Adams immediately agrees to a new contract.

Cant wait till this time next year when adams wants out after rodgers retires after our 8 win season and joey D has the cap liability for a few more years.
Episode-85.jpg
Joe D has been invisible ... I think he may be a possibility he is already gone....either by his own volition or handshake walk away deal.

Hope I'm wrong ... GM could be way worse.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Joe D has been invisible ... I think he may be a possibility he is already gone....either by his own volition or handshake walk away deal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that I've ever heard of an NFL exec going out on secret garden leave. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I do think next year will be the final year of this “all-in” experiment. JD will probably get a 1 year extension to see it through. 

I honestly think Douglas declines a 1-year extension and having a GM on a 1-year deal will dissuade HC candidates this offseason from even interviewing here. I doubt Ulbrich does enough to get hired full time but I am pulling for the guy.

Douglas is either getting a real extension or being let go for an entire new regime, but I think Rodgers stays on for another year or two.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

If Rodgers stays healthy this season I think the addition of Adams all but secures Rodgers return for another year or two. Rodgers’ ego will not allow him to leave a loser….but if his body breaks apart then that’s a different story.

I just wonder who is going to want to coach this situation? Let’s see how we finish our the year….hopefully strong even if we miss the playoffs.

Time is a flat circle...

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not disputing that figure but it requires context. If you are winning most of your games convincingly, not many opportunities for 4th quarter comebacks. I'd like to know his success percentage playing behind in 4th quarter versus other QBs. Not asking you to go fetch that data, just that a raw number without context doesn't sway me much.

I was gonna caveat the statement but I was getting those numbers either way. Rodgers was 3-45 in games where his team trails by 10 or more in the 4th quarter as of last year. 

I’m trying to track down his record in one score games. Because I’m willing to bet it’s not great (relatively).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I was gonna caveat the statement but I was getting those numbers either way. Rodgers was 3-45 in games where his team trails by 10 or more in the 4th quarter as of last year. 

I’m trying to track down his record in one score games. Because I’m willing to bet it’s not great. 

That's a good start but a comparator is necessary to draw any meaningful conclusions.

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly think Douglas declines a 1-year extension and having a GM on a 1-year deal will dissuade HC candidates this offseason from even interviewing here. I doubt Ulbrich does enough to get hired full time but I am pulling for the guy.

Douglas is either getting a real extension or being let go for an entire new regime, but I think Rodgers stays on for another year or two.

I agree about the 1 year deal dissuading a head coach from signing but I think they are punting on that until after this “all-in” fiasco. I could se Ulbrich back next year with a new OC and just let AR run the team until they blow it up in 2026. They are stuck in a weird limbo situation. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree about the 1 year deal dissuading a head coach from signing but I think they are punting on that until after this “all-in” fiasco. I could se Ulbrich back next year with a new OC and just let AR run the team until they blow it up in 2026. They are stuck in a weird limbo situation. 

So... same as it ever was for the J-E-T-S.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but Garrett Wilson is elite. I’ve seen him dominate with all manner of sh*tty QB and it was depressing last night listening to Troy Aikman—who once called Wilson the best young receiver he’s ever seen—question whether Wilson had “regressed.” You look at the Packers receivers now and they all look like #1’s with Jordan Love playing, but they were all dogsh*t pariahs with Rodgers. 
He's not elite until he learns how to beat press coverage

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Kicked a bunch of Adams money into the future because the other WRs he paid to bring in weren’t adequate and the WRs he drafted can’t play with the QB he traded for to replace the megabust QB he drafted and now he’ll use the money he saved this year to maybe pay off the LB he traded for in the offseason who never showed up

Remember when Geno and Sam were mega-busts?  Other than that, though, very good post.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

With Brady, if you were supposed to be at eight yards, you had to get to eight yards because the ball was coming to you consistently. With Rodgers, he wants you to play improv football with him all the time, which takes a long time to figure out. It took Davante two-plus seasons to become an effective receiver in that system. 

Davante was a second round pick at a time where rookie wide receivers took 3 years to develop on average. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Is this after all the cap liabilities you couldn’t wait For that would ruin everything.  We’ve brought on Rodgers and Adams and you can’t stop moaning. 

The Jets are 2-4 right now and are playing the Steelers in the burgh Sunday night.
Serious question… How many wins do you think they’ll end up this season now that they have Adams?

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The amount of disdain i have for Lazard and Tyron Smith is innumerable... 

now i know how Saleh is so hated, once you hate you cant come back.

Lazard is having a good year. leads us in TDs, YPC and catch%. he has had some big catches this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Lazard get the TD's. Adams will get the yards, Wilson the receptions. 

You haven’t been right about one thing with this team all year. Starting with the “this team can’t help but win 10 games with Rodgers after winning 7 with Zach” nonsense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

apparently this trade gives adams a three year contract with the jets.  i am wondering if rodgers is thinking of playing another two season.  could be good especially if jordan is showing promise as the future qb.  and even if he isn't the jets could draft another qb to sit behind rodgers last season.

How do you arrive at that?  The 2 years beyond 2024 are effectively dummy years to defer a portion of this year’s guaranteed salary and now he’ll work on a revised deal beyond this year, total years tbd.

Without any more contract changes, the Jets could walk away after this year with today’s 2024 salary cap deferral effectively accelerating into 2025’s cap.   His Raiders deal had no more guarantees and the Raiders eat the original signing bonus.   Adams is not getting the $35M or so in salary in each of 2025 or 2026 that his Raiders contract had built in past the guaranteed portion (which ends in 2024).

Unless I’m missing something, I believe a new contract will rip up his current 2025-2026 numbers and give him a 1 year extension paying him $20M with additional upside, structured as a bonus that spreads over multiple future dummy years.  

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

My hunch is that Woody still thinks positively of JD, depending on further data (e.g. how this team looks the rest of the way).

And for as bad as JD has been in many respects, I agree that things could get way worse at GM for us.

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

now i know how Saleh is so hated, once you hate you cant come back.

Lazard is having a good year. leads us in TDs, YPC and catch%. he has had some big catches this year.

You’re seeing the limits of human heuristics at work. Fails are much more memorable than successes. It is why statistics as a field was invented.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You haven’t been right about one thing with this team all year. Stating with the “this team can’t help but win 10 games with Rodgers after winning 7 with Zach” nonsense.

Oh, his streak goes back way further than only this year.

• Upvote 3

Rodgers is also severely unclutch. 21 fourth quarter comebacks in his career is low. He’s definitely more comfortable as a front runner. 

Our whole entire fabric, being is to be a front runner.. funny part is it NEVER happens..would love to see the Jets score early and play with a lead. You know the way its supposed to happen

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I went to the owner of my company and told him that I'm willing to take the rest of my salary for the year today.

He called me a hero for being a team player.

So brave 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I feel so bad for the next GM when he has to clean this disaster up.

What disaster?  Adams is effectively on a 1 year deal being paid $960K per game.  So the Jets are on the hook for roughly $10M; 2/3rds cap hit deferred into the dummy years.  

They’ll now look to rip up 2025-2026 and sign him to a realistic extension that might only be 1 year to align with Rodger’s last year.

Trade comp TBD but it doesn’t look egregiously high and has some protections.

The Jets might suck but it likely won’t be because of Rodgers (who played well last night) or Adams.  

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You haven’t been right about one thing with this team all year. Stating with the “this team can’t help but win 10 games with Rodgers after winning 7 with Zach” nonsense.

Season isn't over yet 14 in Green. 

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Remember when Geno and Sam were mega-busts?  Other than that, though, very good post.

Well, Geno was drafted in 2013 and is on his 4th team. He finally got good in what, 2022? 

Sam is also on his 4th team and flamed out in two different starting QB roles before getting an opportunity this year. 

From the perspective of the team that drafted them years ago, they were busts. 

• Upvote 2