Coward: AR is an immobile and expensive older QB

Bronx

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's fine but not good enough to be a legitimate SB contender.  Isn't that why we brought him in? 

We brought him in to be a playoff team for the first time in over a decade. I still think they can be a contender this year. I also think the defense is the biggest concern right now. A rusty Rodgers and an offense that has so many new guys on it will only get better the more they play together. The injury and the lost year was an unfortunate and unforeseen situation. It looks to me like he still has plenty left in the tank. We will see. 

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

This is just false. His mobility during his last two MVPs is essentially the same at it is now. 

I do not believe this to be true.  He can barely move at this point.

His last year in GB he was starting to show this decline, but it's substantively worse than even his last year in GB..

50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I do not believe this to be true.  He can barely move at this point.

His last year in GB he was starting to show this decline, but it's substantively worse than even his last year in GB..

Wrong, watch the highlights. A 38 year old is just as slow as a 40 year old, he didn’t not make plays on the move the last 4+ years 

He’s not expensive and almost everyone who talks about football on TV doesn’t know anything about the rosters and salary cap situations of the teams they get paid to talk about. Stephen A, Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Mina Kimes etc….. all morons. Rich morons but still morons 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Tom Brady was never mobile.

Neither was Peyton.

Cowherd is a joke.

Yes, neither of them were mobile but that was always their game. - they were able to age well because they didn't have to change the way they played all that much.   Rodgers game was heavily defined by his ability to roll out and make plays out of the pocket.  He has now lost that ability, in what seem to be, entirely.  

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, neither of them were mobile but that was always their game. - they were able to age well because they didn't have to change the way they played all that much.   Rodgers game was heavily defined by his ability to roll out and make plays out of the pocket.  He has now lost that ability, in what seem to be, entirely.  

Rodgers can still roll out on occasion and he can still throw it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He is immobile and expensive.  That is reality.  Claiming otherwise is just not being intellectually honest.

Define expensive. If someone's salary is at the mean, wouldn't that be average? I mean, basic math. And Rodgers is at a much higher level than Daniel Jones, who actually makes more than him. You're really reaching to die on the usual hill.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Why didn’t they go at Brady like this when he was on the Bucs?

It's easy for people to take shots at Rodgers because he missed last season, which was his first season with the Jets.

And I hate to state the obvious, but Rodgers is now the Jets starting QB, so of course the talking heads will take their shots at us, as they always do.

It's up to Rodgers & the Jets to make them eat their words.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He is immobile and expensive.  That is reality.  Claiming otherwise is just not being intellectually honest.

Maybe somewhat immobile in comparison to someone like Hurts, but he can move well enough in the pocket & still scramble when he has to.

That said, you really need to take a long, hard look at the QB deals that were signed over the last 2 off-seasons.

I can very easily & convincingly make the argument, that Rodgers salary is an absolute bargain.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Maybe somewhat immobile in comparison to someone like Hurts, but he can move well enough in the pocket & still scramble when he has to.

That said, you really need to take a long, hard look at the QB deals that were signed over the last 2 off-seasons.

I can very easily & convincingly make the argument, that Rodgers salary is an absolute bargain.

I get it and I was very clear in my post that I understand contracts over the past two years have blown this one away but it doesn't make him not expensive.  At this point you could call Mahomes's contract inexpensive too.  What we're paying him is only not absurd because the contract was done two years ago.  

We're paying Rodgers a lot of money and a large percentage of our salary cap, which makes him expensive.   

I'm not going to have the immobile argument because it's glaringly apparent he can barely move.  If you're going to make the case that he's just a step below Hurts then there really isn't any point in having a discussion about it - we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it and I was very clear in my post that I understand contracts over the past two years have blown this one away but it doesn't make him not expensive.  At this point you could call Mahomes's contract inexpensive too.  What we're paying him is only not absurd because the contract was done two years ago.  

We're paying Rodgers a lot of money and a large percentage of our salary cap, which makes him expensive.   

I'm not going to have the immobile argument because it's glaringly apparent he can barely move.  If you're going to make the case that he's just a step below Hurts then there really isn't any point in having a discussion about it - we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

See Zach. See Zach run. See Zach throw the football into other defenders hands and into the stands. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I never implied that Rodgers was a step below Hurts, I just used Hurts as an example of a "Mobile" QB.

Aaron Rodgers can move well enough to roll out & extend a play and/or buy time in the pocket - which is all you need for mobility when you have a QB with Rodgers arm talent.

We can definitely agree to disgaree on Rodgers salary - he is NOT "expensive" when you're talking about the most important postion in NFL football.

There are WR's out there with salaries that dwarf what Rodgers is being paid.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

zach-wilson-zach-wilson-falling.gif

1155bfcc73e5c0fed49bd34e2bc38815.gif

16 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Aaron Rodgers can move well enough to roll out & extend a play and/or buy time in the pocket - which is all you need for mobility when you have a QB with Rodgers arm talent.

He may be able to, but he has yet to show that ability at all in the first two weeks.  The few times he's moved outside of the pocket to extend a play he's looked old, slow and been incredibly inaccurate (hitting people in the feet and throwing over their heads)

I don't suspect he's going to get more mobile as he gets older.  But you never know I guess.