• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

“I need to understand where the mistakes came from,” Sanchez said after the game.

So does Rex in my opinion..

“I’m comfortable and confident with all three quarterbacks,” Ryan said. “I think all three guys have, now, proven they can win in this league.”

#2 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,669 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

All he needs is a brain, a new set of nerves, and a good instincts transplant. Then add 8-10 above average players around him on offense and he'll be just fine. But the stupid Jets won't do any of these smart things.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#3 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

He will never be a great QB no matter who's around him.
Tank for Teddy.

#4 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

All he needs is a brain, a new set of nerves, and a good instincts transplant. Then add 8-10 above average players around him on offense and he'll be just fine. But the stupid Jets won't do any of these smart things.

I think a brain would do wonders, more than the others. It's sad and telling that he says he needs to understand where the mistakes came from. They're glaringly obvious on the screen. He can't see them on game film? He panick threw the 1st INT. Missed on a bomb TD to Schill because he was late on his read. Completely over threw the receiver on the 2nd INT and underthrew the receiver on the 3rd INT. All 3 shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.
Posted Image

#5 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thats just it in a nutshell. Sanchez was fair-to-middlin with a very good team around him, very good Oline, Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller, Tomlinson, Greene, a top five defense and lots of time to throw. Put him on the Texans and he might take you to the AFCCG. Of course that can be said of all starting and most backup QB's in the league. Give him a less than stellar surrounding cast and he's Ryan Leaf 2.0

#6 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think a brain would do wonders, more than the others. It's sad and telling that he says he needs to understand where the mistakes came from. They're glaringly obvious on the screen. He can't see them on game film? He panick threw the 1st INT. Missed on a bomb TD to Schill because he was late on his read. Completely over threw the receiver on the 2nd INT and underthrew the receiver on the 3rd INT. All 3 shouldn't have been thrown in the first place.

No he didn't. Peterson just made a ridiculous play. The first two were bad decisions and throws. The third one was neither.

#7 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,936 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't think it's not having a brain. He seems to be getting more and more tentative. Sometimes you need to go more on feel and less on brain. Not that he was so hot before, but he seems to overthink things and it's getting worse, not better.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#8 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

I don't think it's not having a brain. He seems to be getting more and more tentative. Sometimes you need to go more on feel and less on brain. Not that he was so hot before, but he seems to overthink things and it's getting worse, not better.

i agree with this and maybe this benching will be a good step in his "development" - as you say it's not getting better.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#9 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

Future Internet Broadcasting Hall of Fame Inductee

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

It's the whole premise or the first chapter of a book I'm reading. "How We Decide". Of course they use Brady as an example, but other than that, it's enjoyable so far. Sanchez has no feel and never will.

#10 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

No he didn't. Peterson just made a ridiculous play. The first two were bad decisions and throws. The third one was neither.

Not a bad throw? Then how did the CB catch a ball that was thrown to an open receiver? How was he even in position to?

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,936 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

It's the whole premise or the first chapter of a book I'm reading. "How We Decide". Of course they use Brady as an example, but other than that, it's enjoyable so far. Sanchez has no feel and never will.

He used to seem like he did. He's streaky. It seems like when things go bad he doesn't trust himself. Unlike some of our other QBs (Clemens, what I remember from Browning Nagle, Foley) Sanchez showed some real flashes. If he were at another position I'd think he'd be a decent project. At QB? No thanks.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#12 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,524 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Not a bad throw? Then how did the CB catch a ball that was thrown to an open receiver? How was he even in position to?

Because he made a ridiculously awesome play that most corners cannot make?

#14 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Sanchez is scared. He is playing scared and he is one of those feeble minded people who do worse. The benching destroyed any tiny bit of chance there was left.

#15 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,084 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yet this scared boy gets tv stars to make out with-so do feel sorry for him
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#16 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,618 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I think you're both actually right on this one. The last pick was one, that if you looked at it in a vacuum or it came from a top notch QB, you wouldn't think twice about it nor give the QB too much crap for it. It was a great play made by the CB that you would have absolutely never expected him to make. That said, the ridiculous play he made wouldn't have even been possible if Sanchez had properly led Schilens, so he's hardly blameless either, considering Schilens was slowing up and reaching back rather than getting hit in stride. It just becomes even more difficult to give someone the benefit of the doubt in those kinds of situations when they've been playing as awful as Sanchez has.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#17 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm no physicist, but I do believe that the laws of the universe say that defensive backs can make good plays and quarterbacks can make bad throws at the same time.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#18 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm no physicist, but I do believe that the laws of the universe say that defensive backs can make good plays and quarterbacks can make bad throws at the same time.

Right, but it wasn't a bad throw. Sanchez made like two good throws like all game. This was one of them and the defender just made a ridiculous play. Even one of the ESPN NFL analysts said it was a good throw. It's easy to pile on Sanchez, he's an easy target, just do it on plays where he actually deserves it.

#19 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Right, but it wasn't a bad throw. Sanchez made like two good throws like all game. This was one of them and the defender just made a ridiculous play. Even one of the ESPN NFL analysts said it was a good throw. It's easy to pile on Sanchez, he's an easy target, just do it on plays where he actually deserves it.

Oh stop it. Of course it was. You can distinctly see Schillens pull up and even bend to the side because he was poorly led. It wasn't a horrible throw but it also wasn't very good either.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#20 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

This is where we are with this guy. We're actually discussing his GOOD interceptions.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#21 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

It's what happens when a QB relies too much on what the playbook makes it look like and what happens in game.. he is way over thinking and complicating it.

He might get it straightened out by Sunday.

#22 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Look at the replay. Sanchez was late on the throw and underthrew Schill as a result. That's how Peterson was able to intercept it. Schill had to reach back for the ball and Peterson jumped his shoulder to get it. If Sanchez threw the ball when he shouldve it wouldve likely been a TD. Schill had separation but Sanchez blew it by waiting too long.
Posted Image

#23 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Look at the replay. Sanchez was late on the throw and underthrew Schill as a result. That's how Peterson was able to intercept it. Schill had to reach back for the ball and Peterson jumped his shoulder to get it. If Sanchez threw the ball when he shouldve it wouldve likely been a TD. Schill had separation but Sanchez blew it by waiting too long.

I've seen the replay and I saw it live on television. The third interception was a result of a ridiculous play by one of the best corners in the game. It wasn't a bad throw. Was it a perfect one? No. You Sanchez haters are ridiculous. Focus on the first two crap throws. Those were awful. Not the one where about 3 corners in all of football could have made that play.

#24 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I've seen the replay and I saw it live on television. The third interception was a result of a ridiculous play by one of the best corners in the game. It wasn't a bad throw. Was it a perfect one? No. You Sanchez haters are ridiculous. Focus on the first two crap throws. Those were awful. Not the one where about 3 corners in all of football could have made that play.

Like Rutgers said, it was a good INT, but it was also a bad throw. A mediocre CB wouldve knocked the ball away. Schillens got hit in the shoulder with the ball because it was underthrown because you can clearly see that Sanchez was late on the throw. He waits, waits, steps up, then throws. If he had just thrown it when he shouldve Peterson would never have been able to make the INT.
Posted Image

#25 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,669 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

So that one wasn't on him? But he gets a statistical freebie because what's-his-name on Arizona dropped a perfect pick-6 pass and it's barely brought up. You're harping on far more about defending an underthrown deep pass than criticizing another awful pick-6 pass that was only saved by the opponent's incompetence.

I can't believe there is a single Jets fan left that has the energy to defend Mark Sanchez's embarrassing excuse for QB play. I don't get it. I mean you're a Jets fan and presumably you want to see them win a superbowl. Makes no sense to me.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users