The Jets have reached out to Rex Grossman

T0mShane

Still not sure any of you posted the name of any QB clearly worse than Geno.  Some of you are acting like we had a franchise QB who got his jaw broken.   I would say this has as much of a chance to help this team as it does hurting it.   

Hey Crusher. 

Do you think that any Patriots fans will take the time out to fly a plane over Florham Park? lol. I gotta say, I thought it was Rex who made this place a circus. But you seriously cannot make this up. Tom Brady gets suspended for 4 games and what do Jet players do? We knock out our QB, get cut, Get suspended for weed and follow that up by evading the police after doing a buck-43 on the high way. 

I love this team dude! lol. Absolutely hilarious! 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if you'll be singing the same tune when Winston's true colors shine through when he gets kicked in the teeth on a bad Bucs team.

For the record, I dont expect Mariota to set the world on fire as a rookie on a bad team. I do, however, expect him to act like a leader when things go bad and work hard to improve. Winston will fall apart.

Does that mean Marriota would have paid the $600??

Please stop this nonsense. There was ZERO production from him last season. How would he increase upon that in any way? This is mind boggling.

Don't think it's nonsense.  Actually it's pretty simple.  We need someone for a few weeks.  Rex is hurt and won't be able to prep in time to be ready week 1.  What else is there?

Vick while disappointing last season is easily the best short term answer.  He can start practicing/learning day one.  Can still cause defenses trouble with his mobility.  Still has a good arm.  Obviously knows the Jets and many of the players even if the system has changed.  And won't have any problem stepping into and leading the huddle. 

We're not looking to find our next franchise guy.  Just someone to keep the season from falling apart early on.

Still not sure any of you posted the name of any QB clearly worse than Geno.  Some of you are acting like we had a franchise QB who got his jaw broken.   I would say this has as much of a chance to help this team as it does hurting it.   

Well to be fair the ones that are worse are all dead.

Hey Crusher. 

Do you think that any Patriots fans will take the time out to fly a plane over Florham Park? lol. I gotta say, I thought it was Rex who made this place a circus. But you seriously cannot make this up. Tom Brady gets suspended for 4 games and what do Jet players do? We knock out our QB, get cut, Get suspended for weed and follow that up by evading the police after doing a buck-43 on the high way. 

I love this team dude! lol. Absolutely hilarious!

Stranger than fiction my friend, stranger than fiction.

Don't think it's nonsense. Actually it's pretty simple. We need someone for a few weeks. Rex is hurt and won't be able to prep in time to be ready week 1. What else is there?

Vick while disappointing last season is easily the best short term answer. He can start practicing/learning day one. Can still cause defenses trouble with his mobility. Still has a good arm. Obviously knows the Jets and many of the players even if the system has changed. And won't have any problem stepping into and leading the huddle.

We're not looking to find our next franchise guy. Just someone to keep the season from falling apart early on.

No. Move on.

Please stop this nonsense. There was ZERO production from him last season. How would he increase upon that in any way? This is mind boggling.

We're bringing in Tyler Thigpen for a workout, and he's had quite literally zero production since 2012. I don't like Vick either, but "mind-boggling"' is a little strong, given the alternatives.

We're bringing in Tyler Thigpen for a workout, and he's had quite literally zero production since 2012. I don't like Vick either, but "mind-boggling"' is a little strong, given the alternatives.

That's fair, but why bring in a QB who showed zero interest in actually playing when he had the chance last season and is just trying to get out of massive debt?

That's fair, but why bring in a QB who showed zero interest in actually playing when he had the chance last season and is just trying to get out of massive debt?

I was just quibbling with the semantics. Vick can get ****ed and the fact that we apparently haven't so much as called him is great news as far as I'm concerned.

No. Move on.

No thanks. Appreciate the well thought out reply though.

Thank you. I don't love the option either. But best alternative I see.

Yeah but Kurt Warner, bagging groceries greatest toe turf on Earth.  OWNED!!!!

NFL Network reported the Jets have decided to roll with the 3 QBs they have on the roster.  They feel confident they can pick up another vet qb near the end of preseason purely to backup fitz.

Mistake if you ask me.  I do agree that they can get a better vet at camp cut down time for sure. However with some camp left and a full 4 pre season games that is a lot of work for 3 QB's and offers up more injury potential.  I would have at least preferred another camp arm even if the guy was going to be dumped at the end of camp.

Mistake if you ask me. I do agree that they can get a better vet at camp cut down time for sure. However with some camp left and a full 4 pre season games that is a lot of work for 3 QB's and offers up more injury potential. I would have at least preferred another camp arm even if the guy was going to be dumped at the end of camp.

Sh!t. Yeah that's a mistake. They're now basically gambling the entire season on Fitz staying healthy.

The team overall is improved, sure. But if Fitz goes down and we lose every game 'til Geno or Fitz ready to roll again, the team isn't good enough to dig out of an 0-5 hole.

Really hope they pickup a vet in time to get some preseason work.

Unless Geno's outlook isn't as bad as predicted? Any word/updates on the surgery and expected recovery time other than 6-10 weeks?

Mistake if you ask me.  I do agree that they can get a better vet at camp cut down time for sure. However with some camp left and a full 4 pre season games that is a lot of work for 3 QB's and offers up more injury potential.  I would have at least preferred another camp arm even if the guy was going to be dumped at the end of camp.

Sh!t. Yeah that's a mistake. They're now basically gambling the entire season on Fitz staying healthy.

The team overall is improved, sure. But if Fitz goes down and we lose every game 'til Geno or Fitz ready to roll again, the team isn't good enough to dig out of an 0-5 hole.

Really hope they pickup a vet in time to get some preseason work.

Unless Geno's outlook isn't as bad as predicted? Any word/updates on the surgery and expected recovery time other than 6-10 weeks?

Who do you guys want?  There is literally NOBODY to sign that isn't injured right now.  I think its the best move at this moment.  I'd prefer a vet right now but there just isn't any.  Our younger guys will have pressure free preseason games to evaluate at an early stage. Fitz will probably get very little playing time in preseason besides the 3rd preseason game.

Archived