Teams inquiring about Garrett Wilson

Rhg1084

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t see how this is a bad thing, other than Rodgers being old. He expects his guys to know the plays. A big Jets issue has been accountability and laziness. 

Romeo Dobbs ghosted the Packers for a week because he was upset at targets. 

do we have any indication that Garrett Wilson is lazy or unaccountable? The scenario being painted here is Rodgers wants to run back the 2021 Packers and the Jets do the dumb thing and ship Wilson out because he wasn't there.

He hated the Packers WR room his last year there. Those guys look pretty good now. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

do we have any indication that Garrett Wilson is lazy or unaccountable? The scenario being painted here is Rodgers wants to run back the 2021 Packers and the Jets do the dumb thing and ship Wilson out because he wasn't there.

He hated the Packers WR room his last year there. Those guys look pretty good now. 

Who did he hate? Dobbs?

im not calling Wilson lazy- he just needs to know the plays and stop leaving his feet. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Who did he hate? Dobbs?

im not calling Wilson lazy- he just needs to know the plays and stop leaving his feet. 

He hated all of them lol. This is just the first thing that popped up on quick Google search, but I remember constant negging on his beloved Mcafee appearances. 

https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/aaron-rodgers-scapegoats-allegedly-frustrated-with-packers-qb/

I dunno if Wilson doesn't know the plays. I think he's not on the same page as Rogers on the mind-meld back shoulder stuff yet. Maybe that's on Wilson but he's got a track record of getting plenty open so I'd like the HOF QB to hit him when he does. There's been some encouraging signs the past 2 weeks. 

With you on leaving his feet tho.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t see how this is a bad thing, other than Rodgers being old. He expects his guys to know the plays. A big Jets issue has been accountability and laziness. 

Rodgers skipped minicamp to go on vacation and then got the head coach fired after he threw game-losing interceptions in back-to-back games. Not sure he's the guy we should be looking to for accountability.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Rodgers skipped minicamp to go on vacation and then got the head coach fired after he threw game-losing interceptions in back-to-back games. Not sure he's the guy we should be looking to for accountability.

Saleh got himself fired. Blaming Rodgers for 3+ years of poor coaching is moronic, but do go on 🤡 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Saleh got himself fired. Blaming Rodgers for 3+ years of poor coaching is moronic, but do go on 🤡 

Saleh had to go. Guy just had no juice and this team right now needs to will itself back into the playoff race. 

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The same minicamp the coach cancelled the year before. I’m not sold on Rodgers operating in good faith, but it’s better than nothing. He should be demanding the guys be in the right spots and knowing the snap count. We know Saleh was not expecting that. Saleh was basically Rod Belding. 

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

FWIW…. two years ago our annual road trip game was GreenBay. We were welcomed by their fans to a huge tailgate. They were very interested in our sordid past of bad drafting, coaches etc but to a person, when we got around to the talk about the Jets trying to get AR after the season, they couldn’t wait to get him the hell out of there. I’m not yalkingy5-10 people here, more like 30-40. And they said the majority of the talk shows callers were the same way. They were fed up with his BS and the circus he brings.And here we are and the Pack hasn’t missed a beat. 

• Upvote 1

A few things here:

This is a "clicks" report. No sources at all. Throw sh*t at the wall and see what sticks.

No one is even inquiring about an in-seasob Wilson trade. Come on.

Could this have come from Wilson's camp? Possibly, but I doubt it. He has 2+ years left on his contract and the Jets don't have to do anything in the foreseeable future.

Personally I wouldn't give Wilson a record setting deal right now. He's not as good as the top guys in the league. He has a world of talent but he has some things that he needs to work on to make him a top guy.

At the end of the day, Wilson may eventually want to leave the Jets depending on the QB situation. But that time isn't now. Nonsense report.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

That is a lot of words for a tweet that was put out there by Schefter to drum up Jets fans and get cheap clicks. 

I guess guys like you get off on a similar dopamine hit but for attention in a forum rather than money, kind of sad.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, very strange. On the one hand, it smacks of Wilson’s camp wanting to seed the ground with rumors that he might be available, which would presumably initiate some movement toward getting him out of here. That, and the part of Schefter’s rumor that acquiring teams would immediately extend him. Does Wilson think that Douglas is going to bone him on dragging out an extension? Seems likely. 

On the other hand, Wilson and Rodgers have beefed a few times already, and Rodgers has open enmity towards young receivers who don’t do exactly what he says. Aikman said two interesting and possibly revealing things last week: 1. Posited that Garrett Wilson had “regressed” and 2. How much “the Jets” love Xavier Gipson. Aikman and Rodgers are pretty good friends, so you have to wonder if Rodgers wouldn’t prefer to go to war with Davante, Lazard, and Gipson, who will all just do what he says. Given that dynamic, and with Woody inserting himself into the running of the team, Wilson is expendable in the short term, and the Jets are all-in on the short term

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s because it’d leave you with a 75% chance that Jordan Travis is throwing to Xavier Gipson and Malachi Corley in 2025.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Originally the guy dragged the Jets on so he could go live in a cave and ponder the meaning of life. Big shocker that the guy that does that turned out to be a gaslighting weasel. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

I wish the Jets could put the 24 Packers on the field.

I hope the Adams acquisition will make GW better, not worse.

I've been lukewarm on GW the past couple years He's not a great fit for the current scheme because he isn't great on fighting for YAC and he wants to improvise which isn't a good fit with Rodgers. He's got a generally sour attitude it seems which may get a lot worse as he loses targets and slides down to the WR2/3 role. I hope having a highly respected WR who has been in GW's spot learning how to be Rodgers's WR1 will help him develop into a crisp route runner.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW…. two years ago our annual road trip game was GreenBay. We were welcomed by their fans to a huge tailgate. They were very interested in our sordid past of bad drafting, coaches etc but to a person, when we got around to the talk about the Jets trying to get AR after the season, they couldn’t wait to get him the hell out of there. I’m not yalkingy5-10 people here, more like 30-40. And they said the majority of the talk shows callers were the same way. They were fed up with his BS and the circus he brings.And here we are and the Pack hasn’t missed a beat. 

The Packers got addition by subtraction along with addition by addition in trade with the NY Jets.   JD would have been fired already if Woody wasn't behind it from the get go.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

On the other hand (third hand??), Rodgers has targeted Wilson 33 times in the last two games.  21 catches, 200+ yards and 2 TDs.  Seems to me they are building chemistry.  Now with Adams in the fold, Wilson won't get double covered and/or the other teams CB1.  If we are all in on this season, which every move seems to indicate, then I can't see any way that they are going to move Wilson. 

Yea, completely agreed on the need to and logic in keeping Wilson. I was just noodling out as to why this Schefter report would appear now. Just very odd in substance and in timing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yea, completely agreed on the need to and logic in keeping Wilson. I was just noodling out as to why this Schefter report would appear now. Just very odd in substance and in timing.

May be nothing more than teams picking up the phone.  We are 2-4.  If we lose tonight, we fall to 2-5 and likely going nowhere.  Why not pick up the phone and gauge our interest.

Hopefully we win tonight and all of this nonsense goes away.  At least for a few days.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

A few things here:

This is a "clicks" report. No sources at all. Throw sh*t at the wall and see what sticks.

No one is even inquiring about an in-seasob Wilson trade. Come on.

Could this have come from Wilson's camp? Possibly, but I doubt it. He has 2+ years left on his contract and the Jets don't have to do anything in the foreseeable future.

Personally I wouldn't give Wilson a record setting deal right now. He's not as good as the top guys in the league. He has a world of talent but he has some things that he needs to work on to make him a top guy.

At the end of the day, Wilson may eventually want to leave the Jets depending on the QB situation. But that time isn't now. Nonsense report.

Having a real OC and a QB committed to winning might help him.