Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So this is what happens when you have competition...

80 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Good post.

Idzik is the bestest. Rex is a glorified cheerleader. LOL

Posted · Report post

All I got from this is that Jason Babin is succeeding where Rex hasn't.

Posted · Report post

I'm still wondering who the "accomplished" QB is.

Posted · Report post

It's a collaboration, always has been between a good Gm and coach. maybe we finally have a Good GM who knows what talent matches his coaches skillset/temperment.

Come on Tom, find a new schtick ;)

Posted · Report post

It's a collaboration, always has been between a good Gm and coach. maybe we finally have a Good GM who knows what talent matches his coaches skillset/temperment.

Come on Tom, find a new schtick ;)

The only "talent" that apparently matches Rex's skillset and temperament are players who were already successful in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Nice thread. Keep posting.

Idzik has accomplished a lot in two off seasons.

Posted (edited) · Report post

We've heard Idzik say it a million times.  He wants there to be competition at camp.  I think this approach has worked great thus far.

• He brought in Jason Babin.  All of a sudden Coples is having a strong camp.
  • He brought in a new group of WR's.  Hill is improving.
  • He brought in an accomplished backup QB.  Geno has looked the part.
  • He drafts Pryor.  Landry having a strong camp.
  • He drafts Dozier/Oboushy.  Now Winters is being pushed.

The mere fact that there is a competent replacement behind some of these guys seems to be having a positive impact and I'm thrilled.

Sometimes it takes someone else being a viable replacement to get the most out of players.

In two drafts/free agency periods Idzik has reshaped our approach to team building.  I like it a lot.

Great post.  Dont let the haters derail it.

You're right.  Idzik finally has created depth and a true competitive nature in camp.  You're starting to see some of the young players truly step up and be the leaders of the team.  Then you bring a guy like Decker, a true professional and a talented RB with a chip on his shoulder and the culture is starting form.

Still think they're probably another offseason of additions before we can start really challenging the Pats, but they're getting closer and closer.  And if Geno makes a big leap, than we're even closer than I thought.

Love the Idzik, Rex, Marty, Thurman mix at the helm.  Feel like we're finally in great hands and they sky is the limit.

Pumped for the season!

Edited by JiF

Posted · Report post

Dozier is going to be real good imo.

Posted · Report post

Dozier is going to be real good imo.

Agreed.

Posted · Report post

So do we have to bring in some sort of super-troll for T0mshane to up his game? Because lately, it feels just like he's going through the motions, and frankly, this site deserves better than that.

My super-troll game is super-trill and would melt the servers here, skinny.

Posted · Report post

and zach is pushing amaro

that's a good thing

Posted · Report post

My super-troll game is super-trill and would melt the servers here, skinny.

I don't know Thomas, it just seems like you're spinning the wheels. Your "heart" doesn't really seem into it. I haven't seen any new posters meltdown or storm off because of you.  I guess I've just grown to expect more. 

Posted · Report post

It sure is nice to have 5 #5 receivers, but I would trade them all for a single #2 receiver. It sure is nice to have 4 #5 corners, but I would trade them all for a single #2 corner.

Posted · Report post

and zach is pushing amaro

that's a good thing

getting the sense it could be a redshirt year for Jace...Geno apparently yelling at him on the field today about not reading his playbook.

Posted · Report post

I don't know Thomas, it just seems like you're spinning the wheels. Your "heart" doesn't really seem into it. I haven't seen any new posters meltdown or storm off because of you.  I guess I've just grown to expect more. 

Max needs to bring in some competition.

getting the sense it could be a redshirt year for Jace...Geno apparently yelling at him on the field today about not reading his playbook.

Thats awesome to hear about Geno.

Not cool about Jace.  He kind of looks like a bonehead.

Edited by JiF

Posted · Report post

It sure is nice to have 5 #5 receivers, but I would trade them all for a single #2 receiver. It sure is nice to have 4 #5 corners, but I would trade them all for a single #2 corner.

Do you go to any games? If you show up to any games this year. Let me know. I want to.... Buy you a beer.

Posted · Report post

Thats awesome to hear about Geno.

Not cool about Jace. He kind of looks like a bonehead.

The soft label has been surfacing which scares me.

Posted · Report post

You're right! Idzik has the brain of a super hero! Paired with Ryan's ________ we are going to the Super Bowl.

Posted · Report post

The only "talent" that apparently matches Rex's skillset and temperament are players who were already successful in the NFL.

Ya mean like Sheldon Richardson?

We've heard Idzik say it a million times.  He wants there to be competition at camp.  I think this approach has worked great thus far.

• He brought in Jason Babin.  All of a sudden Coples is having a strong camp.
  • He brought in a new group of WR's.  Hill is improving.
  • He brought in an accomplished backup QB.  Geno has looked the part.
  • He drafts Pryor.  Landry having a strong camp.
  • He drafts Dozier/Oboushy.  Now Winters is being pushed.

The mere fact that there is a competent replacement behind some of these guys seems to be having a positive impact and I'm thrilled.

Sometimes it takes someone else being a viable replacement to get the most out of players.

In two drafts/free agency periods Idzik has reshaped our approach to team building.  I like it a lot.

Depth is key. No team is going to avoid the injury bug totally. You need to have as little drop off as possible when exchanging players and you also need stability on both sides of the ball. You can only get that with this type of competition. Look how many strong CB's seattle has produced. Browner, Thurmond, sherman, Maxwell etc. And this is just in a span of 3 years. All these guys got playing time. All were competitive but most of all supported one another. I think this is what John Idzik is trying to bring to the group. Players will push one another to excellence but will support because at the end of the day its about winning, not who's the starter. This is why Idzik kept all these picks. Its hard pushing certain philosophy's to veterans generally. You bring them in as rookies, unrestricted rookie free agents etc. and you mold them into a successful team. 

John Idzik is going to make a winner, and I hope its before Brady retires. I'd love to return the favor for a year or two! 

Edited by Villain The Foe

Posted · Report post

Love the Idzik, Rex, Marty, Thurman mix at the helm.  Feel like we're finally in great hands and they sky is the limit.

Pumped for the season!

These guys are all on the same page. It's fun watching the finger pointers trying to pretend they're not.

Posted · Report post

Do you go to any games? If you show up to any games this year. Let me know. I want to.... Buy you a beer.

Yeah I go to a game every year, sometimes 2.

Will there be poison in the beer? I have many enemies here.