Chris Johnson's a Jet

BroadwayJets

Oh goodness no. I like Evans don't get me wrong, but the level of talent at the WR position would keep me from moving up. Evans size is intriguing but many guys his size bust when they get to the league for some reason. Im not saying he's bust potential, what I'm saying is that we can get a quality guy who could be an eventual #1 in the first 2 to 3 rounds for sure. Lee, Cooks, Beckham in the 1st, Matthews and Richardson in the 2nd rd, Bryant and Latimer in the 3rd round. 

If we move up in the draft it better not be for a WR, it better be for a Khalil Mack or something. If Cooks, Lee and Beckham are gone by 18 we should trade back and load up on 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

I'm not convinved about Mack. IMHO If they do go defense in round 1 a corner would make the most sense but damn Evans style of play really makes him look like a day one starter. A bunch of Manziels completions were him simply beating the defender physically to the ball. Did you see the Bama game? I think he is least risky receiver in the draft. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word is 2 years $8.5 mil. Take that with a grain off salt as I want a more prominent source.

That's totally fair if true. More than 4, not yet 5. Better than Fred Jackson, not Marshawn Lynch.

Dude I am telling you all, Idzik knows what the **** he is doing. People are gonna recognize.

Hi all,

Titans fan stopping by to say hello and offer out any info you may have on Chris Johnson. Jets are where I pegged CJ to go since before his release, so kind of happy to see that come true.

Welcome to the site JCB

Financially it's a 2 year deal so when our draft picks start to get paid CJ will be gone.

2 years means nuthing, if he is cut before season 2 starts the salary is voided. only thing that counts is guaranteed money, and I havent seen that yet

Matthews has a lot of drops FCS. Evans is literally open every single play. 

He also has a lot of catches so I can pardon him on the drops. He was the only weapon on the team. From what I read, his drops came from allowing the ball to get into his body. This is easily fixable given that he possess some of the best hands in the draft this year. 

Evans was bullying the CB's in college, he even made Johnny football look better than what he was. That will change a bit when he's playing on Sundays. Evans if you ask me will be a household name to football fans. Im not sh__ting on dude, I just don't feel that after evans there's a huge drop off in talent at the WR position. Even if we overlooked Matthews ( I have a football crush on him, we all know) I still named like 6 other dudes who we could get and develop into something without losing ground on draft picks. 

I forgot who it was, but someone here put me on to Martavis Bryant and I was a bit dismissive on him, but watching him the kid has some upside. He won't be a #1 this year and will certainly need to be coached up, but what I seen from him kinda changed my mind. I wouldn't put him up there with the Richardson's of the world, but thats just my opinion. What I will say is this, either he will be much better than Richardson or he will be much worse. 

And as a side shot, please notice that I said absolutely nothing about Kelvin Benjamin! lol. 

He has.

Looked awful in his last few years in Tenneessee. He had like 20 yards in the game we played @ TEN last season

Well... if you take away the Jets game, he got over 1,000 yards at exactly 4 per carry last season.  Besides, he finished the season on a high note with 127.  Maybe he's not done.

they are paying Vick 5 million dollars for 1 year. He's probably playing. Geno will likely finish the year out however, after Vick gets hurt. 

Flynn was making that kind of money in Seattle and they started Wilson. I'm not saying Geno is Wilson, but if they're preaching competition the money shouldn't matter.

I'm not convinved about Mack. IMHO If they do go defense in round 1 a corner would make the most sense but damn Evans style of play really makes him look like a day one starter. A bunch of Manziels completions were him simply beating the defender physically to the ball. Did you see the Bama game? I think he is least risky receiver in the draft. 

Im not convinced on Mack either. I used his name just because at his position there's considered to be much drop off after he's off the board. We have WR's who may be drafted in the 3rd round that if they would have came out next year could have very well been 1st round picks. If we were "one Mike Evans" away from the goal then I can see it. But even outside of the positions we need to fill, like at WR, we need depth on this team at many positions. We'd be in trouble if anyone of our LB's go down. We'd be in trouble if a safety goes down. Imagine if after signing CJ2K some freak situation occurs and D'Brick and Mangold both goes down for the year. 

We need to be interchangeable. 

Finally. Good job Idzik (pending contract terms).

Why are u worried about contract terms? You've been blaming Idzik for like 6 wks now for not throwing cash at players face while we have a boat load of cash, why do u care if we overpaid to get the best FA RB of the offseason?

Hi Jets Fans,

Titan fan here and regular poster on the www.gotitans.com site. Some Chris Johnson info for you guys --

1. Work ethic not the greatest or the worst. He is never late for meetings but is never the first one there if you know what I mean
  2. He likes excuses for poor performance. If he plays poorly he will try and blame it on run blocking
  3. To play well, according to him, he needs a ton of carries every game
  4. He was called a "Me guy" by former Titan (And New Yorker) Keith Bulluck
  5. He has a tendency to try and dance around looking for the big TD run rather than take a good 4-6 yard gain
  6. He is a feast or famine type runner. He will get the long runs but 20% of his runs are 0 yards or less. He also has a lot of 1-2 yard runs. The entire time CJ was the Titans feature back their time of possession was terrible
  7. Watching last year he appears to have lost a step. However he did play most of the year with a torn meniscus. That being said CJ has been durable over the years. He has not missed a lot of time and does not have much else in the way of nagging injury issues
  8. He has never been a bad character guy and from all appearances is a good family man -- he has a wife and twin kids
  9. The last few years the Titans offensive coaching staff was horrible. Player for a better OC could yield better production out of him

Johnson will be our feature back. Ivory will be used in short yardage situations and as the primary backup. Powell will get a few touches, not many. Goodson will be cut. They will draft a RB to compete for a roster spot.

Stoic I don't think Ivory will be pushed back that far as to say he's just a "short yardage" back. I think you will see Johnson a lot between the 20's and Ivory will be the back in the redzone. I also think if Johnson gets the hot hand in a game and we have the lead you will see Ivory more in the 4th quarter as a fresh set of legs to shut down games. I also feel you we see them both in the backfield more often than not because they are both a threat to catch the football. If anything this makes our offense unpredictable something we have not had here in a long long time. Hopefully Johnson has some burst left in the tank because that's what we're going to need to keep defenses on their toes.

Hi Jets Fans,

Titan fan here and regular poster on the www.gotitans.com site. Some Chris Johnson info for you guys --

1. Work ethic not the greatest or the worst. He is never late for meetings but is never the first one there if you know what I mean
  2. He likes excuses for poor performance. If he plays poorly he will try and blame it on run blocking
  5. He has a tendency to try and dance around looking for the big TD run rather than take a good 4-6 yard gain
  6. He is a feast or famine type runner. He will get the long runs but 20% of his runs are 0 yards or less. He also has a lot of 1-2 yard runs. The entire time CJ was the Titans feature back their time of possession was terrible
  7. Watching last year he appears to have lost a step. However he did play most of the year with a torn meniscus. That being said CJ has been durable over the years. He has not missed a lot of time and does not have much else in the way of nagging injury issues
  8. He has never been a bad character guy and from all appearances is a good family man -- he has a wife and twin kids
  9. The last few years the Titans offensive coaching staff was horrible. Player for a better OC could yield better production out of him

Thanks for the info

Stoic I don't think Ivory will be pushed back that far as to say he's just a "short yardage" back. I think you will see Johnson a lot between the 20's and Ivory will be the back in the redzone. I also think if Johnson gets the hot hand in a game and we have the lead you will see Ivory more in the 4th quarter as a fresh set of legs to shut down games. I also feel you we see them both in the backfield more often than not because they are both a threat to catch the football. If anything this makes our offense unpredictable something we have not had here in a long long time. Hopefully Johnson has some burst left in the tank because that's what we're going to need to keep defenses on their toes.

You make some good points and I agree with you, apart from them both being threats in the passing game. Ivory is not a threat in the passing game at all.

Hi Jets Fans,

• Work ethic not the greatest or the worst. He is never late for meetings but is never the first one there if you know what I mean
  • He likes excuses for poor performance. If he plays poorly he will try and blame it on run blocking
  • To play well, according to him, he needs a ton of carries every game
  • He was called a "Me guy" by former Titan (And New Yorker) Keith Bulluck
  • He has a tendency to try and dance around looking for the big TD run rather than take a good 4-6 yard gain
  • He is a feast or famine type runner. He will get the long runs but 20% of his runs are 0 yards or less. He also has a lot of 1-2 yard runs. The entire time CJ was the Titans feature back their time of possession was terrible
  • Watching last year he appears to have lost a step. However he did play most of the year with a torn meniscus. That being said CJ has been durable over the years. He has not missed a lot of time and does not have much else in the way of nagging injury issues
  • He has never been a bad character guy and from all appearances is a good family man -- he has a wife and twin kids
  • The last few years the Titans offensive coaching staff was horrible. Player for a better OC could yield better production out of him

Perhaps as a Titans fan you can better grade the o-lines run blocking...how would you grade them?

Well... if you take away the Jets game, he got over 1,000 yards at exactly 4 per carry last season.  Besides, he finished the season on a high note with 127.  Maybe he's not done.

I'm aware of the stats. If an RB plays all 16 games and gets a decent number of carries, he will put up 1k on volume alone. My comment had more to do with what i saw whenever i watched him play. Lots of negative runs, very weak inside running, a clear lack of toughness. Not sure if that really fits into what the Jets do when running the ball. You can bet that Ivory will be the one carrying it if we have to play from behind on the road.

At least its a short term deal, can't complain about it from a financial standpoint.

Hi Jets Fans,

and he missed 1 game in 6 year career and Rex always gets more out of guys. .we like the signing..

Perhaps as a Titans fan you can better grade the o-lines run blocking...how would you grade them?

About average run blocking last year

In 2012 it was very poor. Injuries and poor by with the entire interior OL. Every interior lineman was replaced for 2013. Even backups. It took a little while to gel. Ron "Turnstile" Tuner was the center at the start of the year and was terrible. Once he was replaced everything got a lot better. Rookie Chance Warmack struggled in pass protection but was strong in run blocking. Andy Levitrie got better as the year went on. RT position was a problem. LT was solid.

Also, the run blocking from TEs and the FB was strong.

Im not convinced on Mack either. I used his name just because at his position there's considered to be much drop off after he's off the board. We have WR's who may be drafted in the 3rd round that if they would have came out next year could have very well been 1st round picks. If we were "one Mike Evans" away from the goal then I can see it. But even outside of the positions we need to fill, like at WR, we need depth on this team at many positions. We'd be in trouble if anyone of our LB's go down. We'd be in trouble if a safety goes down. Imagine if after signing CJ2K some freak situation occurs and D'Brick and Mangold both goes down for the year. 

We need to be interchangeable. 

You make good points, a big part of a winning season is luck with the injuries. Depth is certainly something to

hope for.

I'm aware of the stats. If an RB plays all 16 games and gets a decent number of carries, he will put up 1k on volume alone. My comment had more to do with what i saw whenever i watched him play. Lots of negative runs, very weak inside running, a clear lack of toughness. Not sure if that really fits into what the Jets do when running the ball. You can bet that Ivory will be the one carrying it if we have to play from behind on the road.

At least its a short term deal, can't complain about it from a financial standpoint.

I thought when you played from behind you wanted the home run hitter.  Ivory is to kill clock when teams know you are going to run.  

About average run blocking last year

In 2012 it was very poor. Injuries and poor by with the entire interior OL. Every interior lineman was replaced for 2013. Even backups. It took a little while to gel. Ron "Turnstile" Tuner was the center at the start of the year and was terrible. Once he was replaced everything got a lot better. Rookie Chance Warmack struggled in pass protection but was strong in run blocking. Andy Levitrie got better as the year went on. RT position was a problem. LT was solid.

Also, the run blocking from TEs and the FB was strong.

Rob Turner?  Guys were crushed when he left here.  Absolutely devastated. 

Archived