22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It won't happen.

Denver is NOT trading Cutler. They were willing to discuss it when their new coach (Pats offensive coordinator) was about to be reunited with his old QB (Matt Cassell). They already stated that they will NOT be trading him for draft picks.

The coach was willing to move him for his old QB, not for some random could-be-bust rookie.

Denver is NOT trading Cutler. They were willing to discuss it when their new coach (Pats offensive coordinator) was about to be reunited with his old QB (Matt Cassell). They already stated that they will NOT be trading him for draft picks.

The coach was willing to move him for his old QB, not for some random could-be-bust rookie.

Bingo, Cutler can piss and moan all he wants. It'll be career suicide for the new HC.

that's my concern with him

not much happening between the ears

There is enough happening that he can read defenses well enough to light up a scoreboard.

I think the chances of us getting him are 0%, but he is a hell of a QB.

There is enough happening that he can read defenses well enough to light up a scoreboard.

True.

The thing is, though, he only signed a 5 year rookie contract right? Thus, he only has 2009 and 2010 on his deal left.

Demanding a trade is silly. What he should tell them is that he won't sign an extension, plans to go UFA when he can, and will not re-sign with them. Have a good year in 2009 and the Broncos will be ****ting bricks because they know they'll have to franchise him just to keep him. With that, the Broncos may be more open to trading him going into 2010.

True.

The thing is, though, he only signed a 5 year rookie contract right? Thus, he only has 2009 and 2010 on his deal left.

Demanding a trade is silly. What he should tell them is that he won't sign an extension, plans to go UFA when he can, and will not re-sign with them. Have a good year in 2009 and the Broncos will be ****ting bricks because they know they'll have to franchise him just to keep him. With that, the Broncos may be more open to trading him going into 2010.

Or maybe he's baking on McDaniel displaying thw same type of arrogance that Mangini did when he first got a gig, that it's the "Patriots way" that wins games, not the players..

If this was Mangini there's no doubt in my mind he'd trade Cutler thinking he can win based onsolely on the brilliance of his schemes..

yeah, this will be much ado about nothing in the end, but fwiw, he'd be a massive upgrade, but I just see him as a guy who is a big time tease

look at his game splits from '08

lousy down the stretch, and had 2 big time games, VS clev and SD

True.

Im pretty sure he is under contract until 2011.

Or maybe he's baking on McDaniel displaying thw same type of arrogance that Mangini did when he first got a gig, that it's the "Patriots way" that wins games, not the players..

If this was Mangini there's no doubt in my mind he'd trade Cutler thinking he can win based onsolely on the brilliance of his schemes..

Perhaps. If he thinks McDaniel's is that stupid. But wanting to trade Cassel for Cutler is stupid, so who knows?

Cutler has some leverage, but whining about what happened and demanding a trade doesn't help it. He has to hurt the Broncos financially and refusing any extension talks does that.

yeah, this will be much ado about nothing in the end, but fwiw, he'd be a massive upgrade, but I just see him as a guy who is a big time tease

look at his game splits from '08

lousy down the stretch, and had 2 big time games, VS clev and SD

Hes not really a tease he just needs to grow up. His coach did him a great disservice by placing him into the starting lineup in 2006 and then going wild calling him the next Elway every chance he got. He also needs to learn about being a leader of a team and not the arrogant kid on the bench. Right now he is Joey Harrington or JP Losman with 1000X the talent. Once Cutler learns that the goal of every game is not just throwing for 300 yards hes going to be great.

Jason, he signed a 6 year deal? I thought he signed a 5 year deal as the 11th overall pick.

Let me check out the NFLPA details. I would think as a QB the team signed him for 6....Yes he is under contract in 2011 according to the players association.

Hes not really a tease he just needs to grow up. His coach did him a great disservice by placing him into the starting lineup in 2006 and then going wild calling him the next Elway every chance he got. He also needs to learn about being a leader of a team and not the arrogant kid on the bench. Right now he is Joey Harrington or JP Losman with 1000X the talent. Once Cutler learns that the goal of every game is not just throwing for 300 yards hes going to be great.

can't ever question his talent

but he's 25 now, and the maturity still being an issue is kinda lame on his part. he's got some ryan leaf in him, and sometimes that takes decades to go away, I'd be very cautious about trading for him and hoping it happens next year

in NYC, btw

Let me check out the NFLPA details. I would think as a QB the team signed him for 6....Yes he is under contract in 2011 according to the players association.

Cool. I stand corrected. Then he doesn't have as much leverage.

He's definately imature, but McDaniels is an idiot for wanting to make that trade unless he thought he was getting Moss and Welker in the deal.

chiefs get cassell and vrable for a second round.denver wanted cassell.cultler is pissed and demanding a trade.do the chiefs offer cassell for cutler?

i like cutler but i dont know if im sold on cassell.what a steal that would be for the chiefs

do the chiefs offer cassell for cutler?

I think Pioli's doing his new team a disservice if he doesn't at least make a phone call. Not only is Cutler a better QB than Cassel, he'd be motivated as hell in the same division as Denver.

chiefs get cassell and vrable for a second round.denver wanted cassell.cultler is pissed and demanding a trade.do the chiefs offer cassell for cutler?

i like cutler but i dont know if im sold on cassell.what a steal that would be for the chiefs

If i was Chiefs i would try to do it so quick. Cutler is so much better then Cassel and younger. Why are people so high on Cassell? the guy got placed in the best role you can ever be put into.

Archived