It's time for a change

Smo0v3mik3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno Smith, season savior, eh? :lol:

Whelp, had to know the Geno Obsessives would come out the second Fitz failed in any way, and Fitz gave them plenty of ammo today with which to shoot him.

Bowles seems like a "do what he thinks is best, period" kinda guy, so if he thinks Geno is better, he'll start Geno I believe.

I expect Geno to fail, horribly, for a third year in a row, but who knows.  I've been wrong before.

I agree in the sense Fitz is a good back up but he's not a 16 game QB plus we have to find out about metal jaw sooner or later.. I doubt if Bowles will make a switch this soon though..

Bowles pretty much confirmed that Fitz had the first 4 games before the bye. If Fitz plays lights out against the Fins he could possibly keep the job. Fitz was okay vs the Colts though nothing "irreplaceable", but today wasnt a good day at all. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a back up QB. Granted, we all knew that but the 2-0 start had us high on the roller coaster...and we finally hit that gut wrenching dip. 

Nope.

Fitz knows how to run Gailey's offense. Geno doesn't. It would be a downgrade.

This isn't even a discussion, tbh

Dude, stop it. If you call what you seen today "running an offense" then you need never to engage in such coversation. Fitz looked bad today and it wasnt because he was missing Decker and Ivory, he was missing accuracy everywhere. He's a back up QB and he's doing well (record wise) based on that fact. 

I agree in the sense Fitz is a good back up but he's not a 16 game QB plus we have to find out about metal jaw sooner or later.. I doubt if Bowles will make a switch this soon though..

That's the main reasons why you have to switch, 1. we know Fitz is sh*t, and 2. Jets need to find out if Smith is sh*t or, not before next season so they can plan accordingly.

Dude, stop it. If you call what you seen today "running an offense" then you need never to engage in such coversation. Fitz looked bad today and it wasnt because he was missing Decker and Ivory, he was missing accuracy everywhere. He's a back up QB and he's doing well (record wise) based on that fact. 

Fitz is what he is, we know he is just as likely to throw an INT as he is a TD.

Geno is worse though. At least Fitz can get the ball to Decker and Marshall.

I don't like Geno much either, but I think he is better than Fitz, and the 5 games Decker was healthy last year, and Geno played his numbers were pretty good, throw in Marshall, and D Smith maybe we are all wrong, and Geno is just a douche who can actually play the QB position.  We know what Fitz is, lets find out for sure what Geno is so the Jets can make 2016 plans at QB.

I would hold off until the bye week to make a change.  

I tend to agree here mainly because of his health (which I know nothing about) Don't want him worrying about his jaw.  If the two more weeks gives him to the chance to get to 100% then wait.  But if he's 100% now I see no reason not to make the switch.

And you know this how exactly?  Through all the games and video youve observed?

I don't but its a logical conclusion based on:

1. Fitz's experience w/ Gailey during all those years in Buffalo

2. Geno not doing full practices in training camp and missing pre-season. Wouldn't he a need a bit more time?

In Both Decker and Marshall careers, they've proven that they can assist any QB with getting the ball to them. Decker made Tebow look better than what he was and Look at what Josh McCown has been able to do after playing that one year with Marshall? 

Fitz is what he is, indeed. But obviously Geno isnt as worse as you proclaim because Fitz couldnt beat him out in the offseason for the Job on top of the fact that you havent seen him in the offense. Thats purely opinion based on his rookie and 2nd year which you've decided not to take into account as him being "new to the league and learning". And whether you want to acknowledge it or not (doesnt really matter) Geno Smith has potential upside, something that Fitz clearly doesnt have since he's now on the back end of his career. 

These are things that have been said dozens of times. You can definitely disagree but all the "This isnt even a discussion" part, especially after what you just seen from Ryan Fitzpatrick (which is what he's always done) makes me not take that statement serious at all. 

I don't but its a logical conclusion based on:

1. Fitz's experience w/ Gailey during all those years in Buffalo

2. Geno not doing full practices in training camp and missing pre-season. Wouldn't he a need a bit more time?

And that Geno was outplaying Fitz by every report up until getting punched out?  That he was the starting QB of this team except for an injury?

lets not forget Gailey knows Fitz better than anybody and he chose Geno EARLY because he knows Fitz sucks-Fitz started out of default

Very good point.  Everyone likes to talk about how much better Fitz is because he knows the system, but Gaily chose to give the job to Geno (almost sight unseen) 

Fitz is an NFL back-up QB..nothing more, nothing less..

Very good point.  Everyone likes to talk about how much better Fitz is because he knows the system, but Gaily chose to give the job to Geno (almost sight unseen) 

Fitz is an NFL back-up QB..nothing more, nothing less..

When they signed Fitz the Jets told him he was signed to be the back up QB.

I don't like Geno much either, but I think he is better than Fitz, and the 5 games Decker was healthy last year, and Geno played his numbers were pretty good, throw in Marshall, and D Smith maybe we are all wrong, and Geno is just a douche who can actually play the QB position.  We know what Fitz is, lets find out for sure what Geno is so the Jets can make 2016 plans at QB.

He had one good game in Miami, week 17. That's it. His worst games were with Decker in the team. Remember the MNF game against Miami at home, when Rex ran the ball 30+ times with CJ and Ivory just to keep the ball out of his hands. That was a week after that horrific game in Detroit against Buffalo when we lost 38-3, with Geno playing like sh*t.

Under a different offense and coaching staff of course, but its hard to forget. 

I'll take my Ls with Fitz because i just think he is a better QB than Geno.

He had one good game in Miami, week 17. That's it. His worst games were with Decker in the team. Remember the MNF game against Miami at home, when Rex ran the ball 30+ times with CJ and Ivory just to keep the ball out of hands. That was a week after that horrific game in Detroit against Buffalo when we lost 38-3, with Geno playing like sh*t.

Under a different offense and coaching staff of course, but its hard to forget. 

I'll take my Ls with Fitz because i just think he is a better QB than Geno.

He didnt play the week before Miami at home.  That game was there for the taking and Rex decided he was going to show Idzik for making him play Geno.  Geno went on to play 4 really good games after that.  Not just one.  And Decker was injured early, was healthier at the end, helping to show that maybe Geno needed help, wasnt all on him

I personally have not seen anything impressive regarding Fitz's play.  He is not accurate, he cannot throw the ball deep, he misses open receivers and he throws butterflies rather than spirals with zip.  we might as well use this season as Geno's last stand, so if he fails we can finally cut him.  The first two games were wins mainly becuase of poor/sloppy play by Cleveland and Indy rather than anything great on the Jets side of the ball.  Make the switch now!

And that Geno was outplaying Fitz by every report up until getting punched out?  That he was the starting QB of this team except for an injury?

Outplaying Fitz in what, the first 10 days of camp? When they are out scrimmaging 5x5 in gym shorts?

He is coming off a lengthy set-back, you can't just throw him in and expect him to do good.

If the Jets want to go from 2-1 to 2-14 as quickly as possible, the HUGE BUST from WVU is the man for the QB job.

After all, despite him stinking for 2 straight seasons, his fan club is basing everything on a few OTAS and 8 no contact practice sessions. And those have never ever been deceptive

Outplaying Fitz in what, the first 10 days of camp? When they are out scrimmaging 5x5 in gym shorts?

He is coming off a lengthy set-back, you can't just throw him in and expect him to do good.

In the part that made the coaching staff pick him as their starter.  

But keep denying it or telling us why they were wrong doing it.  They did

Archived