**** OFFICIAL JETS v VIKINGS RETURN TO GLORY GAME THREAD ****

Pac

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to defend Saleh, but his defense is good enough to win these games but Hackett and Rodgers are outright killing this team. *YES SALEH COACHES THE WHOLE TEAM,* but he had to get Hackett to get Rodgers and it’s those two who are killing this season. 

Postgame guys saying the first several drives were strictly scripted, like that was  "the plan". Scary that is what they must've planned and practiced all week. Total garbage. SOMEBODY -the head coach?-should have a kill switch to say, guys, this is sheet, start doing other stuff. Can't start every game in a hole like this. And it's been the MO for Saleh's tenure, regardless of QB. 

• Upvote 1

Not to defend Saleh, but his defense is good enough to win these games but Hackett and Rodgers are outright killing this team. *YES SALEH COACHES THE WHOLE TEAM,* but he had to get Hackett to get Rodgers and it’s those two who are killing this season. 

Rodgers is definitely not playing up to par but they have zero running game. They have to be able to run the ball. We don’t have a Don Coryell OC. I just don’t understand why they can’t run.l the ball. They are done if they don’t run. 

• Upvote 3

I know what you're saying and there's truth to it but I still don't buy it.  A better HC gets more out of this team.  That said, Joe Douglas needs to be called out for not building a better OL.  THAT is the real problem with this team.  Jim Harbaugh has it right.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Its a waste of assets.

Adams doesn't dramatically change this teams fortunes. It's just more delusions.

No why idea why this foolish idea keeps being repeated and asked for.

Keep the pick(s).

All off season we hear about how this is a top 5 roster now we need to trade for another WR? 

Ride the season out. Fire this clueless regime. Hopefully Rodgers retires.

nah. Quitting on this season is premature. You try to win this year. Adams helps that.

if it doesn't work out a 3rd round pick in 2025 isn't going to be the difference maker in a rebuild. The Jets suck at rebuilding, not sure why people are so excited to try that again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know what you're saying and there's truth to it but I still don't buy it.  A better HC gets more out of this team.  That said, Joe Douglas needs to be called out for not building a better OL.  THAT is the real problem with this team.  Jim Harbaugh has it right.

But doesnt the Oline on paper look ok? Something is off here. 

Just now, Barton said:

Its not Aarons fault, folks.

Hackett is abysmal, the WRs arent on the same page with Aaron and Saleh is not a real head coach who can right the ship.

Plain and simple. 

It’s Aaron’s offense dude. Aaron is playing like a bottom 5 QB this season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barton said:

Its not Aarons fault, folks.

Hackett is abysmal, the WRs arent on the same page with Aaron and Saleh is not a real head coach who can right the ship.

Plain and simple. 

I don’t think he’s washed. He can still do it all. 

Hackett gets out schemed every week.  You see what OConnell does with Jefferson. Constantly trying to get him open. 

Nothing is done with this offense like that.  It’s the same predictable sh*t every week. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Postgame guys saying the first several drives were strictly scripted, like that was  "the plan". Scary that is what they must've planned and practiced all week. Total garbage. SOMEBODY -the head coach?-should have a kill switch to say, guys, this is sheet, start doing other stuff. Can't start every game in a hole like this. And it's been the MO for Saleh's tenure, regardless of QB. 

I don’t think they have “other stuff.” Rodgers runs what he wants to run. LaFleur got him to run other stuff and it resulted in two MVPs, then Rodgers used those MVPs to big-balls LaFleur and let him go back to running “his” offense, which was the 2022 season, which looks exactly like what we’re getting now. It was the same thing in 22—poor Aaron with these young receivers who don’t know where to go. Now LaFleur is getting elite production with those receivers and Jordan love and Garrett Wilson is putting up Randall Cobb numbers

6 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Rodgers is definitely not playing up to par but they have zero running game. They have to be able to run the ball. We don’t have a Don Coryell OC. I just don’t understand why they can’t run.l the ball. They are done if they don’t run. 

I saw a breakdown of the Jets offense and basically the run game doesn’t work because Rodgers is calling the game at the line of scrimmage and he always checks to the same two run plays. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The reason Rodgers is so high on Hackett, I think, is because Hackett’s deficiencies allow Rodgers to create on the field in the moment.  But playing to Rodgers’ ego is hurting this team.  We need a real, creative OC.  One that knows how to develop schemes that maximizes the very real and considerable talent on this offense.

• Upvote 1