Anyone Else Bothered That Mangini Is Giving The Team Off UNtil Wednesday

jetsrule128

This is where it starts, an extra day off while the competition is practicing and getting better. Laissez faire leads to complacency, I'd rather have my guys practicing than in the A/C watching T.V.

you don't get Laissez faire following a 4-10 season...just keep reaching, the pain will be over soon

Compared to his last two training camps this has been Club Med in the tradition of Herm.

But when you look at the results I believe the Jets had less major injuries than

most teams this TC. If you read KFFL regularly it reads like war reports.

The only starters or key players that have major injuries are Clowney and Miller.

And they should be back in the near future. Coles is also nursing a leg injury

but you know he will play anyway.

So maybe Mang knows what he is doing.

I know they have to move into Florham Park

but can't they practice somewhere else until wednesday ?

I mean it's opening week and they have not practiced since last wednesday

Who knows more about this team and football in general -you or coach Mangini-I rest my case.

Its nice to see Mangino is carrying on the tradition started by Herman Edwards.

Thers lots of good golf left.

Not worried at all. Normal week during reg season goes like this..

Sunday...gameday

Monday...review tape of previous game

Tuesday...off day

Wednesday...practice

Thursday...practice

Friday...practice

Saturday...travel day, final practice/team meeting

So this is just to get them on their normal schedule and some rest

Why be worried? They are studying for the Phins Im sure and you dont practice on MOnday anyways... so the maybe lose tuesday... no big deal....

Not to mention Im sure they already practiced for the Phins last week.

Why be worried? They are studying for the Phins Im sure and you dont practice on MOnday anyways... so the maybe lose tuesday... no big deal....

Not to mention Im sure they already practiced for the Phins last week.

They dont lose Tuesday...Tuesday is the off day in the NFL. Most players use the weightroom/practice with their trainers... but no team activities.

And for mondays they review tape on there previous game...im pretty sure they reviewed the iggles game already

This is where it starts, an extra day off while the competition is practicing and getting better. Laissez faire leads to complacency, I'd rather have my guys practicing than in the A/C watching T.V.

Says the guy whose team has Ricky Williams on it.

non issue. hardly causes a ripple in their schedule. more of an issue is how well they transition to the new facility.

BWAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

Who cares. we can practice on the boardwalk in Keansburgh and beat the Dolphins by 30 points. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! In fact. We should let the dolphins have 12 men on offense and defense. then we might only win by a touchdown! Bwahahahaha!

There are better things to worry about than the jets getting a few days off.

It was hard to figure out what the gap was initially. They kept mentioning the last practice in Hofstra last week. Then they wouldn't open up in Florham Park for another week. Just kind of weird how it broke down with the Thurs preseason finale and the Sunday opening game for the regular season.

I completely trust this staff, so whatever they think is best. I am going to trust that we won't see winded players in the 2nd half like in the good old days though. That would bother me.

BWAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

Who cares. we can practice on the boardwalk in Keansburgh and beat the Dolphins by 30 points. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! In fact. We should let the dolphins have 12 men on offense and defense. then we might only win by a touchdown! Bwahahahaha!

There are better things to worry about than the jets getting a few days off.

has everyone forgot that the jets are a 4-12 team? Jets are nowhere near being contenders.

They usually get the day off on Monday anyway during a normal week, and practice wed-friday. it's not that big of a deal. they'll need their rest for the heat in Miami I guess.

Tuesday is the off day in a normal NFL week. It's part of the CBA. Mondays practice does occur sometimes...

No. After W's during the regular season the team is always off until Wednesday in most organizations. He's taking it like a regular week. I'm sure the team has been game planning some for Miami since last week if not the week before that.

What giving the team off to Wed. says to me is, that Mangini is Quite pleased with the Effot he has gotten from his team during the Preseason & feels pretty good about that team going into week. 1 ,now all we have to hope is the players use the extra time with their family`s & setting up in flourm park and not useing the extra time going out & getting into trouble over the holiday week end.

Your guys are all trying to avoid the drug tests. :)

BZ

Archived