**** Official New York Jets vs Detroit Lions Game Thread ****

war ensemble

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same Old Jets Same Old Jets Wahh wahhh wahhh wahhhh cry me a river some of you

Rex saying he thought Schotty had "great" play-calling at the end of the game.

Ugh.

Great play-calling at the end of the game? You've gotta be kidding me! We only scored 13 points in 8 whole minutes!

Gholston was on the active list but I dont recall seeing him on the field.

He is not listed in the stats for any tackles.

Did he play at all?

This after Rex said he is a very good player this week.

He actually had two pressures from the nose tackle position (WTF? right). Otherwise he was as absent as the rest of our OLB/DE's.

Just got back from watching the game at a bar.

What a great comeback!

We did not play well at all. Too many penalties. Too many turnovers.

Down 10 points late in the 4th quarter.

And yet we find a way to win. On the road.

That's what championship bound teams do. Win when they are not at their best.

This JETS team showed a lot today.

This season is going to be the one. :yes:

Two dumb penalties is the difference between 6-2 and 4-4.

This team has a lot of work to do between now and the playoffs. I wish i had confidence. I wish I could believe. But I cant.

Dumb penalties cost us in our losses too.

Yes. But 2 penalties by our opponents is the difference between 4-4 and 6-2. No PI and we lose to Denver. No PF out of bounds and we dont tie Det game.

Dont be fooled by our record. We're not very good.

That's a load of crap, the Jets were at the 43 yard line with 40 seconds to play and the clock stopped. The penalty certainly made life easier for the Jets, but to say that the Jets definitively don't tie without it is absolutely ridiculous. Even if the play-calling was exactly the same after that without the penalty, the Jets would've been lining up for a 51 yard kick. Not a gimme, but certainly makeable, particularly inside of a dome.

Do you think the Ravens are making apologies because they only won due to Edwards running into the kicker penalty? Or how about the Packers feeling bad that they were awarded two bullsh*t INTs? In the end, the Jets made the plays to win the game and the Lions didn't.

Yes. But 2 penalties by our opponents is the difference between 4-4 and 6-2. No PI and we lose to Denver. No PF out of bounds and we dont tie Det game.

So we're not what our record says we are?

I may want to consult BP on this.

Will he be posting, now that we won?

Holmes catches that bill if there is no PI.

The Jets were still in good position to win yesterday even if that late hit didn't happen.

wow.. talk about baiting BG. This post is sure to make him crazy

Just to recap... Shotty is more predictable than "Ask Madden"

LT run at the tackle

Screen to WR

Empty backfield incomplete

What are the odds that is how this plays out? 8 to 1?

This was from the game thread right before the drive I am pasting below... Shotty is pathetic...

# 1-10-NYJ 16 (11:37) 21-L.Tomlinson up the middle to NYJ 19 for 3 yards (54-D.Levy).

# 2-7-NYJ 19 (11:03) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 17-B.Edwards (98-J.Peterson).

# 3-7-NYJ 19 (10:59) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 17-B.Edwards to NYJ 22 for 3 yards (98-J.Peterson).

# 4-4-NYJ 22 (10:30) 9-S.Weatherford punts 53 yards to DET 25, Center-46-T.Purdum. 11-S.Logan to DET 37 for 12 yards (34-M.Cole).

That's a load of crap, the Jets were at the 43 yard line with 40 seconds to play and the clock stopped. The penalty certainly made life easier for the Jets, but to say that the Jets definitively don't tie without it is absolutely ridiculous. Even if the play-calling was exactly the same after that without the penalty, the Jets would've been lining up for a 51 yard kick. Not a gimme, but certainly makeable, particularly inside of a dome.

Do you think the Ravens are making apologies because they only won due to Edwards running into the kicker penalty? Or how about the Packers feeling bad that they were awarded two bullsh*t INTs? In the end, the Jets made the plays to win the game and the Lions didn't.

To you it might be a load of crap. Not to me.

Sorry I dont wear the green-colored glasses pretending that we havent sucked lately. Sorry I dont drink the Kool-aid that they are a good team. I sure hope Im wrong.

wow.. talk about baiting BG. This post is sure to make him crazy

Meh. Thats what supposed to make a message board good... good banter back and forth. Too bad most people on here dont know how to have a real discussion. Not saying BG doesnt, just most posters here. If you're not in the majority opinion, then you're shouted down and yelled at.

So we're not what our record says we are?

I may want to consult BP on this.

Will he be posting, now that we won?

We're not a good 6-2. Thats my point. We're not very good. I expect a hell of a lot more out of this team. Last three games we have sucked. SUCKED. We have regressed, not progressed. We're lucky to have the record we have. Its not skill. Its not talent. Luck. The jets have a long way to go if they want to be real super bowl contenders. And it starts with our head coach, his OC, and his Dr Jekyll/Mr. Hyde QB.

I'll try my best to pretend we're for real and go along with the crowd.

We're not a good 6-2. Thats my point. We're not very good. I expect a hell of a lot more out of this team. Last three games we have sucked. SUCKED. We have regressed, not progressed. We're lucky to have the record we have. Its not skill. Its not talent. Luck. The jets have a long way to go if they want to be real super bowl contenders. And it starts with our head coach, his OC, and his Dr Jekyll/Mr. Hyde QB.

I'll try my best to pretend we're for real and go along with the crowd.

I'll try and make it more clear that I'm not doing that or even arguing your points.

So we SUCKED, won, and were lucky, that's still better than saying we SUCKED, lost, and were unlucky, in my world anyway.

To you it might be a load of crap. Not to me.

Sorry I dont wear the green-colored glasses pretending that we havent sucked lately. Sorry I dont drink the Kool-aid that they are a good team. I sure hope Im wrong.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Jets are some fantastic football right now, they're not. But to credit that 15 yard penalty as the sole reason for the Jets ability to tie and subsequently win the game is a bit excessive in the opposite direction. It's one thing to heap endless amounts of praise, it's another to go out of the way to find things to criticize, especially since there's plenty legitimate items to address.

They had 40 seconds with the clock stopped, they were just outside of long FG range and had just marched all the way down the field for a TD the prior drive and drove half the field in a minute on that drive. Is it a guarantee they would've done it? Of course not, but I don't think it's crazy to think the Jets could've made it 5-10 yards for a long FG attempt or even 10-20+ yards for a very reasonable one at that point.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Jets are some fantastic football right now, they're not. But to credit that 15 yard penalty as the sole reason for the Jets ability to tie and subsequently win the game is a bit excessive in the opposite direction. It's one thing to heap endless amounts of praise, it's another to go out of the way to find things to criticize, especially since there's plenty legitimate items to address.

They had 40 seconds with the clock stopped, they were just outside of long FG range and had just marched all the way down the field for a TD the prior drive and drove half the field in a minute on that drive. Is it a guarantee they would've done it? Of course not, but I don't think it's crazy to think the Jets could've made it 5-10 yards for a long FG attempt or even 10-20+ yards for a very reasonable one at that point.

Well... we were playing Detroit. And they fell apart at very opportune times yesterday... so I guess I can see that.... biggrin.gif

Archived