If Tom Brady was the Jets QB...

Blackout

If Brady was the Jets QB this year I would say they would be MUCH better. A lot better. A real lot better.

I will go out on a limb and say they might even reach 8 and 8 with a HOFer like Brady running things!

3-1 at a minimum.

No way we would have lost today.

We probably wouldn't have lost to Baltimore. I'm going out on a limb that Brady in his prime is better than Kellen Clemens in his first NFL start.

Hard to say about game 1. I mean NE wouldn't have had Brady throwing all over the place against us. But if one assumes another homo QB on NE could move down field as say...great QB's like Kyle Boller or Trent Edwards...then NE still would have put up some points. I think Brady might have been able to get more than 2 TD's b/c he's more than zero TD's per game better than Pennington. It would be closer, but I think NE would have still won.

But we'd be 3-1.

Game 1, lets say we have a clone, NE still has their brady doll, we lose, our oline did NOTHING against the pats, not even brady can thow tds from his back in the dirt. Our Dline gave NE ALL DAY to throw, any mediocre qb will pick you apart with that much time because eventually the best defensive coverage will even break down and a wr or te will get open big time.

WE LOSE, it was NOT QB play that seperated us so much in that game.

Game 2, Baltimore seems to be overated on D a bit as Derek Anderson even lit them up. We had 3 quarters full of nothing from clemens, Brady would have been more productive in those three quarters.

WE WIN, but I also feel CP would have won if he were in there.

Game 3, interesting, i am too lazy to look it up now, but it seems that miami has brady's number, i mean even when we whip the phins they seem to at least tie up with NE splitting games.

WE LOSE-In a game that was really close and considering for some reaon brady doesn't do great with the fish, i say he doesn't get it done

Game 4, Brady would have taken that drive at the end, his biggest attribute is that he is clutch in the end. The bills are bad enough that even with all our other problems, we were 3 points away, brady would have at least gotten nuge a second chance at redemption.

We WIN

So 2-2, an improvement for sure, but not so much as people would think. Our issue is not qb as much as it is other things.

WE would be 4-0 because he wouldn't have been NE's qb in game 1. You can bet Brady would have rallied us past Buffalo yesterday and he probably would have beaten the Ravens with 4 good qtrs instead of the 1 good one Clemens gave us.

If Chad Pennington did gift wrap Buffalo 7 points the defense would've only let up 10 points yesterday.

Does anyone remember the 04 season when we played the seahawks at home when Alexander was an absolute bull and the D stopped them at the goal line for what was like 8 downs because of penalties? Man, that is when we had a defense. It was 3 years ago 124, you may not have been there since you probably didn't have a drivers license at the time, lol.

Does anyone remember the 04 season when we played the seahawks at home when Alexander was an absolute bull and the D stopped them at the goal line for what was like 8 downs because of penalties? Man, that is when we had a defense. It was 3 years ago 124, you may not have been there since you probably didn't have a drivers license at the time, lol.

I havn't missed a home game since 1994 so you're wrong on that one there buddy.:)

You do not win NFL games by scoring 14 points unless you have the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens or 03 Bucs defenses. Also, in that Seattle game, in case you forgot, didn't the Jets put up 30+ points? I believe they did.

I havn't missed a home game since 1994 so you're wrong on that one there buddy.:)

You do not win NFL games by scoring 14 points unless you have the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens or 03 Bucs defenses. Also, in that Seattle game, in case you forgot, didn't the Jets put up 30+ points? I believe they did.

Yes they did, there were flying wounded ducks all over the field, lol.

I am just saying, we had a good defense then, we are not even close to that now. There is near zero chance this defense could survive 3 goal line downs against the giants backup rb, let alone a Shawn Alexander bull rush.

Yes they did, there were flying wounded ducks all over the field, lol.

I am just saying, we had a good defense then, we are not even close to that now. There is near zero chance this defense could survive 3 goal line downs against the giants backup rb, let alone a Shawn Alexander bull rush.

Hey, Dicky J made a nice call with Edwards to Gaines on 4th & Goal. The defense did one hell of a job yesterday man.

Hey, Dicky J made a nice call with Edwards to Gaines on 4th & Goal. The defense did one hell of a job yesterday man.

The D-line is part of the defense, and they didn't do anything really to stop anyone, sorry. I am not going to say giving up ONLY 17 points is a hell of a job.

Dude, go read all the stories written about yesterday, most of them are not about chad being run out of town, but about how this defense just does not work. I don't think anyone can discount that by just saying all the writers are stupid.

Archived