Movies We've Seen Thread

The whole thing? Seriously?

Well, to be fair we were cooking.  I was showing her how we could use the cellphone as a remote to watch youtube on the TV through the Roku.  I think it came right after that Dirty Laundry short you guys were talking about.  Dolph was better than usual and if you like camp it had its moments.  Worst part was the ending.  Me: Dolph Lundgren is naked  Her:  No he wasn't  Me: Watch.  Her:  Ew, he's all oiled!  Me:  I just rewound to rewatch Dolph Lundgren's bare backside.  I am so ashamed!  

It's the best adaptation so far... even thought it's pitiful, at least there's no Louie Anderson John Pinnet fat neighbor comic relief.

Was the ninja clan he fought identified in that film as the "Hand" clan, I believe they are supposed to be the same organization that they pitted Wolverine against in his most recent film.

Hahaha.  Another sucker!

That watched the whole Dolph Lundgren movie.  I thought we were the only ones!

Gotcha - I watched it like 3 times when I was a kid and it first came out. I love the character so much, I just kept watching it try to will it to be something more than what it was. :D

Well, to be fair we were cooking. I was showing her how we could use the cellphone as a remote to watch youtube on the TV through the Roku. I think it came right after that Dirty Laundry short you guys were talking about. Dolph was better than usual and if you like camp it had its moments. Worst part was the ending. Me: Dolph Lundgren is naked Her: No he wasn't Me: Watch. Her: Ew, he's all oiled! Me: I just rewound to rewatch Dolph Lundgren's bare backside. I am so ashamed!

Sucked in by Ivan Drago's buttocks, it happens to the best of us.

So I just watched, Pontypool, which was under horror on Netflix, yet I would probably put it more under psychological thriller. Extremely intellectual and cerebra,l it sort of plays out as if you were reading a Stephen King short story. The movie definitely leaves you in deep thought trying to figure out what you just saw. In some ways, it reminded me of watching Momento (or maybe Muholland Drive)...where you're trying to digest everything. And you want to go back and rewatch it to find more clues (even though you probably won't)...but instead of rewatching it you're may be better off finding the script and (re)reading it? It's a dreamy slow burn probably best suited to watch alone when you're bored. I'd warn you it could definitely be considered way too tedious by some...but the end result is pretty profound and thought provoking. I immediately googled the movie after seeing it, to try and understand it better. So it was slow and tedious but also thought provoking and original. 

Just a disclaimer, I'm a huge Punisher fan and I'd bet hard coin that the only person on this site who is remotely within the same realm as me on that note is Thor.  And I can happily admit that from a basic character standpoint, The Punisher is a character that we've seen a billion incarnations of on a movie screen already. The great Castle stories, however, are not. But the problem is that there is absolutely no way, in any way shape or form, to adapt any of Garth Ennis' work into 2 hour features. It's not possible, the stories are too drawn out and would require way too much time on top of the action that would be necessary.

I was never a huge fan of Frank Castle, but I did appreciate how different and dark it was. It went where Daredevil only touched on. Even early Wolverine, in the blue and yellow, wasn't very dark.

My favorite book of all time was the original Ghost Rider. I don't know why, but I couldn't get enough of it.

I keep hearing rumors of a Power Man and Iron Fist movie, loved that book too.

I was never a huge fan of Frank Castle, but I did appreciate how different and dark it was. It went where Daredevil only touched on. Even early Wolverine, in the blue and yellow, wasn't very dark.

My favorite book of all time was the original Ghost Rider. I don't know why, but I couldn't get enough of it.

I keep hearing rumors of a Power Man and Iron Fist movie, loved that book too.

For some reason I thought I remembered you citing Ennis a bunch of times.

Not a movie, a show, along with several others. Marvel is developing Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage for their own series and building those up for a Defenders miniseries for Netflix. Which means I'll be losing a good week of my life binge watching all of that at once.

For some reason I thought I remembered you citing Ennis a bunch of times.

Not a movie, a show, along with several others. Marvel is developing Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage for their own series and building those up for a Defenders miniseries for Netflix. Which means I'll be losing a good week of my life binge watching all of that at once.

I'm going to have to take some time off of work for that.

I'm going to be pretty heartbroken if Daredevil doesn't work out. Out of all the Marvel characters, I've always thought he was best suited for TV because of Miller's noir stories. Waid's new stuff has been great too.

I haven't read much lately, but I know that I would like to murder Cage and Affleck for ruining my childhood.

I would love to see the Karen Page arc.

I haven't read much lately, but I know that I would like to murder Cage and Affleck for ruining my childhood.

I would love to see the Karen Page arc.

I would put money on that happening. When Marvel got the rights back from Fox, every single report had Born Again as the top goal for what they wanted.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

I watched Dallas Buyers Club this weekend. Between that and True Detectives, Matthew McConaughey is straight fire right now.

"True Detective" is phenomenal. Saw "WOW" over the weekend. A fun movie, but about 1 hour too long. Anyone know why McConaughey's "mentor'  role was so limited or was it cut?

Definitely, I'll still watch this, but it looks horrible. 

I don't even know what to make of it. I have literally never met anyone that read the comic, I remember Drax from a bunch of crossover stuff but that's about it. At the very least, I'm happy that Ronan is getting introduced into the cinematic universe because that means more Kree awesomeness in the future.

I don't even know what to make of it. I have literally never met anyone that read the comic, I remember Drax from a bunch of crossover stuff but that's about it. At the very least, I'm happy that Ronan is getting introduced into the cinematic universe because that means more Kree awesomeness in the future.

Is Ronan worth a look? 

Saw Bad Grandpa with my sons and their friends.  I feel like we watched two different movies.  They laughed like idiots and kept waiting for something to really make me laugh.  When Knoxville crapped on the wall in the diner was a good laugh and when the kid participated in the beauty contest was pretty funny.  Other than that I guess I'm just old?