Impressions

Cyberjet

Sanchez - good start, need to see more. He did seem to have that 'it' quality.

Ainge - a very nice surprise - good arm and composure. There's potential here.

Woodhead - love the story - he will not make the team.

Greene- disappointing. Not as big or strong as I expected. No way you trade Thomas Jones.

Gholston - there's some light there.

Wright will be the 5th receiver.

Overall I thought the Jets attitude was good - love Ryan's post game comments.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it. He needs a LOT of work still, but he's definitely improved since last year. Buttle said it best: "he needs to get better, but he's 100% better than last season." Which shows you how crappy he was last season, but still.

He also played DE on a lot of downs, so he was tying up blockers rather than rushing the passer. And FWIW, he tied up both the RT and RG on the Harris sack, allowing Harris to run by untouched.

Greene- disappointing. Not as big or strong as I expected. No way you trade Thomas Jones.

i actually feel somewhat opposite on these two points. i think gholston looked incredibly easy to block.....and he was going up against back-ups...i mean seriously, these are guys he should be blowing up. greene had that nice run.....there wasn't much being opened up for him. ainge was a nice surprise......i mean he was going up against back-ups and totbh i could have made that throw to a wide open clowney, but still.....looked better than i thought he would. he'll probly be our back-up to sanchez for a while.

the jets have the worst o-line depth in the NFL

draft keller in the 3rd rd for your fantasy team

mangold and jenkins are the key to the season, without them, we can't win.

sanchez is as advertised :headbang:

so is clemens :bag:

jets fans, you need to prepare yourself for opponents offenses getting yards in big chunks. hermy and mangina played a "bend but don't break" style designed to make offenses earn their way down the field, and we all got used to the defense not giving up big chunks

this defense is will make big plays, but give up big plays as well

Agree with everything, except for Greene and Gholston. Greene didn't look great, but

he looked good enough. He's going to be a nice combo with Leon for years to come.

And if trading Jones gets us a wr, I'm all for it.

Gholston still looks horrible.

On another note, Keller is going to be a star.

We are realllllly going to miss Pace those first 4 weeks. sigh.

We are reallly going to miss Ellis the first week.

if we dont figure out how to catch punts.. we are introuble. You know, westoff is going to find his old cane ( really nice to see him without one :D) and knock these guys on the head. arg!

Keller was awesome!

Lowrey did not help himself.

i am still not impressed with TJ.. he was getting stuck a lot. He also needs to hang on to the ball.

Love Wright, but wish he had some time with Sanchez, i have heard they had chemistry.

If Jenkins and Mangold are not healthy this year, we are screwed.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it. He needs a LOT of work still, but he's definitely improved since last year. Buttle said it best: "he needs to get better, but he's 100% better than last season." Which shows you how crappy he was last season, but still.

He also played DE on a lot of downs, so he was tying up blockers rather than rushing the passer. And FWIW, he tied up both the RT and RG on the Harris sack, allowing Harris to run by untouched.

LOL

the jets have the worst o-line depth in the NFL

Wayne Hunter is supposed to be the Jets' sixth starting lineman, the guy they're going to rely on a lot as the blocking TE - yet he was the guy who was completely burned on the Clemens strip-sack play early on. Guys were busting right thru the middle like nothing was in their way. Ugly.

I'm hoping Faneca and Woody show up next week. Probably too much to ask of Mangold, though.

Haha! No kidding!!

i am still not impressed with TJ.. he was getting stuck a lot. He also needs to hang on to the ball.

Love Wright, but wish he had some time with Sanchez, i have heard they had chemistry.

What was on display here is just how much TJ was a product of a solid OL last season. He creates nothing for himself. I realize there wasn't much room for creativity, but he's too big and strong to be so hesitant running forward.

Wright has a roster spot, but it'll be as a 5th WR who doesn't see the field much on offense unless the Jets have some injuries. Shoot, he may even be the 6th WR behind Britt Davis, who also showed a little something.

People are always down on Brad Smith, but that reverse was a reminder of what he's capable of with the ball in his hands. The Jets need to find a way to get him on the field when their running their "straight offense," and not just on these trick plays, though. Only bringing him in for gadgets will be an obvious tip-off to the dee.

3 things that really impressed me last night in order.

1. Sanchez , loved the way he looked off the Safety on the pass to Clowney that Impressed me a whole lot. Sure keller was in the middle of the Field as well but its up to the QB to sell it and Sanchez did.

2. Keller- This guy is going to have a monster year.

3. Harris (looked lean and fast this guy is going to have alot of sacks this year) Still our Best LB.

Biggest Dissapointments

1. Its hard to Judge Dissapointments because some very important players were out last night Namely. Jenkins and Revis On defense and Mangold, Woody and Faneca on The offense. Those players that were missing are what will define this teams success. People saying they were dissapointed in Greene should realiz he was getting hit by 3 and 4 people at the line of scrimmage not much anyone could have done with that.

2. Gholston is still slow and horrible, Flat footed, not agressive and looks clueless. I watched his technique and its just as bad as ever. He has learned Nothing he is the worst LB I have ever seen. THE WORST. I tivoed the game and watched him and there is no other way to discribe it he sucks and he took our money.

What was on display here is just how much TJ was a product of a solid OL last season. He creates nothing for himself. I realize there wasn't much room for creativity, but he's too big and strong to be so hesitant running forward.

Wright has a roster spot, but it'll be as a 5th WR who doesn't see the field much on offense unless the Jets have some injuries. Shoot, he may even be the 6th WR behind Britt Davis, who also showed a little something.

People are always down on Brad Smith, but that reverse was a reminder of what he's capable of with the ball in his hands. The Jets need to find a way to get him on the field when their running their "straight offense," and not just on these trick plays, though. Only bringing him in for gadgets will be an obvious tip-off to the dee.

TJ has never really impressed me. I agree with what you say. he should be able toplow thru a bit more. I am always aggravated with his 2 yard gains.

agree about everything here. i am hoping Wallace picks it up next game. His wife gave birthlast week and he missed a couple of days of practice so maybe that had to do with his lackluster play.

Yep, brad smith has something goingon. He can help a bit in the wildcat if they choose to use that.. also some third down plays.

3. Harris (looked lean and fast this guy is going to have alot of sacks this year) Still our Best LB.

how did i forget that! It was so nice to see Harris back and in such a powerful way.

I booed his ass. Fukking guy....

yeah if he wasnt so important, i would kick him in the ass myself :D

I agree with this. I actually Smith is underrated a little among Jet fans. The Oakland Raider game last year, he was huge in keeping us in the game with some runs. He's not a great WR, never will be but he can be good addition to the team. He's also a very solid special teams guy.

I agree with this. I actually Smith is underrated a little among Jet fans. The Oakland Raider game last year, he was huge in keeping us in the game with some runs. He's not a great WR, never will be but he can be good addition to the team. He's also a very solid special teams guy.

Eh. Smith can't get himself open so I don't know how viable he'll ever be in a base offense.

The CBS Sanchez love fest was out-of-hand IMO.

Sanchez looked poised, Clemens is still holding on to the ball for too long. SMH

Oline depth is scary, I pray we stay healthy this season.

Keller bulked up this off season.

VG still needs a lot of work.

PR really needs to be addressed, it was pathetic and it cost us the game.

The CBS Sanchez love fest was out-of-hand IMO.

Sanchez looked poised, Clemens is still holding on to the ball for too long. SMH

Oline depth is scary, I pray we stay healthy this season.

Keller bulked up this off season.

VG still needs a lot of work.

PR really needs to be addressed, it was pathetic and it cost us the game.

Rillo dont worry so much about the O line . Those guys are back ups for a reason . During the season throwing one of them into the mix if someone gets nicked wont be bad, but having 3 of them start would be a disaster for any team. Spagnolos defense did well picking their spots and our run blocking was atrocious but thats about it.

if we dont figure out how to catch punts.. we are introuble. You know, westoff is going to find his old cane ( really nice to see him without one :D) and knock these guys on the head. arg!

Keller was awesome!

Lowrey did not help himself.

If Jenkins and Mangold are not healthy this year, we are screwed.

good post GG-I was telling my wife this morning that Westhoff was gonna put that cane up somebody's azz

- Dwight Lowery continued to look like what he's looked like since October of last year: Complete garbage.

- Mark Sanchez looked good, threw a great ball to Clowney, however, one series is not enough, we need to see more than that. That play to Clowney however did look like an experienced veteran, not a rookie's first NFL pass, gotta love how he looked off the Safety.

- Clowney should be the starting receiver opposite Jerricho Cotchery. Keep Chansi Stuckey in the slot where he belongs. Yes DC has only had 2 great Preseason performances, but that's 2 more great performances than Brad Smith, Britt Davis or Wallace Wright currently have.

- Vernon Gholston can't shed blocks. He is a bust in the making even with Ryan. Very sad.

- We are going to miss Calvin Pace BIG time Weeks 1-4.

- Thank you to Rex for putting Kerry Rhodes in the position to succeed. Hollywood had some great Quarterback blitzes/pressures and looked very good last night.

You have to be concerned if anyone on the O/L is out for any length of time with the lack of depth behind them.

Pace's stupid mistake will cost this team-it will up to Rex to devise the crazy schemes to try to make up for it.

Welcome to JN. Glad to see you've brought your unique brand of balanced, objective analysis along with you.

debatesman its obvious Im messing with you :) . If you read my other posts its also obvious that I was a bit more serious . Glad to be here :)

Okay, I'll play:

I liked what I saw with Sanchez. It was only one serious, but he looked very comfortable. People raved about the long ball, but I liked the quick dump to Keller on the blitz. One or two of the handoffs still looked a little sloppy, but light years ahead of Clemens who always looks nervous back there and spit the ball up when hit from the front side.

TE seems fine. Keller looked tremendous. If Kareem Brown can block he'll be fine. He looked smooth catching the ball. He didn't look any worse receiving than Baker or Franks.

They seem commited to Caulcrick at FB, but I don't think he or Christopher looked very good lead blocking. Get well soon TRich.

The starting D looked good, but they seemed to blitz a whole lot for the preseason. Pace looked like a monster. Shame he'll be out. Thomas looked better to me.

Gholston looks faster and more nimble. He actually seemed to run hard a few times, but he still seems to slow down and think and he doesn't look good. We'll see. I'm still not writing him off, but I don't like what I see. If he'd only go all out I'd feel better about him even if he got blown up.

WR doesn't seem like such a problem. Stuckey and Clowney look fine and Smith and Wright look productive. Davis looks great for an UDFA. They are good enough there that they can actually sell the idea they don't need to trade and keep the price low.

People complain about the punt returns, but those were the third and fourth options sucking back there. #1 is Leonhard and he looked fine and we know #2Leon can catch punts. He's not the best returner, but he's not Justin Miller back there like Raymond and Lowery. Remember Lowery did have a TD return last preseason.

idk.....ryan said they were only 4-man rushes for the most part.

Should I believe him or my eyes? Sacks were by LBs and DBs. On Pace's sack Leonhard was coming outside and caused the QB to step up and I think that Rhodes was coming outside on Harris'. They sent Rhodes a few times. Good news, but they were blitzing. Even if they are dropping lineman and sending only four, you'll end up with cheap sacks against a crappy team the first preseason game.

Archived