How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

This thread really was a classic. Although I still want to know who the hell that former Jets DB was that I allegedly got into it with. I don't discount the possibility that it happened, but there are also about 1000 different users with varying versions of this as their SN, so it would be interesting to verify. Besides, if it really did happen then I want details damn it.

Aaron Glenn, BG. You told Aaron Glenn he knows nothing about football.

2004 played against Percy Harvin in the VA divison 6 state championship game: Robinson HS vs Landstown. he shit all over us white boys to the tune of 5 tds and a 47-20 final. good times. no Pro sports for me tho 

So you admit that you aren't qualified like us professional athletes are?  :)

Played a lot of two hand touch in streets of Queens, New York. You know - buttonhook at the sewer, square out in front of the red car, stop and go at the fire hydrant. But I'm not intimidated by the ex-players on this forum who mixed it up with Percy Harvin and Aaron Glenn. Just try to learn from them....

• Upvote 3

I just hired a kid that played safety for UVA.  He told me they played USC and Sanchez pumped faked him out of his shoes for a TD to Patrick Turner.  I immediately rescinded the offer but I feel like by osmosis, I know more about what goes on in the lockerroom, practice and field than anyone else on the board. 

I just hired a kid that played safety for UVA.  He told me they played USC and Sanchez pumped faked him out of his shoes for a TD to Patrick Turner.  I immediately rescinded the offer but I feel like by osmosis, I know more about what goes on in the lockerroom, practice and field than anyone else on the board. 

Between that and your fade away jumper I would say you are the authority.

I don't know what any of this has to do with anything.  Every sport and team is different.  Are there similarities?  Of course, but a team like the Seahawks have some common bond and are friends, there are other teams where the offense hates the defense and vice versa, there are other teams where you have the Dolphins bully crap,  and other teams where it's just a job for most of the players.    And today it's far different than the 60's or 70's or 80's.      

And for every player it's different.  A nobody who never plays and will struggle to just stay above the practice squad or d-league is going to have a far different experience than a guy like RG3 or Lebron or Gretzky or Jeter and so on.        And it's like anything in life,  the sports locker room and sports teams doesn't suddenly make everybody love one another or be friends.   They have their cliques, their buddies, the guys they hang out with and the guys they just play with.    And being a good player doesn't make you a good coach or owner.    Hell look at Jordan.  He pretty much sucks as a GM & Owner.  But hey, he was the greatest ever so he should just be great at the next level.    He pretty much sucked as a mentor in Wizard land as well.  You could say the same thing about many of these guys.

It's the same theory for assistants and so on.  Some assistants are great OC or DC or what not and suck as head coaches.  Other guys are great HC, but weren't the geniuses as OC or DC.     I do agree most of the media and reporters are kind of useless, but many of them are actually in half these locker rooms half the time, the ones who are known as 'beat' reporters, so they probably have far more knowledge what a locker room is like than some single A baseball player who last played in 1992.   And again, every team is different.     

If you were on the Met's back in the 80's your dugout was far different than the Red Sox recently who was far different than the Red Sox from 04 who were far different from the Yankees who made Giambi cut his hair and so on.    There is some common 'sports' themes that go on, but in general, every damn team and locker room is far different.  And it's definitely far more different if you're team is winning or losing.    ANd it's far different for the super stars compared to the guys who might rarely play.

It's a dumb argument.  I mean two players,  one who played for Rex and the Jets over the past 5 years will have a far different perspective than somebody who played for BB and the Pats.   And both players would be right.   Hell,  an offensive player on the Jets compared to a Defensive player might have entirely different perspectives as well.   That's just life.   There is no such thing as some blanket "everything is the same' across the board crap.

I don't know what any of this has to do with anything.  Every sport and team is different.  Are there similarities?  Of course, but a team like the Seahawks have some common bond and are friends, there are other teams where the offense hates the defense and vice versa, there are other teams where you have the Dolphins bully crap,  and other teams where it's just a job for most of the players.    And today it's far different than the 60's or 70's or 80's.      

And for every player it's different.  A nobody who never plays and will struggle to just stay above the practice squad or d-league is going to have a far different experience than a guy like RG3 or Lebron or Gretzky or Jeter and so on.        And it's like anything in life,  the sports locker room and sports teams doesn't suddenly make everybody love one another or be friends.   They have their cliques, their buddies, the guys they hang out with and the guys they just play with.    And being a good player doesn't make you a good coach or owner.    Hell look at Jordan.  He pretty much sucks as a GM & Owner.  But hey, he was the greatest ever so he should just be great at the next level.    He pretty much sucked as a mentor in Wizard land as well.  You could say the same thing about many of these guys.

It's the same theory for assistants and so on.  Some assistants are great OC or DC or what not and suck as head coaches.  Other guys are great HC, but weren't the geniuses as OC or DC.     I do agree most of the media and reporters are kind of useless, but many of them are actually in half these locker rooms half the time, the ones who are known as 'beat' reporters, so they probably have far more knowledge what a locker room is like than some single A baseball player who last played in 1992.   And again, every team is different.     

If you were on the Met's back in the 80's your dugout was far different than the Red Sox recently who was far different than the Red Sox from 04 who were far different from the Yankees who made Giambi cut his hair and so on.    There is some common 'sports' themes that go on, but in general, every damn team and locker room is far different.  And it's definitely far more different if you're team is winning or losing.    ANd it's far different for the super stars compared to the guys who might rarely play.

It's a dumb argument.  I mean two players,  one who played for Rex and the Jets over the past 5 years will have a far different perspective than somebody who played for BB and the Pats.   And both players would be right.   Hell,  an offensive player on the Jets compared to a Defensive player might have entirely different perspectives as well.   That's just life.   There is no such thing as some blanket "everything is the same' across the board crap.

So you're saying you never played pro sports.

• 7 months later...