Per Incarcerated Bob: Pats will shop superstar WR Wes Welker this offseason

Matt39

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

**BREAKING NEWS** Patriots are looking into shopping WR Wes Welker this off-season : Pats believe they can get a 2nd RD pick or early 3rd

**BREAKING NEWS** Patriots Source: Bill Belichick will make Welker available for a possible trade this off-season - Edelman will take spot

I guess it's straight from the Good Problem To Have Dept., but how are the Pats going to integrate all those picks next year? Especially if there's a lockout? They're already really young. If there's a limited training camp period, there's going to be some talent dropped from that roster next season - maybe in favor of some less talented players.

I'm sure they'll trade for some future picks, though. They do it every year.

I guess you can never have an 1000 yard season as a WR in New England. If you do that you are automatically on the chopping block somewhere in the future!

I am sure after Randy Moss and now Welker it should give a lot of motivation to WR's and the QB to perform! :rolleyes:

they'll trade for Welker 6 years from now :D

Good luck attracting free agents of any value when you treat talented players like total crap. When Brady is gone, Foxboro is going to be a talent wasteland. May be sooner. It will be 7 years running that the vaunted Belicheat method of dumping talent for mid-round picks hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Superstar? Really? More like JAG!

Too funny. Not that I believe this Bob character. But this would be epic. I can see the Patsy douchers reactions now...the Pats dont need him, he's a JAG, they are better off without him, Eldelman and Woodcock can replace him fine.

And I'll just sit back and laugh laugh laugh.

The most epic scenario...the Dolphags trade for him and he goes back to being a 30 catch a year guy who cant sniff the endzone.

Bob tip or not... i can very easily see this happening. He's not a spring chicken, he's due for a new contract and he's basically a glorified slot receiver despite his #1 Wr production. Watching Welker leave the Pats locker room, on trash bag day... i dunno. He just looked old.

Bob tip or not... i can very easily see this happening. He's not a spring chicken, he's due for a new contract and he's basically a glorified slot receiver despite his #1 Wr production. Watching Welker leave the Pats locker room, on trash bag day... i dunno. He just looked old.

yep Welker's production went down big time after Mandy Ross was traded too

Superstar? Really? More like JAG!

Too funny. Not that I believe this Bob character. But this would be epic. I can see the Patsy douchers reactions now...the Pats dont need him, he's a JAG, they are better off without him, Eldelman and Woodcock can replace him fine.

And I'll just sit back and laugh laugh laugh.

The most epic scenario...the Dolphags trade for him and he goes back to being a 30 catch a year guy who cant sniff the endzone.

Over the last four seasons, Welker has averaged 108 catches for 1134 yards and 6 TDs. Anyone know where the Jets can find ONE "JAG" like that?

Archived