an egregious failure.

That’s why you try to negotiate a short term deal as a condition of the trade and if a deal to the Jets liking can’t be reached… you walk away and allocate those resources elsewhere.

THANK YOU. This is the entire point.

The analogy is spot on. JD shouldn’t have traded for him which is the alpha and the omega of my entire point which you have just conceded above.

At least this isn’t an emotional issue for you 🙄 

Yeah, whole lotta 'WTF'  here.  

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like a trade is the best way out of the situation. 

The issue with a trade, as I have maintained for awhile now, is that you need a team willing to give Reddick what he wants. Reddick was made available in March and the Jets got him for very little draft capital precisely because there weren't a lot of teams knocking down Philly's door to give him 22 Millions (or whatever) a year. 

I think the best shot at a trade is near the trade deadline to a contender, but not sure who that would realistically be. 

We saw a bunch of big games decided on Sunday by defenses trying to get a stop late that couldn’t do it because they ran out of pass rushers. I’m guessing there are contenders out there who would love to have a guy like Reddick who can go single-handedly blow up a drive late the fourth quarter who won’t blink at giving him some short money that they can rinse out in future years. There’s a difference between acceding a multi-year deal to Reddick while giving up a pick and adding him in-season on a one year deal with some cash they weren’t using anyway