The courtroom sketch of Tom Brady is hilarious.

Bob

The Judge is trying to scare the parties into settling.  Judges hate issuing rulings they want everyone to settle.

http://news.yahoo.com/deflategate-brings-tom-brady-roger-goodell-court-065005054--spt.html;_ylt=AwrBT9Nb0stVDbEA9BdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Judge puts NFL on hot seat as he belittles 'Deflategate'

NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge put the NFL on the defensive over its four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Wednesday, demanding to know what evidence directly links Brady to deflating footballs and belittling the drama of the controversy.

Nash responded there was "considerable evidence Mr. Brady clearly knew about this," including records of text messages and phone calls between the quarterback and one of two Patriots employees implicated in the scandal known as "Deflategate.""What is the direct evidence that implicates Mr. Brady?" Judge Richard M. Berman repeatedly asked NFL lawyer Daniel L. Nash at the first hearing in the civil case in Manhattan federal court as Brady and Commissioner Roger Goodell looked on.

But he also said there was no "smoking gun" showing Brady had direct knowledge that the balls were underinflated for the first half of the Patriots' 45-7 win over the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC championship game Jan. 18.

more....

On Wednesday, Berman called it "ironic or not" that Brady's statistics were better in the second half of the AFC championship game, after the balls were re-inflated.

"You might say (Brady) got no better advantage from the under-inflation," the judge said.

At one point, the judge also seemed to try to defuse the controversy, saying: "This Deflategate. I'm not sure where the 'gate' comes from.

To pats fans and just about every legal analysis. Read the transcripts, the judge kept going at Goodell n the NFL.

Drdetroit is right on.  You are setting yourself up for a big let-down if you think that today's proceedings mean that Brady will win if the judge ends up having to issue a decision. 

I just can't wait until Brady and the Pats are cleared of all wrong doing!!!

I am just so sick of Jets jealous fans bringing up their tapping of practices, the destruction of evidence, plowing the field during storms, altering balls and all the other things there is evidence of....

I just can't wait....... :tumbleweed:

delete.

Ghost ... You became your namesake and disappeared in the other deflate gate thread ... Or perhaps you just missed my 2 questions to you about the 2010-2014 pats RB/WR fumble stats vs their opponents in those games

NE - 36 fumbles

Opp - 72 fumbles

Is my belief that more scrutiny on the ball in 2015 will magically cause the NE fumble rate to come down to meet the rest of the NFL a mistake?

If that does occur is my belief that you will be nowhere around to accept that fact (or if you are here you will make up some hocus-pocus by focus reason for it) a mistake?

Ghost ... You became your namesake and disappeared in the other deflate gate thread ... Or perhaps you just missed my 2 questions to you about the 2010-2014 pats RB/WR fumble stats vs their opponents in those games

NE - 36 fumbles

Opp - 72 fumbles

Is my belief that more scrutiny on the ball in 2015 will magically cause the NE fumble rate to come down to meet the rest of the NFL a mistake?

If that does occur is my belief that you will be nowhere around to accept that fact (or if you are here you will make up some hocus-pocus by focus reason for it) a mistake?

I addressed all your posts that werent idiotic before.

As i said before. A well coach team is a well coached team. Steven Ridley being fumble prone doesn't add up to the pats alleged cheating.

N i honestly dont give a damn when i come on here if you are on or not.

Poll taken by nfl players..

58% say the pats didnt cheat...sucks to be you

Drdetroit is right on. You are setting yourself up for a big let-down if you think that today's proceedings mean that Brady will win if the judge ends up having to issue a decision.

Im not setting myself up for anything. I been said my piece this. So whether brady is suspended or not changes nothing i ever said. Judge brought up some fair points on the NFL screwing this up.

Again see link.

It was a typo. Dont be a d*ck. You could of obviously figure out what i was trying to type there.

We're not allowed to say dick on this site?  Wait . . . you can. 

If that was a typo, then a tsunami is a gentle drop of rain.  I have no idea wtf you were trying to say. 

We're not allowed to say dick on this site? Wait . . . you can.

If that was a typo, then a tsunami is a gentle drop of rain. I have no idea wtf you were trying to say.

I said my piece *on* this. I forgot the word *on* its that big of a deal?

And you just said it. Plus i didnt type the full word. But u did

If the judge wants a smoking gun, subpoena the cell phone company records and get all the dirt out on the table. That's what I was hoping for when it went to court but I was under the impression his job is strictly to decide whether or not the NFL violated the CBA procedure

Archived