We've heard Idzik say it a million times. He wants there to be competition at camp. I think this approach has worked great thus far.
- He brought in Jason Babin. All of a sudden Coples is having a strong camp.
- He brought in a new group of WR's. Hill is improving.
- He brought in an accomplished backup QB. Geno has looked the part.
- He drafts Pryor. Landry having a strong camp.
- He drafts Dozier/Oboushy. Now Winters is being pushed.
The mere fact that there is a competent replacement behind some of these guys seems to be having a positive impact and I'm thrilled.
Sometimes it takes someone else being a viable replacement to get the most out of players.
In two drafts/free agency periods Idzik has reshaped our approach to team building. I like it a lot.