Are Mark Sanchez believers left?

pointman

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really starting to wonder if the beating he took in the Ravens game is still somewhere in the back of his mind.

I haven't seen the pump fakes that he was doing his first year or for parts of last year.

He is not moving around and getting out of the pocket like he has in the past. To me that was one of the best parts of his game. His ability to work amid chaos.

I don't care what anyone says but there is no doubt in my mind that he misses Braylon Edwards and his deep ball big play ability. When the Jets were taking shots deep down the field it seemed like Edwards was the main target.

The problem right now is the Jets have a ton of money invested in him so there is no way they are tossing the towel in on him after this year. I have no doubt that after the season Schotty and Cavanaugh let go after the season and someone will be brought in to put the pieces back together.

I really feel I have no choice right now but to believe that Sanchez will work his way out of this. I just don't know if it is going to happen or 2011.

it's more then just the Ravens game. He's been knocked down 59 times. That's a hell of a lot of punishment for an undersized QB.

it's got to effect him. he does look scared out there. What the hell happened to the OL?

it's more then just the Ravens game. He's been knocked down 59 times. That's a hell of a lot of punishment for an undersized QB.

it's got to effect him. he does look scared out there. What the hell happened to the OL?

The offensive line hasn't been good this year. But Sanchez also holds the ball far too long.

I honestly believe that Sanchez can be as good as anyone with the right playcalling and gameplan. He just needs a competent OC, that gets off his arse when things are bad. Keep Sanchise, fire Schotty.

You honestly believed that Kellen Clemens was going to be a good QB too. So..................

carl banks really laid it out today. the jets didn't do enough to make sure he has protection, and he said if this keeps up, he will be the next david carr

and you know what ?

he's 100% exactly right

sanchez has taken a serious beating this year from the first ******* play of the first ******* game !!!!!

hunter and mulligan are just awful, and even brees or rodgers would look very different with no time to throw

all sanchez has left is slants

and you know what ?

everybody knows it, and they sit on it

this is on tanny

If Sanchez's brain didn't turn into instant oatmeal when he sees his primary receiver is covered, he wouldn't get hit half as much.

Yep. The protection is awful, cant deny that, but when you're QB cant go through his progressions, then what does it matter is he's got all day to throw?

Depends on what "better" is, I guess.

I think we have to see Mark with a better offensive coordinator before we throw him under the bus. It would be just like the Jets to trade him, and let him succeed somewhere else when Schotty was the problem.

Yep. The protection is awful, cant deny that, but when you're QB cant go through his progressions, then what does it matter is he's got all day to throw?

There are about 25 other QBs in the league that would kill to have Sanchez's OL. If the QB can't identify a defense, call the right audible with the right protection, locate his hot read and deliver the ball quickly, it doesn't matter if he has five All-Pros in front of him, he's going to get hit.

There are about 25 other QBs in the league that would kill to have Sanchez's OL. If the QB can't identify a defense, call the right audible with the right protection, locate his hot read and deliver the ball quickly, it doesn't matter if he has five All-Pros in front of him, he's going to get hit.

Yeah but when he recognizes the blitz he finds out his WRs are still running their merry ole routes. This happened atleast twice or thrice yesterday.

The WR play yesterday was beyond atrocious!

Yeah but when he recognizes the blitz he finds out his WRs are still running their merry ole routes. This happened atleast twice or thrice yesterday.

The WR play yesterday was beyond atrocious!

QBs are like point guards*. You have a bad PG on the floor, everybody looks worse. You put a good PG on the floor, everybody looks like an All-Star.

*FU in advance to all those who piss all over this sweet, if cliched, analogy.

QBs are like point guards*. You have a bad PG on the floor, everybody looks worse. You put a good PG on the floor, everybody looks like an All-Star.

*FU in advance to all those who piss all over this sweet, if cliched, analogy.

No one is saying Mark is an All Pro or whatever.

But QBs are like point guards who can get hit! And they need WRs to be ready to bail them out when required. Or atleast make an effing effort!

Exactly. Its like the argument I was having the other day about Brady vs. people saying he didnt light us up. Dude made every single read perfectly, had the perfect audible, called the perfect coverage, and delivered a perfect ball. I understand he's Tom Brady, but half of a QB's success is dependent on what they do before the snap.

Snchz tries to do this, and he doesnt do it well. Every single defense in the NFL knows, that when Sanchez is a passing situation and is killing the play, he'll audible into 1 of 2 things, a quick slant or a dig at the 1st down marker. Which are all easy plays to jump/sit on because they dont utilize the field. Thats a problem but those are his strengths.

I've tried...I've given him every opportunity. I want him gone ASAP. Dont even like watching this team play anymore because of Mark Sanchez. He's awful. I'd rather have Tebow.

It seems like only 2 weeks ago we were having an argument about..................

Ah, forget it.

One thing about Sanchez making pre-snap reads and audibles is that he seems to change the play and then wait an hour to snap the ball. When he does that the other team KNOWS the play is changed and probably has a pretty good guess as to what it is changed to. I can't count how many times I heard him say "KILL! KILL!" and then not snap the ball for 10 seconds. Get a call with an advantage and snap it quick before the other team adjusts.

To answer the titular question though, I would sure hope so. Because he has improved every season thusfar.

Awesome!!!

28th Passer Rating

29th in Comp %

18th Yards per attempt

28th Yards per game

12 TD/ 20 INT

27th Passer Rating

29th in Comp %

26th Yards per attempt

25th Yards per game

17 TD/13 INT

2011 so far...

20th Pass Rating

27th in Comp %

22nd Yards per attempt

18th Yards per game

14 TD/ 10INT

Awesome!!!

28th Passer Rating

29th in Comp %

18th Yards per attempt

28th Yards per game

12 TD/ 20 INT

27th Passer Rating

29th in Comp %

26th Yards per attempt

25th Yards per game

17 TD/13 INT

2011 so far...

20th Pass Rating

27th in Comp %

22nd Yards per attempt

18th Yards per game

14 TD/ 10INT

I suppose if we completely ignore all changes in circumstances, such as having an UDFA rookie at center instead of a pro-bowler and having a turnstyle at right tackle all of the sudden and swapping wide receivers every single year then yes, he's about the same as last year.

With the amount of great QBs (in fact, name a statue that was a great QB) who have been known to improvise a play or prolong a play you have to figure that at least some of the results of pass protection falls on the QB.

I suppose if we completely ignore all changes in circumstances, such as having an UDFA rookie at center instead of a pro-bowler and having a turnstyle at right tackle all of the sudden and swapping wide receivers every single year then yes, he's about the same as last year.

Context is for poor people.

Yes, it's awesome.

I suppose if we completely ignore that Mangold has played 75% of the season we might be able to use that as an excuse. I suppose if we completely ignore that no other QB gets to take snaps from Nick Mangold. I suppose we could ignore that Braylon and Keller and Cotchery carried over from 2009-2010 and Holmes and Keller from 2010-2011. I suppose we could also ignore that he hasn't had any turnover in playbooks, coordinators, coaches, or any other myriad of things that would be used as excuses for his being just a flat-out bad QB had the Jets replaced them also.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Fitzpatrick lost Lee Evans.

Eli lost Steve Smith.

I've seen Brady lose starting receiver after starting receiver over the years (Branch, Givens, Stallworth, Moss, Caldwell, Graham, Fauria).

Carson Palmer is throwing to all new receivers plus a new playbook.

When we got Holmes it coincided with Rapistberger losing Holmes.

Schaub (until he got hurt himself) had been playing without Andre Johnson.

Romo has had to deal with no Miles Austin just about half the season. So he starts throwing to new-arrival-nobody Laurent Robinson.

Who were the carry-over receivers from San Diego to New Orleans when Brees signed there?

Which receivers did Matt Hasselbeck play with last season in Seattle and bring with him to Tennessee? None. And then he loses Britt in week 3.

Name all the receivers on Miami that came over from Carolina with Matt Moore.

How many receivers did Cam Newton bring with him from Auburn for continuity?

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

This happens with QBs every year. It's only seen as a season-long excuse for Mark Sanchez.

Archived