The Jets will be in sole posession of 1st place in the AFC East in 5 days

so if this was the final week of the season and the Jets win and the Bills lose, the Jets would win the East because of the tie breaker,

@Joe W. Namath would be correct  - maybe not the choice of the word sole - but he would technically be correct.

He is a former capt and does deserve some level of respect - no?  

• Upvote 2

That's all well and good. Now let's put my Nostradamus hat on for a minute.  

The Jets will beat the Broncos, then they will lose to Minn in London.

The Bills will lose to the Ravens AND Texans. 

The Jets will then face the Bills with identical 3-2 records. The Jets will then lose to the Bills. 

Jets are back at .500, reeling from back to back losses as they head to Pitt (a game I think they will end up winning). Bills are back on top of the division with a 4-2 record heading back home for a game against the Titans (a game I think they too will win).

You're welcome.

Thank You Thank You Applause GIF by Warner Archive

I've said this before. The success of this season is not nec. going to be determined by the Jets wining the division or beating the really tough teams they face. It will be about winning all the OTHER games and making sure they secure a spot in the playoffs. Just get in. Get to 10 or 11 wins. They can do it without beating the Bills, they can do it without beating the Vikings. They need to beat teams like the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jaguars, Seahawks (at home), Steelers, Colts, Pats. If Rodgers and that o-line remain healthy, these are all games they should win. If they do, it puts them at 11 wins, even if they get swept by the Bills and lose to the Vikings, Rams and Texans. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Ravens suck and the Bills are the best team in the league

Logging in to fanduel to take Ravens as we type. 

Buttman hasn't been right about much of anything this millenium. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

That's all well and good. Now let's put my Nostradamus hat on for a minute.  

The Jets will beat the Broncos, then they will lose to Minn in London.

The Bills will lose to the Ravens AND Texans. 

The Jets will then face the Bills with identical 3-2 records. The Jets will then lose to the Bills. 

Jets are back at .500, reeling from back to back losses as they head to Pitt (a game I think they will end up winning). Bills are back on top of the division with a 4-2 record heading back home for a game against the Titans (a game I think they too will win).

You're welcome.

Thank You Thank You Applause GIF by Warner Archive

I've said this before. The success of this season is not nec. going to be determined by the Jets wining the division or beating the really tough teams they face. It will be about winning all the OTHER games and making sure they secure a spot in the playoffs. Just get in. Get to 10 or 11 wins. They can do it without beating the Bills, they can do it without beating the Vikings. They need to beat teams like the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jaguars, Seahawks (at home), Steelers, Colts, Pats. If Rodgers and that o-line remain healthy, these are all games they should win. If they do, it puts them at 11 wins, even if they get swept by the Bills and lose to the Vikings, Rams and Texans. 

I see you have been down this road before

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The Ravens suck and the Bills are the best team in the league

Agreed but Bills are pretty notorious for fast starts and then turn into crap at the 3/4th point. But yeah, look good right now, almost as good as the Sam Darnold led Vikings. LOL

9 hours ago, Trotter said:

so if this was the final week of the season and the Jets win and the Bills lose, the Jets would win the East because of the tie breaker,

@Joe W. Namath would be correct  - maybe not the choice of the word sole - but he would technically be correct.

See my response in bold.  

• Upvote 1

Thing with tie-breakers is that you don't always have control over them.

2 teams can be tied, with Team A on top of Team B because of tie-breakers. Both teams win out but Team B comes out on top.

Sole possession implies - at least to me - that if you win out you are guaranteed to win the division. You control your own destiny. When tie-breakers are still involved, you don't necessarily have that.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Thing with tie-breakers is that you don't always have control over them.

2 teams can be tied, with Team A on top of Team B because of tie-breakers. Both teams win out but Team B comes out on top.

Sole possession implies - at least to me - that if you win out you are guaranteed to win the division. You control your own destiny. When tie-breakers are still involved, you don't necessarily have that.

But you do have that.  If the Jets and Bills won out, only the Jets would be undefeated in the AFC.  So they would win the division.

Stop trying to fight it Jets fans!  In 3 days, he Jets will have sole possession of 1st place in the AFC East.

Accept it and enjoy it!

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

The answer would be no, he quit as captain as soon as things got tough. As far as the argument about sole possession, the only time a tie breaker comes into play is at the end of the season, to uh, break ties.

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Joejet said:

The answer would be no, he quit as captain as soon as things got tough. As far as the argument about sole possession, the only time a tie breaker comes into play is at the end of the season, to uh, break ties.

You guys are rough

i an simply trying to help the guy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m going nuts already with the Mets and hurricane disaster MLB put on them 🙈

dont get me started with that. its like MLB is conspiring to have the Mets either miss the playoffs or get beat in the WC.

how the hell is that fair to play a doubleheader on Monday and then if we win go cross country to play SD the next night. there is no excuse as to why they didnt play 2 on the pass Monday. or go to a neutral site like the NFL does.

makes me so mad!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I was a week off on this.  The bills will get whacked tonight as I predicted.

Next week, the jets will beat the vikings and the bills will lose @Houston.

Sole possession b!tches!!!!

All jokes aside, the AFC and nfl in general seem completely wide open this year. Outside of the Chiefs who is really feared in the AFC? They also just lost Rice and Brown for the year and Pacheco is out for 8 weeks. Every team including the Jets are dealing with issues, let’s see if they can work thru them, it’s not even October yet. If they’re clicking in December that’s all that matters. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I was a week off on this.  The bills will get whacked tonight as I predicted.

Next week, the jets will beat the vikings and the bills will lose @Houston.

Sole possession b!tches!!!!

In other words, you're predicting to where the NFL is going

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

All jokes aside, the AFC and nfl in general seem completely wide open this year. Outside of the Chiefs who is really feared in the AFC? They also just lost Rice and Brown for the year and Pacheco is out for 8 weeks. Every team including the Jets are dealing with issues, let’s see if they can work thru them, it’s not even October yet. If they’re clicking in December that’s all that matters. 

Vikings are 4-0 and riding high after beating their division rivals.  A prime spot for them to have a stinker.

All week we will hear how minnesota is going to crush us.

Lets see how it goes next week.  Im not writing us off just yet.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This thread aged well

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was one week off.  Why do you think vegas has us as only 2.5 point dogs vs the Vikes?  The vikes should at minimum be a 7 point favorite over us.  Vegas thinks we are going to play very well on Sunday.

We will still be in sole possession of 1st place but I was a week off.

The Jets will beat the vikes in London and the Bills will get whacked by the texans in houston.

Accept it jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WTF? 1

I was one week off.  Why do you think vegas has us as only 2.5 point dogs vs the Vikes?  The vikes should at minimum be a 7 point favorite over us.  Vegas thinks we are going to play very well on Sunday.
We will still be in sole possession of 1st place but I was a week off.
The Jets will beat the vikes in London and the Bills will get whacked by the texans in houston.
Accept it jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A decade from now.

I was 10 years off but the Jets will beat the Jaguars and the Titans will be throttling the Bills.

Accept it Jets fans!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app