Sanchez Weighs In on the Arizona Immigration Law- NY Post

Kentucky Jet

Jets' Sanchez weighs in on Arizona immigration law

Jets BlogNYPOST.COM STAFF

Last Updated: 2:52 PM, May 21, 2010

Posted: 2:50 PM, May 21, 2010

Comments: 3

| More Print

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had this to say Thursday about the Arizona law that allows police to detain those who are suspected of being in the United State illegally.

"When it comes to politics, my candid answer is, I

Jets' Sanchez weighs in on Arizona immigration law

Jets BlogNYPOST.COM STAFF

Last Updated: 2:52 PM, May 21, 2010

Posted: 2:50 PM, May 21, 2010

Comments: 3

| More Print

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had this to say Thursday about the Arizona law that allows police to detain those who are suspected of being in the United State illegally.

"When it comes to politics, my candid answer is, I

Oddly enough, this answer shows that he could be a politician.

I got the same impression.

he's a smart guy, that's for sure

and how 'bout the mexican first lady having sanchise love ?

lol

I got the same impression.

he's a smart guy, that's for sure

and how 'bout the mexican first lady having sanchise love ?

lol

Mark gave a good answer on a difficult question. Definitely a smart cookie who may have future aspirations or not. The Sanchise love among hispanics is huge and growing. Many of the women I talk to here in San Antonio are following his career and the amount of Jets and Sanchez jerseys seen on the fans here has exploded since we drafted him. I used to get blank stares when I mentioned I'm a Jets fan. Now, many mention Mark as soon as the see my Jets gear. Still not close to the Cowboys love but in some circles the Jets have moved into second "favorite" status and that is directly related to Mark.

Just what part of illegal has "both" sides?

Enforce the law and protect our borders.

I'd like to have Rex Ryan as president, he wouldn't apologize and bow down to our enemies.

We need to find a politics site. Good discussion item just not here. I suspect this thread could get locked soon.

Just what part of illegal has "both" sides?

Enforce the law and protect our borders.

I'd like to have Rex Ryan as president, he wouldn't apologize and bow down to our enemies.

The Arizona law's no stricter than the federal one. They're just enforcing it.

Can somebody please tell me how one goes about reading a legislature so I can be smart like Consuela?

Do I detect sarcasm? From you, of all people.

The very fact that he declined to state an opinion on something he has not read makes him smarter than the Attorney General, Director of Homeland Security and maybe even El Presidente himself.

The very fact that he declined to state an opinion on something he has not read makes him smarter than the Attorney General, Director of Homeland Security and maybe even El Presidente himself.

I love the fact that Sanchez demonstrates almost daily how well he can handle the media. He is a very impressive man. The guy is a born leader.

I love the fact that Sanchez demonstrates almost daily how well he can handle the media. He is a very impressive man. The guy is a born leader.

Absolutely. And he is really going to need it leading a New York team. His personality is a nice balance to Ryan. Kinda like Bart Starr and Lombardi ...

The Arizona law's no stricter than the federal one. They're just enforcing it.

It's actually an eased up version of federal law. Federal law does not require just cause for the cops to check ID. AZ law does.

Not knowing the difference between legislation and a legislature may not make him dumb, but it sure doesn't make him smart.

Not knowing the difference between legislation and a legislature may not make him dumb, but it sure doesn't make him smart.

He's a jock, what do you expect? Besides, I think the way he handles the media is smart, and that's what counts in this business.

That ain't in his job description now is it?

I'd be willing to bet cold hard cash that Sanchez could make any of us look like a moron in a discussion about football.

That ain't in his job description now is it?

I'd be willing to bet cold hard cash that Sanchez could make any of us look like a moron in a discussion about football.

Don't be so sure about that. As much as I love the guy, he couldn't even tell the opposing team's players apart from our own last season.

Archived