Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Hurricane Sandy

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
JiF    125,351

Waves are going to be firing. Headed into enemy territory for the weekend. Should be good in Miami.

• Upvote 1

JoeC36    64,187

Waves are going to be firing. Headed into enemy territory for the weekend. Should be good in Miami.

So i guess you're not going to the Florida/Georgia game? I hear its a helluva time.

faba    117,901

Be careful hopefully all in its path including here in New Jersey will be safe

JiF    125,351

So i guess you're not going to the Florida/Georgia game? I hear its a helluva time.

No way, I never miss FL vs. GA. Going to a Snoop Dog show in the Landing on Friday, waking up to the largest outdoor cocktail party, going to the game, **** bitches, get money and head out to Miami.

• Upvote 4

Blackout    63,130

i just hope it doesn't hit i-95 heading up to maine on Monday

i can stay the extra day on halloween if i NEED to wednesday but dammit i need to get up there

Maxman    519,266

Hurricane Sandy knocked this thread out of the lounge. WOW. She is powerful...

Jetsouth    15

It was supposed to drench us, we got about a half an inch of rain. It looks monstrous when they use red and yellow on the

mapping software for tv weather shows.. if they changed it to some nice pastels, then they wouldn't have to call out the guard.

The northeast has worse storms every week during the winter... Our normal every day rainstorms were way worse than this, times

20. I bet it won't even wet the sidewalk in areas, like it did here.

JFtoLong    33

No way, I never miss FL vs. GA. Going to a Snoop Dog show in the Landing on Friday, waking up to the largest outdoor cocktail party, going to the game, **** bitches, get money and head out to Miami.

U a pimp

slats    96,063

How?

I work for the local electric company. Storms like this are extremely political here, and everyone gets nervous. The result is paying out a ton of unnecessary overtime so they can announce on cable news the number of people they have ready to go at any given time.

• Upvote 2

JFtoLong    33

I work for the local electric company. Storms like this are extremely political here, and everyone gets nervous. The result is paying out a ton of unnecessary overtime so they can announce on cable news the number of people they have ready to go at any given time.

Gotcha, good luck and be safe!

Lizard King    1,476

Me thinks this is going to be an epic let down. But I still bought a couple hundred shares of home depot. Ya never know.

Edited by BleedGreen314

courtnj18    113

I think this is gonna be a big one and hopefully I don't get stuck in NYC b/c NJ transit shuts down. Remember, this time last year we were hit with a freak snow storm -

Larz    59,414

good luck to all the jersey folks !

and remember, don't use propane heaters indoors without tons of ventilation and proper clearances to combustible surfaces. also remember generators even when outside can produce CO, so aim the exhaust away from the house !

we had a generator CO event in CT last year, pretty sure it killed someone

be safe !

• Upvote 1

Larz    59,414

CL&P's CEO lost his job over the october snow storm lasty year. this years CEO put out the word on local radio that they already requested 2,000 lineman and 700 tree crews from out west. he is in total CYA mode.

with that said, being out of power for 9 days becuase he wanted to save money last year was a big problem around here. it got very cold with all that snow.

we don't know if the over time is a waste or not yet, but better to be ready than get caught with your pants down

BroadwayJoe12    16,412

good luck to all the jersey folks !

and remember, don't use propane heaters indoors without tons of ventilation and proper clearances to combustible surfaces. also remember generators even when outside can produce CO, so aim the exhaust away from the house !

we had a generator CO event in CT last year, pretty sure it killed someone

be safe !

Fireman?? A buddy of mine is one in the Albany area and I swear I just saw a post like this on FB almost identical to this. Solid advice, especially considering hardly anyone reads the lengthy list of hazards on these things. At least this time around it's not middle of winter; if the fridge goes again, I'm just going to empty out all the meat and burgers I didn't grill this summer. Sure I'll be eating in the dark, but I won't be living off peanut butter sandwiches for 9 days like last time.

Larz    59,414

Fireman?? A buddy of mine is one in the Albany area and I swear I just saw a post like this on FB almost identical to this. Solid advice, especially considering hardly anyone reads the lengthy list of hazards on these things. At least this time around it's not middle of winter; if the fridge goes again, I'm just going to empty out all the meat and burgers I didn't grill this summer. Sure I'll be eating in the dark, but I won't be living off peanut butter sandwiches for 9 days like last time.

propane gas man. I install gas lines, tanks, lots of fun stuff. when I'm looking for leaks people tell me they've been smelling an odor for weeks. weeks ! drives me nuts