*** Thursday Night Football - Bills vs Fish***

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why have Waddle and Hill been on the sidelines all quarter?  Did they quit on the team or something?  Doesn’t make sense given that Achane was in there despite being a game time decision entering the night.

I suspect Hill is hurt to some degree. He was on the sidelines a fair number of plays before tua went out. I questioned why on the first drive the Dolphins had Hill and Waddle sitting on the 3rd and 13 which resulted in the 1st int.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I suspect Hill is hurt to some degree. He was on the sidelines a fair number of plays before tua went out. I questioned why on the first drive the Dolphins had Hill and Waddle sitting on the 3rd and 13 which resulted in the 1st int.

Cops like to try and dislocate joints when they can get their hands on you. 

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

McDaniel has made the playoffs both years he has coached, light years better than bobby Saleh

yeah with Tua at QB. in the 3 games he didnt have Tua he was 1-3.

if Tua is out for the year lets see how many wins he gets with a QB room just as bad as Saleh had last year. we will see how many light years he is ahead of him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah with Tua at QB. in the 3 games he didnt have Tua he was 1-3.

if Tua is out for the year lets see how many wins he gets with a QB room just as bad as Saleh had last year. we will see how many light years he is ahead of him.

Dolphins are going to try to talk Bridgewater out of retirement 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jgb said:

If he’s forced medically to retire, you’re probably right. If he just pulls a Gastineau, he’d probably forfeit the guarantees tied to future years.

I don't think we've ever seen a situation like this if it happens. I'd assume it would be some sort of injury settlement. I don't know, even if he gave up the money, that he can give it up in a way to remove the cap hit. Maybe renegotiate his deal to remove it then retire? I hope someone writes up or has a youtube video about the implications.

• Upvote 3

Compared to a Zach game?  This is the 1958 NFL Championship, 1981 NFC Title Game ("The Catch"), Super Bowl III, The Ice Bowl, Wide Right and the Monday Night Miracle all wrapped up into one.
Why are you so obsessed w Zach ? I never mentioned the guy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Tua I doubt hangs it up.

He should… but he won’t. And it will be controversial. Bc I can guarantee you with his history this won’t be his last concussion.

I’m positive multiple doctors will tell him to stop. But he won’t listen.

That all being said. He should’ve gotten down yesterday. He easily could have but chose to take a hit. I think that’s why McDaniels seemed pissed. I’m sure there’s been countless conversations given Tua’s history to not take hits. Get down even if it’s a bad loss. Given up yards, etc. And I know it’s easier said than done in the heat of a competitive game. But he’s the one bc of his history that needed to be forced to change his instincts. To protect himself. And he didn’t. And I hope the guy is ok. Because hits like that when you have his history are life threatening. Not just a headache for a few days.

It is pretty wild to see that with Tua’s history they didn’t do more at backup QB. They’re worse than we are at QB depth last year.

But as I stated. I don’t think Tua misses more than a few weeks. Which will be controversial.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

from spotrac:

• $93.171M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2024 salary + 2025 salary + 2025 roster bonus)
  • 2025 Roster Bonus: $25M (guaranteed)
  • $54M 2026 salary fully guarantees March 2025 (injury guaranteed at sign)
  • $3M of 2027 salary fully guarantees March 2026 (injury guaranteed at sign)
  • Additional $17M of 2027 salary fully guarantees March 2027 (injury guaranteed at sign)

So if this is all correct it’d seem - if he gets a neurologist or two to say his career is 100% over and the team doesn’t fight it - some $192MM was injury guaranteed at signing.

Should not be too hard they were telling him to retire from the severe concussions a few years ago

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Tua I doubt hangs it up.

He should… but he won’t. And it will be controversial. Bc I can guarantee you with his history this won’t be his last concussion.

It is pretty wild to see that with Tua’s history they didn’t do more at backup QB. They’re worse than we are at QB depth last year.

But as I stated. I don’t think Tua misses more than a few weeks. Which will be controversial.

These GM's are so over rated.  Great point.

• Haha 1

1. I pray Tua is healthy. The man needs to think about his family and his quality of life 10-30 years from now. 

2. This Thompson guy might honestly be the worst QB, ever. Worse than Tim Boyle.

3. McDaniels on crack, on meth, drunk over Four Loko’s is a better coach than Robert Saleh. I can seriously name 20 coaches I’d rather have than Saleh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Tua would walk away with roughly $172 million in his pocket if he is forced into retirement for health issues.

Bro, walk the hell away my man. You got a family and a life outside of football. Take the HUGE amount of money and go enjoy your family and life. If he comes back again, he is the very definition of stupid.

On another note, the Dolphins situation is a mess now! Huge contracts given out on the idea that Tua was their guy. What a mess they are in now

• Upvote 1

1. I pray Tua is healthy. The man needs to think about his family and his quality of life 10-30 years from now. 

2. This Thompson guy might honestly be the worst QB, ever. Worse than Tim Boyle.

3. McDaniels on crack, on meth, drunk over Four Loko’s is a better coach than Robert Saleh. I can seriously name 20 coaches I’d rather have than Saleh. 
Check out Skylar's record vs the Jets ...

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437955#home

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Only 20?

1 hour ago, Falco21 said:

Tua would walk away with roughly $172 million in his pocket if he is forced into retirement for health issues

I don’t disagree but I think this is easier said than done in the NFL.   Steven Ross is not giving up all that money, and the way the cap works would be prohibitive.  The cap hit mechanism actually makes it very hard for teams to manage injuries like this.  

The Dolphins are supposed to take a $192mm cap hit?

I think practically he lingers on the roster for a while.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I don’t disagree but I think this is easier said than done in the NFL.   Steven Ross is not giving up all that money, and the way the cap works would be prohibitive.  The cap hit mechanism actually makes it very hard for teams to manage injuries like this.  

Tua was given a $43 million signing bonus. He was guaranteed $93 million when he signed the contract. Another $54 million becomes guaranteed in March of 2025.

The biggest part of that would be the $54 million, which he may not get. So at worst, he walks away with $136 million. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

He will probably take the rest of this season off and try to come back next year as a bridge qb after the dolphins draft Sanders

Just now, Falco21 said:

Tua was given a $43 million signing bonus. He was guaranteed $93 million when he signed the contract. Another $54 million becomes guaranteed in March of 2025.

The biggest part of that would be the $54 million, which he may not get. So at worst, he walks away with $136 million. 

Can I retire with that severance package?

17 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

o/u of 48.5 feels a little light, no?  Bills in a shootout?

UPDATE:  Vegas always seems to know what's up.  (Without the Tua concussion I imagine the O/U would have been spot on, with Buffalo winning 31-17 or something like that).

• Upvote 1