Marques Douglas soon to be a JET ?

kukirojas

Marques Douglas-DL-Ravens Mar. 5 - 7:39 pm et

The Jets are believed to be free agent DL Marques Douglas' strongest suitor.

The Broncos and 49ers have also been linked to the versatile backup, but he's said to be a "personal favorite" of Jets coach Rex Ryan Dougla

The Broncos and 49ers have also been linked to the versatile backup, but he's said to be a "personal favorite" of Jets coach Rex Ryan Dougla

I'm all in favour of it if Rex wants him.

I'm glad to see Ryan going after players that are comfortable with his system. Even as a back-up, Douglas will help to make the transition easier. Add that to the fact we've added the team's player with 2nd most tackles and the guy who called the plays for Rex and i think the transition should go pretty smoothly.

He needs another player familiar with his system on that unit.

We already have the LB'ers and the Secondary help. Now we need the Dline.

You cant underestimate that value of having guys that can be on field coaches.

Had decent year in 03 and 04 with Ravens, done crap since with any team. I like Devito at that end spot in the 3-4, plus Rex's D lets Gholston , Pace, and Bthomas play some 4-3 end.

I'm interested in the NT position. Jenkins is always f^%kin tired and We need a DT or two that won't get knock on his a$$ every play, hahaha, I swear, I could make a hilarious highlight reel of Pouha being knocked on his a$$,

290lbs, has like 0 sacks in 3 years, no FF's, no thanks, who clogged that Ravens middle against the run, get him.

Get:

Brandon McKiney

because i must assume that Kelly Gregg is untouchable. That McKiney Guy, nice numbers(what do #'s really say about a NT, all we know he he made tackles, and played on a monster defense as a #2 NT. Any way we could get him, we're talking. Like Pouha and a pick.

we have to find a 3-4 NT back up, one of those freaks. 320 and up.

Had decent year in 03 and 04 with Ravens, done crap since with any team. I like Devito at that end spot in the 3-4, plus Rex's D lets Gholston , Pace, and Bthomas play some 4-3 end.

I'm interested in the NT position. Jenkins is always f^%kin tired and We need a DT or two that won't get knock on his a$$ every play, hahaha, I swear, I could make a hilarious highlight reel of Pouha being knocked on his a$$,

290lbs, has like 0 sacks in 3 years, no FF's, no thanks, who clogged that Ravens middle against the run, get him.

Get:

Brandon McKiney

because i must assume that Kelly Gregg is untouchable. That McKiney Guy, nice numbers(what do #'s really say about a NT, all we know he he made tackles, and played on a monster defense as a #2 NT. Any way we could get him, we're talking. Like Pouha and a pick.

we have to find a 3-4 NT back up, one of those freaks. 320 and up.

The Jets didn't have trouble clogging the middle against the run and 320 lb freaks that do are NOT 3-4 NT back ups. Or cheap. The Ravens just signed Brandon McKinney and he's not going anywhere. Besides he's a journeyman that had less production than Pouha. Kelly Gregg didn't clog anything last year except the whirlpool. He hasn't played in ages. Interesting you brought him up though, because coming off surgery he might end up a cap casualty and I'd be extremely interested in bringing him in as a rotation guy. Of course he has to get cut first and not be completely done.

Every signing does not have to be a starter or a huge contributor. Some guys are just there to compete. There is NO reason to complain until you see the price tag.

What's with the Pouha hate?

6-3, 325

He sucks. That's one thing everybody is right about. The problem is that people want to look at height/weight numbers and decide every fat piece of **** will be a better replacement. There are plenty of guys that suck a hell of a lot harder.

The Jets didn't have trouble clogging the middle against the run and 320 lb freaks that do are NOT 3-4 NT back ups. Or cheap. The Ravens just signed Brandon McKinney and he's not going anywhere. Besides he's a journeyman that had less production than Pouha. Kelly Gregg didn't clog anything last year except the whirlpool. He hasn't played in ages. Interesting you brought him up though, because coming off surgery he might end up a cap casualty and I'd be extremely interested in bringing him in as a rotation guy. Of course he has to get cut first and not be completely done.

Every signing does not have to be a starter or a huge contributor. Some guys are just there to compete. There is NO reason to complain until you see the price tag.

He sucks. That's one thing everybody is right about. The problem is that people want to look at height/weight numbers and decide every fat piece of **** will be a better replacement. There are plenty of guys that suck a hell of a lot harder.

I agree. I have fond memories of Anthony Pleasant, a nobody Parcells brought in who always used to pop up with important plays in games. I remember wondering why we were bringing this has been in, and voila!

What's with the Pouha hate?

6-3, 325

Adrien Clarke: 6-5, 330

Anthony Clement: 6-8, 333

Darien Barnes: 6-2, 250

Anthony Schlegel: 6-1, 245

Bryan Thomas: 6-4, 266 (4.48 40-time I think)

Vernon Gholston: 6-4, 264 (4.67 40-time)

Jonathan Goodwin: 6-3, 318

Jacob Bender: 6-6, 316

Nate Garner: 6-6, 334

yoda.jpg

"Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

When I saw Grady Jackson sign a three year, $8M deal to play in Detroit (DETROIT!), I wondered where the Jets were looking when that happened. Pretty cheap contract that would've been an excellent rotation man with Jenkins.

When I saw Grady Jackson sign a three year, $8M deal to play in Detroit (DETROIT!), I wondered where the Jets were looking when that happened. Pretty cheap contract that would've been an excellent rotation man with Jenkins.

One would think he would have opted for a starting gig over being a rotational player anyways, even if we slightly beat that price.

I agree. I have fond memories of Anthony Pleasant, a nobody Parcells brought in who always used to pop up with important plays in games. I remember wondering why we were bringing this has been in, and voila!

Pleasant had 11 sacks in 1993 and 8 in 1995. I wouldn't say he was a nobody.

He wasn't a starter for Baltimore. Was he?

Not in 2008, he was a reserve due to the emergence of Justin Bannan.

However from 2003-2007, in those five seasons, he played every single game (as he did in 2008) and started in every single one of those games except two. 2003 & 2004 with Baltimore, 2005-2007 with San Francisco.

His best two statistical number seasons came in 2007 with San Francisco and 2004 with Baltimore:

2007: 71 tackles (55 solo), 3.0 sacks, 3 PD's

2004: 72 tackles (48 solo), 5.5 sacks, 2 PD's

I'm all in favour of it if Rex wants him.

Thai: "you like'em Rex? Me too, Rex, I swear I've always liked that guy--I mean he's terrific, Rex, ain't he Rex? Huh? Huh, Rex?

Rex: "Eh."

Thai " yeah Rex, You're right, of course you're Right! you're always right...Hey Rex you wanna go chase some cars together?"

Rex. "Nah"

Thai: "yeah me neither, Rex, Say Rexie ol' pal, you want I should go catch us a cat for us to lump-up, Rex? We can lump'em real good Rex! We can give'em what-for!"

Rex: "ahh shaddap."

Thai: "shut'n up, Rex."

haha.... everyone's a "personal favorite" of Rex Ryan. Is he bringing his old desk?

See: last post.

:face: Although you sound like a mOron I assume you just missed my and Larz point. Ryan is familiar with Douglas. He coached him , knows his abilities. Douglas knows Rex's system . That's why Rex wants him. Rex knows more about Douglas than I do and a helleva lot more than YOU. I'll go with Rex when it comes to players.

:face: Although you sound like a mOron I assume you just missed my and Larz point. Ryan is familiar with Douglas. He coached him , knows his abilities. Douglas knows Rex's system . That's why Rex wants him. Rex knows more about Douglas than I do and a helleva lot more than YOU. I'll go with Rex when it comes to players.

wait... a guy that spent 10 hours a day with a guy for years knows him better than an innerweb poster who probably hasn't seen more than 3 ravens games in the last 3 years ?

I see where you're going here.....;)

Oh, lick your wounds and take one on the chin once in a while. I don't sound like a moron--because I don't necessarily disagree with you or lars on Douglass. Fact is, I don't care enough about him either way. I was teasing you guys because you are so in love with "REX". You guys are on a first-name basis already and agree with absolutely everything he says and does. I remember when our last coach was the second coming. He even made it on the Sopranos. Now, I have faith in REX too, but lets have him coach a game or two, eh?

And watch it with the moron stuff. That's not something you'll see me post. No humor in it.

Oh, lick your wounds and take one on the chin once in a while. I don't sound like a moron--because I don't necessarily disagree with you or lars on Douglass. Fact is, I don't care enough about him either way. I was teasing you guys because you are so in love with "REX". You guys are on a first-name basis already and agree with absolutely everything he says and does. I remember when our last coach was the second coming. He even made it on the Sopranos. Now, I have faith in REX too, but lets have him coach a game or two, eh?

And watch it with the moron stuff. That's not something you'll see me post. No humor in it.

Thai he's right. Now apologize to him. It was uncalled for.

And lance, go lick Rex's balls until you've seen the light or at least until he says stop.

Archived