Im really starting to hate the NFL.

villain_the_foe

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ef8ff/article/redskins-lb-fletcher-livid-over-roughing-call-for-hit-on-brady?module=HP11_content_stream

This is seriously starting to piss me off. You cant compete in this league with stuff like this. If this was Vick nothing would have been called.....as there was no penalty to be called in the first place.

he was in the air

horrible call and if that was mark sanchez it's not called

didn't we have a 90 yard drive today made up almost entirely of penalties that weren't actually penalities? I believe the opposing coach was so enraged he got a 15 yarder

Tony Dungy said it was a terrible call and Rodney Harrison said, "Its Tom Brady coach"..nuff said

And thats all you need to know. If you dont think officials think this while calling the game, you're lying to yourself.

didn't we have a 90 yard drive today made up almost entirely of penalties that weren't actually penalities? I believe the opposing coach was so enraged he got a 15 yarder

Yes...one of the more funny drives I've ever witnessed.

And thats all you need to know. If you dont think officials think this while calling the game, you're lying to yourself.

Yes...one of the more funny drives I've ever witnessed.

Best part was not one of those calls was an actual penalty. It felt weird being a Jet fan and getting all those weak a$$ flags I was like, ooooh. Nice. Like driving a shiny new car you can't afford.

Best part was not one of those calls was an actual penalty. It felt weird being a Jet fan and getting all those weak a$$ flags I was like, ooooh. Nice. Like driving a shiny new car you can't afford.

No, none of them were...I mean, the one on Plax...the guy didnt turn around to look for the ball but still very tic tac. It was refreshing to get the calls for once.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ef8ff/article/redskins-lb-fletcher-livid-over-roughing-call-for-hit-on-brady?module=HP11_content_stream

This is seriously starting to piss me off. You cant compete in this league with stuff like this. If this was Vick nothing would have been called.....as there was no penalty to be called in the first place.

IMHO...the NFL should finally get that A-hole Triplet out of there..he clearly is influenced which in turn makes him have these calls...NFL Fire his a$$ NOW...and I don't want this guy anyway near our last three games.

Don't know... I've seen that called all the time. Brady was going down, can't touch him.

Not that anyone in this thread has mentioned it, so they are kind of missing the forest for the trees, but the ref said a forearm shot to the head. That is inexplicable and in that regard is a bad call.

In today's NFL, you have to error on the side of caution. London Fletcher should known better than to try and tattoo Brady as he enters his slide..

Not that anyone in this thread has mentioned it, so they are kind of missing the forest for the trees, but the ref said a forearm shot to the head. That is inexplicable and in that regard is a bad call.

In today's NFL, you have to error on the side of caution. London Fletcher should known better than to try and tattoo Brady as he enters his slide..

Come'on homer. Fletcher was in the air when Brady began his slide and his forearm hit Brady's forearm.

So gay. I really want both Brady and Gronk to die in a car pool on the way to the game.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

There were a lot of questionable calls in that game. Pats got called for two that were pathetic too. Not only can you NOT Brady, but apparently you can't hit anybody anymore. Hey, make the players wear flags and call it a day. Flag Football can be competitive. :animal0029:

Come'on homer. Fletcher was in the air when Brady began his slide and his forearm hit Brady's forearm.

So gay. I really want both Brady and Gronk to die in a car pool on the way to the game.

And?

Again, take off your kelley green tinted glasses and drop your hatred of everything Patriots, this over protection of the QB is nothing new.

Fletcher needs to be aware of this. It is not like he is confronting Vick or Rodgers. Brady is slow and will go down..no pun intended.

It was a horrible call...no argument. The penalty they called is even more confounding. If they said late hit, I would say ticky-tack...but saying forearm to head was horrible.

And?

Again, take off your kelley green tinted glasses and drop your hatred of everything Patriots, this over protection of the QB is nothing new.

Fletcher needs to be aware of this. It is not like he is confronting Vick or Rodgers. Brady is slow and will go down..no pun intended.

It was a horrible call...no argument. The penalty they called is even more confounding. If they said late hit, I would say ticky-tack...but saying forearm to head was horrible.

Come on man. It's not like he wasn't close to getting the first down or already had it. The way they were moving they were going to meet at the line for the first down. Fletcher had to make sure he hit him hard enough to stop all forward momentum to ensure that he didn't get the first. There was no way to back off and make sure he doesn't get the first there.

Come on man. It's not like he wasn't close to getting the first down or already had it. The way they were moving they were going to meet at the line for the first down. Fletcher had to make sure he hit him hard enough to stop all forward momentum to ensure that he didn't get the first. There was no way to back off and make sure he doesn't get the first there.

No arguments. I have said it was horrible. And this is not right, but defensive players do have to, unfortunately, consider these rules when going in.

Personal biases aside on both sides, the issue is with the NFL over pussification. Unlike that a$$-clown Harrison, Fletcher was boned on the play.

Just like Carter was when he sacked Rex only to have an INT over turned....although with Carter's play I can sort of see the penalty although it was BS.

I support protecting the QBs for hits to the knee (Brady Rule) or head shots, but we have all seen text book clean hits(like Fletcher's) that were horrible.

No arguments. I have said it was horrible. And this is not right, but defensive players do have to, unfortunately, consider these rules when going in.

I guess this is where I am not sure what you are saying. In your opinion what would of been the right thing for him to do in that situation "considering the rules"?

Horrible call on Fletcher and a horrible call on Wilfork. Wilfork and his 350+ lbs fell on a running back who had fallen over without being touched and was trying to get up.

The worst call of the day was a non-call. Gronk took a helmet to helmet hit on the goal line.

Horrible call on Fletcher and a horrible call on Wilfork. Wilfork and his 350+ lbs fell on a running back who had fallen over without being touched and was trying to get up.

The worst call of the day was a non-call. Gronk took a helmet to helmet hit on the goal line.

Aye but if any player can take that hit is Gronk. Hate to admit it, but that guy is a beast.

NFL is different and I think Goodell is to blame. Too many flags, too many fines, an 80+ yard NFL drive fueled with garbage calls........but yet the NFL is as engrossing as ever. What gives?

Archived