Goodell cracking down on tailgating

PatriotReign37

3 1/2 hours is cutting it too close.

You need 30 minutes to get to your seat and at least 30 minutes to park and set up without having a fire to grille.

http://blog.theredzone.org/ViewItem.asp?Entry=2615

The league just does not get it. The fans who are the problems are not the tailgaters it is the fans that get trashed an hour before the game and consume their alcohol in the stadium. Tailgate parties fans are eating food which absorbs what ever alcohol fans drink. The NFL is really turning into the Not for Fun League.

Our parking passes already say the lots open 5 hours prior to kickoff, they cannot change this for the 2009 season.

Commisioner Hitler can do whatever the hell he wants and if you disagree, he has ways to take care of that.

The league just does not get it. The fans who are the problems are not the tailgaters it is the fans that get trashed an hour before the game and consume their alcohol in the stadium. Tailgate parties fans are eating food which absorbs what ever alcohol fans drink. The NFL is really turning into the Not for Fun League.

I would agree, but I've been hammered @ tailgates before, even with all the food served LOL.

However, I can control my liquor I've gonna into some arguments but nothing major.

Drunk Phins fans FTL!

I would agree, but I've been hammered @ tailgates before, even with all the food served LOL.

However, I can control my liquor I've gonna into some arguments but nothing major.

Drunk Phins fans FTL!

I know I have been at games where I drank to much. I know if I have 10 beers in the stadium without tailgating and I have 10 beers in the parking lot tailgating I would be much more under control after consuming food. I know my self I am in the parking lot the second it opens and I know when to stop drinking.

I have a feeling the NFL is handling this all wrong and this will back fire because the guy who is going to get his 15 beers regardless of how long they are in the lot will get it in a lot shorter time and with less food to absorb the Alchol. The NFL is just looking for an excuse an it is easier to blame tailgating plus they are not making money on what is not consumed in the parking lot.

For me football is the day experience it is a holiday when ever the Jets play and to take the tailgate out of it will really curtail my enjoyment.

I know I have been at games where I drank to much. I know if I have 10 beers in the stadium without tailgating and I have 10 beers in the parking lot tailgating I would be much more under control after consuming food. I know my self I am in the parking lot the second it opens and I know when to stop drinking.

I have a feeling the NFL is handling this all wrong and this will back fire because the guy who is going to get his 15 beers regardless of how long they are in the lot will get it in a lot shorter time and with less food to absorb the Alchol. The NFL is just looking for an excuse an it is easier to blame tailgating plus they are not making money on what is not consumed in the parking lot.

For me football is the day experience it is a holiday when ever the Jets play and to take the tailgate out of it will really curtail my enjoyment.

Exactly. Most of the time the tailgate is more fun than the game itself anyway. Why ruin it for everyone. I am sorry but this really pisses me off. I wonder when we will hear about it... Because I haven't heard of it on espn, and its not even on nfl.com. I assume the Jets are typing up a notification as we speak.

THe NFL wants you to spend every game day dollar in the stadium. It's all about maximizing revenue from every conceivable angle and Goodell is the biggest $ whore imaginable. Take your loyal customers and try to bleed them for every last penny.

Wow.

I remember all of the folks who were opposed to the west side stadium because the tailgating element would be lost. Now tailgating is dying a slow death anyway. Oh yeah, we will still share a stadium with the Giants. Party on.

The only saving grace for some fans is that some stadiums have private lots nearby. Unless, Goodell trys to control them too.

At the Meadowlands and places like Arrowhead youre screwed.

Why doesn't the asswipe just leave it up to each team ? After all who knows their fans wishes better ? They keep screwing with this "golden goose" till they fianally kill it.

THe NFL wants you to spend every game day dollar in the stadium. It's all about maximizing revenue from every conceivable angle and Goodell is the biggest $ whore imaginable. Take your loyal customers and try to bleed them for every last penny.

BINGO !!

Exactly. Most of the time the tailgate is more fun than the game itself anyway. Why ruin it for everyone. I am sorry but this really pisses me off. I wonder when we will hear about it... Because I haven't heard of it on espn, and its not even on nfl.com. I assume the Jets are typing up a notification as we speak.

Exactly I think Green DNA hit the nail on the head. The NFL and its teams want every dollar spent in the stadium. The Jets are going to have its own pregame festivities at which they would love to force fans to spend money

Most of the time? We're Jets fans, of course the tailgating is better than the game.

Tailgating in Pittsburgh is awesome. Every time I go i always end up with free food and drink from felllow fans.

Problem there is that alot of season tix holders cling to them to scalp for more money. Getting ridiculous to go to a Steelers home game. Goodell should fix THAT problem imo.

Then they wonder why so many Steelers fans are at road games. Hell, it's more affordable.

Exactly. It's dollars and cents. They want us in their brand new stadiums pissing away dollars hand over fast is fast as possible, to bleed us all dry.

If they are really worried about drunken fans, 1. ban beer and booze in the parking lot and 2. don't sell it inside. They won't do that because they are printing money. They just want to print more. And it burns their asses to look out on those barbeque fires and think they haven't quite figured out a way to get a piece of all that other than an obscene parking fee.

Problem is going to be at some point your couch will be a better option.

He is recommending it, doesn't mean the teams have to take it into effect. For 2009 we're still allowed to come in 5 hours prior to kickoff. Nothing has changed.

Exactly what I was thinking - Baddell can't dictate stadium policy. As far as the 2 beer limit, that is already in place in several stadiums. That's why I like NASCAR tailgates. It's an all day party for a night race, and you can actually bring in your own beer and food. Imagine that.

Exactly what I was thinking - Baddell can't dictate stadium policy. As far as the 2 beer limit, that is already in place in several stadiums. That's why I like NASCAR tailgates. It's an all day party for a night race, and you can actually bring in your own beer and food. Imagine that.

The commissioner can definitely control stadium policy.

Exactly. It's dollars and cents.

I don't think it is really dollars and cents. The other recommendation was to limit how much booze you can sell to an indivual inside the stadium.

If teams do follow these suggestions, then the NFL will be doing significantly more to prevent people from getting killed by drunk drivers than banning Stallworth for life would.

League's Twitter policy won't be "anything dramatic"

Posted by Mike Florio on August 23, 2009 12:52 PM ET

As the NFL continues to formulate a policy regarding the use of Twitter by its players, we periodically check on its status.

In an e-mail sent to us this morning, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello writes that the Twitter policy has not yet been finalized, but that we shouldn't expect "anything dramatic."

Said Aiello: "We embrace Twitter as a great new way to communicate with fans. We are simply clarifying how it should be applied in various circumstances."

That said, the individual teams might impose (and some have already) their own policies regarding the time, place, and/or content of the tweeting.

And the content will always be a potential concern. Things said on Twitter are no different than things said at a press conference. But it'll take a while for players to realize that they're likely to be a lot looser with their thoughts when sitting at their keyboards -- especially if they've also been bending their elbows.

League's Twitter policy won't be "anything dramatic"

Posted by Mike Florio on August 23, 2009 12:52 PM ET

As the NFL continues to formulate a policy regarding the use of Twitter by its players, we periodically check on its status.

In an e-mail sent to us this morning, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello writes that the Twitter policy has not yet been finalized, but that we shouldn't expect "anything dramatic."

Said Aiello: "We embrace Twitter as a great new way to communicate with fans. We are simply clarifying how it should be applied in various circumstances."

That said, the individual teams might impose (and some have already) their own policies regarding the time, place, and/or content of the tweeting.

And the content will always be a potential concern. Things said on Twitter are no different than things said at a press conference. But it'll take a while for players to realize that they're likely to be a lot looser with their thoughts when sitting at their keyboards -- especially if they've also been bending their elbows.

All that means is they are probably going to say no Twitter during the games. It's not really a big deal considering the players already aren't supposed to have anything that could access twitter during games on them.

This is what the commissioner has to worry about? why not address the fact that season ticket holders are paying hundreds of dollars for preseason games that water boys are playing in? It is getting to the point that the gameday experience is just not worth it anymore for a variety of reasons. Keep kicking the fans Roger

What sucks most about these rules is that they're concentrating all of the traffic into a smaller window. If I can't get into the lot before 12:30pm, I am never attending a 4pm game (which I already hate) ever again.

Noticed how he passed these stinking rules after they asked me to pay for the right to buy future season tix.

Archived