Thoughts From A Pats Fan

Maxman

JetNation's very own Garb, a lifelong Patriots fan, sent this to me today.

Theresa (Garb) 8/15/10

I must say, this bravado and confidence displayed by not only the NY Jets, but their fans is tough to take. God dang, that’s the Pats rightful place! You know that quiet, yet arrogant, air of confidence of Pats fans that drives you all – especially CRAZY.

Except now it’s a new Jets bravado. It’s brazen, bold, and in your face. Great for Jets fans….unsettling to fans of the Pats, Fins and poor Bills.

Is it fear? Probably. No one wants to be beat by the sand box bully.

I will admit that the Jets are superior to the Pats on paper. D-line – yah. O-line – yah. Secondary – yah. Run game – yah. LB -yah. TE – yah. They have the edge in almost every category except one: Quarterback. Patriots Nation’s hopes lie squarely on the shoulders on one Tom Brady.

Unfortunately, their record will most likely rest squarely on the shoulders on the unknown: The Makins-less o-line, the Warren-less D-line, Welker’s knee, the new, young secondary, the new, young linebacker corps, runningbacks that are old and will most certainly be in need of medical attention sometime this season, a punter who has a cult following because of his name, WR depth with complete unknowns, a whole new set of Tight Ends, a pass rush that does not really exist.

This is new and scary territory for Pats fans. We aren’t consensus top dogs anymore. It is unfamiliar territory, for sure. It’s been almost a decade since the Pats – um – sucked. Yet – Pats fans have faith. Years of success will do that for a fanbase. Tom Brady- a year after recovery. A faster defense. A younger, more aggressive secondary. More athletic tight ends. Welkah is back!

We have hope. It is an interesting change from the past. I do not like it. I prefer the quiet, arrogant confidence. …I admit it. I will admit this too: in that back of Pats fans minds, are the goddamn Jets.

Dont buy it.

Garby is playing mind games. She knows the Pats are still kings of the division and will be until someone is able to dethrone the Brady/BB combo.

Yeah, we are good on paper and we talk a lot of game, but we were still didnt even really present a threat in the division. Should we be better? Yes. How much better is yet to be determined.

But I have no sympathy for Garby and I'm not buying this doodoo.

Exactly...I'm not buying this pity b.s. coming from Garby.

The Patsies might practice humble pie, but their fans surely dont.

I don't understand where this pity thing is coming from. Who's looking for pity, exactly? I stated that this year, more than any in recent history, there are more questions than sure things on the Patriots squad. That can actually be exciting - but it's scary too. That said - no one is looking for pity here. This is just an honest opinion piece. Some of you are total are doo-doo heads.

:)

BTW - I know a lot of Pats fans, and apart from the pink hat folks, they are a pretty hardy group. I am proud to consider myself on of them. So, you can stick that fickle bandwagon sh*t where the sun don't shine, Lil Bit.

I don't understand where this pity thing is coming from. Who's looking for pity, exactly? I stated that this year, more than any in recent history, there are more questions than sure things on the Patriots squad. That can actually be exciting - but it's scary too. That said - no one is looking for pity here. This is just an honest opinion piece. Some of you are total are doo-doo heads.

:)

You're the doodoo head. The whole piece was about how unsettling it is to think that just maybe the quiet humble Pats arent considered the consensus head honcho in the AFCE. Crying about how its been so long since its been any other way. Whining about how you dont have this and you dont have that.

I see right through you Garby. I'm sorry, I dont feel bad for you and your team because there is the new found uncertainty with the Pats. Last time I checked, nobody has taken the AFCE from the Brady/BB combo which is still fully in tact. So, forgive me if I dont want to hear about how uncomfortable you are this offseason because the Jets are breathing down your neck. I dont buy it and I have no sympathy.

This sounds like a perfect way for you to say...."Oh, look how great the Patsies are and how brilliant BB is, we won the division over the brash loud mouth talent filled Jets with all the areas for concerns, but the mighty Patsies overcame it with humble pie and quiet confidence, only to keep the dominance of the AFCE alive."

I see right through you Garby.

BTW - I know a lot of Pats fans, and apart from the pink hat folks, they are a pretty hardy group. I am proud to consider myself on of them. So, you can stick that fickle bandwagon sh*t where the sun don't shine, Lil Bit.

LOL! laugh.gif

Sadly since there have been very few down years recently, they all look like a hardy group. But give it some time and Gillette and the shopping mall will be quieter than an Islanders game on a wednesday night.

It wont be this year though... Pats will win the division yet again.

Looks like Theresa is putting herself in a good position to be able to make excuses. Notice how many injuries she mentioned in her "article".

Yeah, didnt even think of that angle. Setting up the built in excuses if they dont take the division.

I'm still expecting the Pats to win the division so I was thinking more that she was setting it up to talk about how much the Patsies had to overcome and just add more ammo to her arsenal of insulting the Jets and flaunting the greatness of BB/Brady.

You're the doodoo head. The whole piece was about how unsettling it is to think that just maybe the quiet humble Pats arent considered the consensus head honcho in the AFCE. Crying about how its been so long since its been any other way. Whining about how you dont have this and you dont have that.

I see right through you Garby. I'm sorry, I dont feel bad for you and your team because there is the new found uncertainty with the Pats. Last time I checked, nobody has taken the AFCE from the Brady/BB combo which is still fully in tact. So, forgive me if I dont want to hear about how uncomfortable you are this offseason because the Jets are breathing down your neck. I dont buy it and I have no sympathy.

This sounds like a perfect way for you to say...."Oh, look how great the Patsies are and how brilliant BB is, we won the division over the brash loud mouth talent filled Jets with all the areas for concerns, but the mighty Patsies overcame it with humble pie and quiet confidence, only to keep the dominance of the AFCE alive."

I see right through you Garby.

LOL!! You can see through people who post on message boards. Aren't you the Great Karnak of the internet :blink:

The piece is nothing more than, and nothing less, than a Pats fans point of view regarding this upcoming season. Someone tries to give an attempted (and lets be serious - there will always be some bias) unbiased view of the upcoming season and somehow honesty turns to guile and built in excuses. Some of you really are doo-doo heads. Take a look at the Pats defense and tell me it's not in trasition. Can the offense carry this transition period? I hope so. Will the transition be good? Again, hope so. Will they miss Manins? I hope not. Then we have the Jets - some questions on offense, not many on defense, a great collection of talent. Will that translate to wins? I hope not.

Yeah, didnt even think of that angle. Setting up the built in excuses if they dont take the division.

I'm still expecting the Pats to win the division so I was thinking more that she was setting it up to talk about how much the Patsies had to overcome and just add more ammo to her arsenal of insulting the Jets and flaunting the greatness of BB/Brady.

It's a win-win. If the Pats succeed its a heroic tale. If they fail its a heroic tale.

LOL!! You can see through people who post on message boards. Aren't you the Great Karnak of the internet :blink:

The piece is nothing more than, and nothing less, than a Pats fans point of view regarding this upcoming season. Someone tries to give an attempted (and lets be serious - there will always be some bias) unbiased view of the upcoming season and somehow honesty turns to guile and built in excuses. Some of you really are doo-doo heads. Take a look at the Pats defense and tell me it's not in trasition. Can the offense carry this transition period? I hope so. Will the transition be good? Again, hope so. Will they miss Manins? I hope not. Then we have the Jets - some questions on offense, not many on defense, a great collection of talent. Will that translate to wins? I hope not.

Its not the article, its the SOURCE of the article, Theresa. You've always ridden the high horse when it comes to the Patriots and your opinion of Jets fans. It doesn't matter how unbiased you attempted to be in this one (pretty poorly-written) piece. We know how biased you are.

If you want to complain, do it on a Pats board or perhaps cry into a pillow. Whining about what Jets fans think of you on a Jets board is counter-productive.

Whatever, we all know what you were doing. Convince yourself otherwise, fine by me, but I'm no fool.

This is a set up piece, you can fail with grace or win with heroics.

New England sports fans are very fickle and jump off the bandwagon very quickly. Get ready for a lot of tweener fans from CT and upstate NY to jump on the Jets bandwagon.

Whoa....whoa....whoa....

You will be at the game tonight right? :huh:

Dont buy it.

Garby is playing mind games. She knows the Pats are still kings of the division and will be until someone is able to dethrone the Brady/BB combo.

Yeah, we are good on paper and we talk a lot of game, but we were still didnt even really present a threat in the division. Should we be better? Yes. How much better is yet to be determined.

But I have no sympathy for Garby and I'm not buying this doodoo.

Exectly/ It's like Ali's rope-a-dope. This is Garbs "Hope-a-dope" she gets all the Jet fans feeling good about themselves with this on paper stuff and then the season starts. I ain;t falling for it. By the way Theresa is a beautiful name.

Whoa....whoa....whoa....

You will be at the game tonight right? :huh:

Nope. Im done attending games at the Meadowlands. Not paying the ridiculous prices for tickets and certainly not worth driving 4+ hours each way to sit in the upper deck. Woody killed me. Thanks to him my love for the Jets has faded significantly in the last 7 months.

You got to admit there are plenty of fans in CT who go either way with their choices of teams... not you though... You're green through and through! smile.gif

Have fun tonight!

Exectly/ It's like Ali's rope-a-dope. This is Garbs "Hope-a-dope" she gets all the Jet fans feeling good about themselves with this on paper stuff and then the season starts. I ain;t falling for it. By the way Theresa is a beautiful name.

It was a beautiful name.

Forget pity. This goes no deeper than Boston fans' pathological need to paint themselves as against-all-odds underdogs despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Yes, but that starts with pity. Pats fans finally have a reason, whether legitimate or not is clearly another debate.

I still don't get the pity stuff. I can understand arrogant, under-dog, "us against the world" and all that...but pity? Whaaa???? This just has to be a Jets fans mind set after years of frustration...and perhaps, pity. Otherwise, I don't get it. But yes, I have finally achieved my ultimate goal. Attention. :lol:

Archived