Cimini said it best today...no really

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Two things can be true at once, the offense is clearly improved over being Zach-led with no O-line, but it doesn’t look or feel “good” as yet either.

Sure, I get the feels stuff but if the Jets keep this type of TD production going, they are on pace for 51 TD's.   They have not scored 51 TD's, combined in the last 3 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I can't believe it, after watching this game so much anger towards my team and we won. 

Well I might have alluded to it but didn't say it this neatly.

Cimini of all people said it perfectly. 

Unbelievable 

Hackett isn't really calling the plays, is he? He may send plays to Aaron's helmet, but I've got a feeling it's Aaron who decides on the play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Oh and Tyler Conklin is overrated poop who is worthless and just taking up space.  Passing on Brock Bowers was next level stupid.  This offense would be so much better w/ Brock Bowers it's not even funny.  Dude is a legit star in week 2 of his career.  Right now, nobody can shake loose off the LOS for the quick gains, other than G5 and this dude would be exactly what the offense needs.  oh well but damn, looks at this beast;

Bowers already looking all pro at the NFL level.  Two games in.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Oh and Tyler Conklin is overrated poop who is worthless and just taking up space.  Passing on Brock Bowers was next level stupid.  This offense would be so much better w/ Brock Bowers it's not even funny.  Dude is a legit star in week 2 of his career.  Right now, nobody can shake loose off the LOS for the quick gains, other than G5 and this dude would be exactly what the offense needs.  oh well but damn, looks at this beast;

Taking a 6’3”, 230lb TE at pick #11 would’ve been dumb. I hope the Jets don’t need Fashanu all year, but I’m glad to have him (and he’s the only reserve tackle they’ve dressed so far this season). 

My expectation was that Rodgers would need a couple/few weeks to shake his own rust to start the season. Mike Williams just started practicing maybe ten days before the opener, and I expect his role to continue to grow. They’re working in Corley, too, and we’ll be seeing his role expand as he gets more comfortable. 

What the Jets did draft is a 6’1”, 235lb RB with a 5th round comp pick who looks as if he can be every bit of the weapon that an undersized, overdrafted TE can be, and I’m actually kinda stunned that the Jets have figured it out so quickly. The moment Allen was drafted, I was talking about making him a FB. The idea, of course, was to get both RBs on the field at the same time. Allen has proven to be a better receiver than I expected, and the fact that Beeece can comfortably line up and operate as a WR also helps. You line Allen at flanker, and he’s basically a Bowers who can also rush the ball for a quarter of the price. 

It was week two of a long season, and it looked a lot better than week one. Even got to see successful adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. I expect to see more improvement in the coming weeks, although I’m not excited to face NE’s defense on another short week. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I can't believe it, after watching this game so much anger towards my team and we won. 

Well I might have alluded to it but didn't say it this neatly.

Cimini of all people said it perfectly. 

Unbelievable 

“1st and 10 guys. Everyone lineup. Nobody go in motion. We’re going to run it right up the middle at the strength of their defense… again.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, slats said:

Taking a 6’3”, 230lb TE at pick #11 would’ve been dumb. I hope the Jets don’t need Fashanu all year, but I’m glad to have him (and he’s the only reserve tackle they’ve dressed so far this season). 

My expectation was that Rodgers would need a couple/few weeks to shake his own rust to start the season. Mike Williams just started practicing maybe ten days before the opener, and I expect his role to continue to grow. They’re working in Corley, too, and we’ll be seeing his role expand as he gets more comfortable. 

What the Jets did draft is a 6’1”, 235lb RB with a 5th round comp pick who looks as if he can be every bit of the weapon that an undersized, overdrafted TE can be, and I’m actually kinda stunned that the Jets have figured it out so quickly. The moment Allen was drafted, I was talking about making him a FB. The idea, of course, was to get both RBs on the field at the same time. Allen has proven to be a better receiver than I expected, and the fact that Beeece can comfortably line up and operate as a WR also helps. You line Allen at flanker, and he’s basically a Bowers who can also rush the ball for a quarter of the price. 

It was week two of a long season, and it looked a lot better than week one. Even got to see successful adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. I expect to see more improvement in the coming weeks, although I’m not excited to face NE’s defense on another short week. 

Olu was the right pick because they are picking 20 or later next year and you ain’t getting an Olu type guy at 20

but….

Bowers is a pro bowl player. don’t get caught up in labels or positions he’s just a dawg. 

Everything the scouts said is true. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Hackett isn't really calling the plays, is he? He may send plays to Aaron's helmet, but I've got a feeling it's Aaron who decides on the play.

Hackett is 100% calling his script and the offense. Rodgers has control of the LOS but the personnel and base call is Hackett 

• Upvote 1

When was the last time we had a QB who hit the following throws these first 2 weeks?

1. Free play deep to Allen Lazard (TD week 1)

2. Sideline go route to Allen Lazard (week 1)

3. RB wheel route to Breece Hall (TD week 2)

4. 3rd down end zone shot to Jeremy Ruckert (should have been TD week 2; keep running your route Jeremy)

5. Backyard throw to Garrett Wilson (game winning drive week 2)

6. Jump ball to Mike Williams (game winning drive week 2)

This against 2 strong defenses coming back from an Achilles and still rusty after a year off.

Yes, Rodgers needs to speed up the tempo and continue to build chemistry with Garrett (interception and a couple inaccurate slants).

But even his overthrow down the seam to Lazard yesterday was a good read in rhythm that I’d expect to convert as the calendar flips by.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I'm sorry you were wrong and having a hard time dealing w/ it.

We’ll see how his career goes, but I would never be okay with drafting an undersized TE at pick #11. I’d’ve preferred the WRs JD was trying to trade up for, but I’m content with Fashanu. Allen already looks like the real deal, doing everything a tiny TE can do and more. We’ll see Corley’s work start to get ramped up, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Olu was the right pick because they are picking 20 or later next year and you ain’t getting an Olu type guy at 20

but….

Bowers is a pro bowl player. don’t get caught up in labels or positions he’s just a dawg. 

Everything the scouts said is true. 

My neighbor is a scout for the Lions, he covers the SEC, obviously not a hard case to make but he was banging the table for Gibbs and Jameson Williams and was obviously in the room when LaPorta was discussed, but what he said about all 3 is crucial and I think a big mistake people like Slats make when assessing the draft.  When you're taking offense, it's not about "positional value", which you hear for 1 month out of the entire year.  You have to stop looking at the position and focus on how you plan to utilize, the "weapon".  Bowers after Harrison Jr. was the next best weapon in the draft.  It was a missed opportunity and that's fine but it is what it is.

• Upvote 3

That may be the case, but Rodgers looked unaware at times concerning the clock.

Did he look unaware? I think we are harping on that way too much. It’s his second game with the team and he’s orchestrating the entire offense and they are taking longer to get on the same page.

I think this is a non issue and not worried about it at all.

Offense has been top 10 in the league. Pepople are looking for any reason to bitch at this point and the criticisms aren’t based in realistic expectations.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Sure, I get the feels stuff but if the Jets keep this type of TD production going, they are on pace for 51 TD's.   They have not scored 51 TD's, combined in the last 3 years. 

LOL, it’s like really absurd at this point. Man  if only we had last seasons D out there. This D has a ways to go and losing JJ not helpful. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Except this is exactly what the 22-23 Packers offense looked like. This is what Rodgers conception of football is these days: lean on the run game, keep it close into the fourth quarter, let Rodgers win it for you at the end. It works against the Will Levis Titans, but not so much against better clubs. 

He moved in Green Bay.  A lot.  Scrambled, rollouts, etc.

Right now he keeps everything in a very small space.  When pressure was there, he just stayed in the pocket and waited to get sacked.

Different guy.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The ‘22 Packers also averaged 27 points per game in the back half of the year after an understandably slow start post Davante Adams with a young stable of WRs.

One thing that often doesn’t get talked about with Rodgers on the stat sheet and also via advanced statistics is his ability to lead an offense to manufactured points.  Even when he is rusty or not in top form.

His experience, presence, respect that he demands, ability to audible / win on the blitz or against zone, and ‘big time’ throw rate create points.  Some people still don’t get that.  

Spot on

his ability to manufacture is critical to the success of this team and why I am thrilled he is the qb

i think we all realize this is a very suspect to not very good coaching staff

rodgers cerebral ability makes up for that and I am not sure any other qb in the league today including mahommes posses that skill at that level

keep him healthy and it should be a fun ride

56 minutes ago, slats said:

We’ll see how his career goes, but I would never be okay with drafting an undersized TE at pick #11. I’d’ve preferred the WRs JD was trying to trade up for, but I’m content with Fashanu. Allen already looks like the real deal, doing everything a tiny TE can do and more. We’ll see Corley’s work start to get ramped up, too. 

Blah blah blah, TE, blah blah blah

Bro, this is after 2 weeks...you think it's going to slow down?  lmfao

Receptions
1. Cooper Kupp  LAR 18
2. Brock Bowers  LVR 15
  Chris Godwin  TAM 15
  Malik Nabers  NYG 15
5. De'Von Achane  MIA 14
  Davante Adams  LVR 14
  Nico Collins  HOU 14
  Jaxon Smith-Njigba  SEA 14
  Amon-Ra St. Brown  DET 14
10. Zay Flowers  BAL 13
  D.K. Metcalf  SEA 13
  Deebo Samuel  S
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The measure for success is not "the Jets the last three years".

The same way finishing 18th in Offense this year would be a huge improvement over the recent spate of 28, 29, 31 type finishes.  But 18th isn't good enough, or even good in and of itself.

We should be using more non-Jets-specific criteria and recent league averages as our measuring stick for offensive success.

It's still early, so there is still plenty of time for improvement.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Hackett is 100% calling his script and the offense. Rodgers has control of the LOS but the personnel and base call is Hackett 

Well then I am quite comfortable and confident saying then that Hackett is the worst OC in the NFL.  #32 out of 32.   I hope Rodgers changes up most plays then.  

3 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

If you look around the league, I think 5 teams scored 24-26 points and only 3 teams went north of that on the day.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The measure for success is not "the Jets the last three years".

The same way finishing 18th in Offense this year would be a huge improvement over the recent spate of 28, 29, 31 type finishes.  But 18th isn't good enough, or even good in and of itself.

We should be using more non-Jets-specific criteria and recent league averages as our measuring stick for offensive success.

It's still early, so there is still plenty of time for improvement.

I know, see above, my point was simply stating that we are seeing a drastic improvement in 2 weeks and that should be a good sign for the Jets considering they won 7 games in back to back seasons, scoring the least amount of TD's in the league.  They currently 1 of 10 to currently score 6 TD's.  It's encouraging, no?

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The problem is that the jets don’t use the guys they have.  Look at how much this offense relies on the rbs.  How many targets would bowers see each game here?  Maybe half as many as on another team. 

But this is my point, they dont have anyone like Bowers.  Mike Will, Lazard...these arent guy who get insta-open like Bowers does.  They're not yac guys like Bowers.  You cant line them up all along the LOS like Bowers.  Gipson is not good, Conklin is a sucky jag, and Corley might catch 10 balls this year.  I think he would see a sh*t ton of targets.  All those audibles at the LOS, trying to find the mismatch, guess what, that's Bowers 9 times out of 10.  He's the mismatch king, the chess piece they are missing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

lmfao - the NY Jets scored 18 total TD's in '23.  They have the least amount of TD's in the league over the last 2 seasons.  They've scored 6 after 2 games already and Jets fans are all yah but the offense stinks! 

Did anyone watch last night's game?  2 teams played, they scored 1 single TD a piece and those teams are being led by the #1 overall pick and last year, #2 overall pick and arguably, have the best WR core in Football on their teams.

lol

“Capitalism: The worst economic system, except for all the others”

This is me agreeing with you lol. The NFL is a mess early this season. None of the teams look amazing. Jets are concerning but  just good to get a win and hoping they improve moving forward.

• Upvote 1