How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

aec4

Have you played professional sports?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played professional sports?

Before you guys criticize my opinions, answer this:

How many of you have played professional sports? I have.. so until you do, i don't think you guys know what's going on in a locker room, during practice, or during a game.

So... not being able to handle criticism is a direct result of you playing "professional" sports?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
:rl::rl:

I just started reading the first two pages and Im already getting weird looks for my supressed laughter.

If only we could bump the DWC mod thread.....

Is it locked?

Send me a link and I will unlock it...

• 1 month later...
Patriotic bump. :-) Don't any of youse guys blow your arms off.

I saw on the new crawler that someone in NY did... I guess we'll find out if it was anyone here when someone starts spelling without using "A, S, D or F"

How many of you have played professional sports? I have.. so until you do, i don't think you guys know what's going on in a locker room, during practice, or during a game.

Wowzers, you must be really good then, mister!

Internet-Warrior.jpg

• Upvote 2

I've seen so many reruns of Hard Knocks on the NFLN preparing for the new season featuring the Jets, that I think though I've never played a professional sports, I can officially be a subject matter expert on what goes on in locker room and what it takes to make it as a professional athlete.

Edited by JiF

Wow, so which side of the glory hole were you on?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

See, I won't lie to people. I'm not a pro athlete, currently I think I'm just an above-average player, and I think I'll most likely go DII or JUCO, and hopefully transfer to D1 after two years.In all honesty, I want to see if there really ARE pro athletes here, just they need PROOF.

Just read this entire thread. A few thoughts:

1. Class A baseball = Professional? Any game that includes a "dizzy bat race", "name that 80's sitcom" and "which hat is the ball under?" contest should never be considered "professional". I'm sure every young athlete dreams of getting to go to great cities like Portland, Kansas City, and Mobile coupled with that $25,000 salary.

2. I demand an investigation on all 58 JN posters who answered "yes" to the poll question. I want to know who these athletes are and the names of their coaches, so I can inform them of how many hours their players are wasting on the internet. It would be the end to JetNation, but the ends would be justified.

3. How did I miss this thread? This has to go down as the greatest of all-time.

• Upvote 1