Rodgers suggests Saleh hold players accountable

AFJF

5 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

So our only hope was to have a QB who can outrun the poor protection? 

K.

it helps but the thing is zach was pretty good at playground ball.  rodgers needs his receivers at particular spots each day and it's pretty clear the receivers aren't hitting those spots.

14 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think there’s an unspoken rift growing between Rodgers and Saleh.

Rodgers demands intelligent play and accountability, which is entirely anthithetical to Saleh’s loser-ish DNA.

It was all Kum-bay-yah in the offseason with a 0-0 record.

But unlike classic loser Saleh, Rodgers is a  prideful guy.

He doesn’t want to go out like this.

This dichotomy creates mixed messaging for guys like Breece and GW.

On one hand, their HC demands nothing from them and does nothing but praise them before they’ve accomplished anything in the league, while they’ve got a QB unafraid to call them out for not getting their f—ing act together.

Saleh is clearly over his head.  Rodgers has shat all over all of his HC's.   I can't get made at Saleh for being incompetent.  I'm surprised that JD accepts it when his job is on the line.   However Rodgers came here to avoid accountability and now that he isn't good enough to carry the team he's bitching.  This is exactly why Green Bay dumped him.

Rodgers had intelligent play and accountability in Green Bay.  He shot his way out and they were thrilled to accomodate him.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think there’s an unspoken rift growing between Rodgers and Saleh.

Rodgers demands intelligent play and accountability, which is entirely anthithetical to Saleh’s loser-ish DNA.

It was all Kum-bay-yah in the offseason with a 0-0 record.

But unlike classic loser Saleh, Rodgers is a  prideful guy.

He doesn’t want to go out like this.

This dichotomy creates mixed messaging for guys like Breece and GW.

On one hand, their HC demands nothing from them and does nothing but praise them before they’ve accomplished anything in the league, while they’ve got a QB unafraid to call them out for not getting their f—ing act together.

Rodgers looked pissed at Breece yesterday (several times), but especially on the last offensive play, he had to eat a sack because Breece was being a space cadet instead of picking up the blitzers on the left side like he was supposed to....

It's going to get old really quick when Saleh and Hackett keep trotting him out there when his head is clearly not in the game and he's being a liability like yesterday

6 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Rodgers looked pissed at Breece yesterday (several times), but especially on the last offensive play, he had to eat a sack because Breece was being a space cadet instead of picking up the blitzers on the left side like he was supposed to....

It's going to get old really quick when Saleh and Hackett keep trotting him out there when his head is clearly not in the game and he's being a liability like yesterday

That play where breece went inside instead of blocking the edge blitzer was unreal.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

it helps but the thing is zach was pretty good at playground ball.  rodgers needs his receivers at particular spots each day and it's pretty clear the receivers aren't hitting those spots.

Rodgers threw several passes yesterday nowhere near where his receivers were.  Maybe Rodgers, especially Rodgers under pressure, is part of that problem too.  It's easy to blame the WR's when the QB is a future HOF'er, but our HOF'er may just be looking his age at this point and not be quite so accurate in his under-pressure-passes as we might have hoped.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rodgers threw several passes yesterday nowhere near where his receivers were.  Maybe Rodgers, especially Rodgers under pressure, is part of that problem too.  It's easy to blame the WR's when the QB is a future HOF'er, but our HOF'er may just be looking his age at this point and not be quite so accurate in his under-pressure-passes as we might have hoped.

To be fair the ball was slipping out of both qbs hands a bit.  

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did you call the cops?

Nope.  Just alerted the mods via the provided forum tools so they could deal with an obvious not permitted topic post before it gets out of hand and the thread gets locked.

Why, you want to get all politics Matt?  Think that, of all things, is a good idea for this community today?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Reported. 

Not sure what on earth made you think politics was a good idea today, as pissed off as so many of us are after yesterday's debacle. 

Oh no not reported.  To reiterate I am very very very very sorry for this colossal breach of sports bulletin board posting.  I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me just this one time so you can focus more of your time on reporting jay walkers. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Oh no not reported.  To reiterate I am very very very very sorry for this colossal breach of sports bulletin board posting.  I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me just this one time so you can focus more of your time on reporting jay walkers. 

We don't have a lot of rules here.  One of them is No Politics.  Which you clearly are aware of, but yet you could not resist.  

We will see you in a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Not sure if anyone has rewatched the Denver TD play, but the defense blew the coverage.

Just another example of a mental error by the team yesterday.

I also thought Sherwood was caught in some bad spots yesterday, I think on that play as well.

Carter is we ticked off at someone 

2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Not sure if anyone has rewatched the Denver TD play, but the defense blew the coverage.

I also thought Sherwood was caught in some bad spots yesterday, I think on that play as well.

Rewatching would be tantamount to torture.

All I know is Sutton looked all alone in the end zone.

Don’t think there was a defender even on the screen.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson and Hall are immature and the staff is obviously worried about their feelings. Gardner too. 

Those 3 guys look like lifeless aliens.

It’s unreal.

Maybe this is the effect of Saleh being more involved in the offense.

Who is the Jets’ WR coach?  Sean Jefferson?  Wasn’t he on Gase’s coaching staff?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Vader said:

seriously. get in on the hard count or get off the field 

shouldnt the O hear these hard counts in their sleep by now? have they drilled enough?
i'm with AR but if he knew they were not prepped on it he is complicit. its game 4 btw.
[ ps - skipped 5 pages tldr if covered already]

10 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

As per the norm, this team needs the defense to be absolutely perfect every single play to give us any sort of chance to get a win. I am willing to allow one instance of busted coverage. It happens. Someone slips. Someone trips. It happens.

The defense allowed their QB throw for 60 yards. 60. And we lost to that QB.

Scoring 3 FGs at home after 9 days to prepare is inexcusable for an offense.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Those 3 guys look like lifeless aliens.

It’s unreal.

Maybe this is the effect of Saleh being more involved in the offense.

Who is the Jets’ WR coach?  Sean Jefferson?  Wasn’t he on Gase’s coaching staff?

They’re not getting pushed by anyone. I think the culture extends way beyond Saleh but everyone is seemingly cutting corners. 

18 hours ago, David Harris said:

Take my two sons to a game every year for their birthday.  Didn’t want to wait for cold weather. Rain was supposed to stop. 

cold, wet, expensive, absolutely miserable experience. Same Old Jets performance.  The team just sucks the life out of you. 

Yesterday was the first Jets game I've gone to since right after my dad died. I was feeling optimistic about the team, really wanted to experience something exciting in person. Like you said, rain was supposed to stop before the game.

Between the traffic, the cost, the rain, and the utterly pathetic on field performance it might be the worst experience I've ever had at a Jets game. You couldn't pay me to relive it.

• Sympathy 2