Interesting mock draft for jets worth the read based on the many trade projections

Jets Daily Dosage.

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I like the concept of picking up all those extra picks, but man are those some brutal selections. I'll break a window if we pick Mahomes at 13. 

You won't be the only one.

Picks are nice for the rebuild. Too high for Mahomes? Sure. I'd be mad, but as long as you don't have a qb, you've gotta try to address it. second round I wouldnt complain about the position at least. If you don't like the prospect replace it with another CB. 3rd round has some good pick, but I don't like the idea of a WR or NT. I'd replace those with an OLB prospect and RB/ TE.

5 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Picks are nice for the rebuild. Too high for Mahomes? Sure. I'd be mad, but as long as you don't have a qb, you've gotta try to address it. second round I wouldnt complain about the position at least. If you don't like the prospect replace it with another CB. 3rd round has some good pick, but I don't like the idea of a WR or NT. I'd replace those with an OLB prospect and RB/ TE.

I agree, I have no problem with Mahomes. Gun slinger not unlike Stafford (Can throw on the run from crazy angles), fans have no clue what QBs will emerge as players but the Jets damn sure need to hedge their bets & a Petty, Hackenberg, Mahomes trifecta at least increases our odds of finding our future QB.

As for the trades? LOVE THEM, but hate the WR & NT picks. Replace those picks with Safety,CB,Edge Rusher, RB, TE and I'm fine with it. 2 year rebuild, hit on the 3rd rounders & your off to a great start.

I am perplexed by everyone wanting to trade down to stockpile 2nd and 3rd rounders. Devin Smith, Hackenberg, Mauldin and a  Jordan Jenkins worth an Ed Reed or Gronk like  Malik Hoker and OJ Howard are being compared to?

15 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I am perplexed by everyone wanting to trade down to stockpile 2nd and 3rd rounders. Devin Smith, Hackenberg, Mauldin and a  Jordan Jenkins worth an Ed Reed or Gronk like  Malik Hoker and OJ Howard are being compared to?

To be fair all the prospects get compared to the GOAT. How often does it actually come to fruition? Bust rates are still high. Would I complain about getting some top talent? Of course not, but the value of this draft is not at the top. This is a deep draft and when you are a rebuilding team you need to set the next foundation. If the Jets somehow got that many 3's, I'd prob look to trade back into the second or acquire another pick for next year personally.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I agree, I have no problem with Mahomes. Gun slinger not unlike Stafford (Can throw on the run from crazy angles), fans have no clue what QBs will emerge as players but the Jets damn sure need to hedge their bets & a Petty, Hackenberg, Mahomes trifecta at least increases our odds of finding our future QB.

As for the trades? LOVE THEM, but hate the WR & NT picks. Replace those picks with Safety,CB,Edge Rusher, RB, TE and I'm fine with it. 2 year rebuild, hit on the 3rd rounders & your off to a great start.

the problem with this pick is that mccags won't be around to see mahomes develop if hack doesn't show promise.  mccags job depends on having a young qb show promise this season.  i don't know if he would gamble with mahomes in the first round, given the project that he is, a year after he is still getting heat for taking a project qb in the 2nd round.

that said i do believe the rumors that the jets are considering qbs in the first, and that they could trade back and take one.  i actually think the jets are going to have a good draft, but i have no idea what they're going to do.  i expect them to trade back from #6, but i also wouldn't be surprised if they stayed there and took trubisky.  i just don't see them staying at 6 and taking a guy like lattimore or howard, that just doesn't seem to feel like their strategy.  i expect a fun, unpredictable draft.

14 hours ago, Lray said:

Both of the CBS mock drafts I've seen have provided the perfect scenario where the Jets trade back twice and then sh*tted on it all by making the worst picks imaginable!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I do not think the first pick is bad but I agree the others netted as a result of the trades are terrible

Of course this is all based on the ability of Mac to pull off all this wheeling and dealing. Based on his small sample size I'm not to confident in that ability. While I think some trades are possible I don't see that many deals happening especially with this GM. I hope that Mac can stockpile picks but stockpiling picks is one thing, drafting is quite another. The jury is still out on Mac and the picks he has made although some have already panned the picks he has made this draft will make or break him IMO.

When its all said and done I think the Jets may acquire 1 or 2 additional picks but will mostly pick in the current order. They are willing to trade down or up in whatever round but it takes 2 to tango and I just don't see that many willing partners in such an underwhelming draft class.

11 hours ago, jetsfansince7 said:

Trade back and take the tackle from Alabama.

This, and considering the depth, there should be a good CB (King or Conley) and OLB (Watt, Bowser or McKinley) waiting in the second round with the Jets initial pick and the extra pick from trade, grab a Center (Pocic or Elflein) in the 3rd and the online rebuild is rolling, use the comp pick for TE Jake Butt, Chad Kelly in the later rounds (where a project QB should be selected) and we can party like it's 1969

I think there are two feasible trade-back scenarios:

1. If Fournette is still on the board at 6, Mac should be able to find a trade partner.

2. If Trubisky is still on the board, I'll bet Mac could swing a deal with Cleveland swapping our 6 with their 12 and getting either their 2.01, a combination of their 2.20 + 3.01, or one of these plus a 2018 pick.  

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think there are two feasible trade-back scenarios:

1. If Fournette is still on the board at 6, Mac should be able to find a trade partner.

2. If Trubisky is still on the board, I'll bet Mac could swing a deal with Cleveland swapping our 6 with their 12 and getting either their 2.01, a combination of their 2.20 + 3.01, or one of these plus a 2018 pick.  

That would be ideal. They could grab a cb in rd 1, an olb (Harris) and a safety (King) in round 2. They then could possibly have 3 3rd round picks where they pick up a center, a RB and a TE.  Plenty of good quality players will be left in rd 3 which will help rebuild the roster. Hoping they don't draft a QB and stay focused on adding players.  Next year the QB crop is much better and we should have a top 5 pick!

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the problem with this pick is that mccags won't be around to see mahomes develop if hack doesn't show promise.  mccags job depends on having a young qb show promise this season.  i don't know if he would gamble with mahomes in the first round, given the project that he is, a year after he is still getting heat for taking a project qb in the 2nd round.

that said i do believe the rumors that the jets are considering qbs in the first, and that they could trade back and take one.  i actually think the jets are going to have a good draft, but i have no idea what they're going to do.  i expect them to trade back from #6, but i also wouldn't be surprised if they stayed there and took trubisky.  i just don't see them staying at 6 and taking a guy like lattimore or howard, that just doesn't seem to feel like their strategy.  i expect a fun, unpredictable draft.

I think this narrative that Maccs job is on the line is ridiculous. Everyone & their brother knows the Jets past drafts have been some of the worst in the NFL. That's not Maccs fault. I like the way Macc & his scouts draft, BPA but from top football programs, saving the small schools for late rounders & UDFAs, (unlike before when we're taking Vlad Ducasse from UMASS in the f*cking 2nd round?). 

What the NY Jets need is continuity at the 2nd level under the Owner. The mistake this organization made was keeping Bradway around for as long as they did. That guy should have been gone LONG AGO! The trade for the Oakland TE, Nugent in the 2nd round, Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp? I mean seriously? 

Sure Jet fans can complain about Macc & disagree on Lee but give me who you would have taken instead? It's not like a Brady/Sapp scenario where taking Lee we missed on a HOF player. Macc didn't pick Bowles either. If anything Macc should have MORE POWER instead of this silly power structure set up where Macc & Bowles both answer to Woody. 

While the Pats keep winning the Jets need to stay the course with Macc trying to build a team. Compared to Pat Kirwin, Bradway, Parcells, Tannenbaum, Idzik, I truly believe that Macc & the scouting team they've put together are more competent then all of them put together when it comes to draft preperation. Macc is all in as a GM, you can tell the guy lives, eats & sleeps football. You can't fix 4/5 years of horrific drafting overnight. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I think this narrative that Maccs job is on the line is ridiculous. Everyone & their brother knows the Jets past drafts have been some of the worst in the NFL. That's not Maccs fault. I like the way Macc & his scouts draft, BPA but from top football programs, saving the small schools for late rounders & UDFAs, (unlike before when we're taking Vlad Ducasse from UMASS in the f*cking 2nd round?). 

What the NY Jets need is continuity at the 2nd level under the Owner. The mistake this organization made was keeping Bradway around for as long as they did. That guy should have been gone LONG AGO! The trade for the Oakland TE, Nugent in the 2nd round, Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp? I mean seriously? 

Sure Jet fans can complain about Macc & disagree on Lee but give me who you would have taken instead? It's not like a Brady/Sapp scenario where taking Lee we missed on a HOF player. Macc didn't pick Bowles either. If anything Macc should have MORE POWER instead of this silly power structure set up where Macc & Bowles both answer to Woody. 

While the Pats keep winning the Jets need to stay the course with Macc trying to build a team. Compared to Pat Kirwin, Bradway, Parcells, Tannenbaum, Idzik, I truly believe that Macc & the scouting team they've put together are more competent then all of them put together when it comes to draft preperation. Macc is all in as a GM, you can tell the guy lives, eats & sleeps football. You can't fix 4/5 years of horrific drafting overnight. 

i think mccags' job is on the line, as is bowles'.  this will be his 3rd draft, and the jets have an owner who is unduly influenced by public perception.  if the jets do not have any success at the qb position this year with any of their young prospects and the season unwinds like it did last year and fans pay to have banners flying over camp, i think it's another housecleaning, whether that's actually warranted or not.  there have been a lot of decent and good qbs drafted in recent years, and mccags needs a hit on one.  

why all the trade back...sorry but you would rather try to trade up into the late 1st for PM. Take the 6th pick and shoot for an impact player either on defense or offense. Or better yet watch the qbs slide to where you pick and do not move up from the 2nd round. because we all klnow someone is going to slide

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i think mccags' job is on the line, as is bowles'.  this will be his 3rd draft, and the jets have an owner who is unduly influenced by public perception.  if the jets do not have any success at the qb position this year with any of their young prospects and the season unwinds like it did last year and fans pay to have banners flying over camp, i think it's another housecleaning, whether that's actually warranted or not.  there have been a lot of decent and good qbs drafted in recent years, and mccags needs a hit on one.  

I do not see Macs job on the line. he has not done a bad job but he has not hit a home run either. He has done more with late round picks and fa. But remember this team was bad talent wise who is around from the previous regimes picks? so anyone he picks here in a position of need will help us

37 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I do not see Macs job on the line. he has not done a bad job but he has not hit a home run either. He has done more with late round picks and fa. But remember this team was bad talent wise who is around from the previous regimes picks? so anyone he picks here in a position of need will help us

i like mccags and have faith in him, but he's taken a beating (and perhaps rightfully so at this point) for the hack pick.  he needs to find a qb, new gms don't get that many chances.  

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Bowles I agree with you. Don't just ignore the fact that Charley Casserly & Ron Wolf suggested Macc. He should get 5 years minimum to see what he can do.

i like mccags and have faith in him, but he's taken a beating (and perhaps rightfully so at this point) for the hack pick.  he needs to find a qb, new gms don't get that many chances.  

Bowles, Gailey, Patullo, and two scouts all attended Hack's workout at State College with Macc. 

The team is ultimately the HC's vision of who or what he needs to succeed. The GM pursues the player, makes roster moves, executes deals, etc. 

If the HC can't coach or do his job then you're pretty much screwed. 2016 was supposed to be an improved version of 2015. WTF happened? 

Belichick lost Brady, he coached up Garoppolo.

Belichick lost Garoppolo, he coached up Brissett.

Belichick lost Gronk and Amendola, he coached up Hogan.

Bowles lost Eric Decker, season over.

Belichick waltzed to Super Bowl LI, won a fifth ring. 

BB doesn't have, want, or need a GM.

1 yr is too soon for anyone to be beat up for a second round pick. everyone wants him to start and to play but we have been down that road it is bettter to let him learn from the side lines. in 2 yrs yes beat away but after one yr. nope

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I'd rather take Foster,McCaffrey or Williams

Of those three Williams is the only guy I think is going to be guaranteed-productive no matter where he lands.  Of course, he'd be most productive in a competent offense with a capable QB, but every team needs a bonafide #1 receiver and that's exactly what Williams is.

McCaffrey is a potentially unique all around talent, but needs to be in an offense that deploys him properly -- he would be a perfect fit in the Pats offense but I think he would be misused and wasted with the Jets as they stand now.  He simply is not plug & play, especially with the Jets' brain trust factored in.

Foster might be a decent pick, but Williams is as close as you get to a sure-thing. 

Archived